| 11-13-2007, 02:18 PM || #1 |
Join Date: Aug 2007
| | Gem's Advice on Becoming Gifted
First of all, I have been asked to create this thread by many folks. It will probably get deleted or merged into another thread, but here it goes. There is already a wealth of information on this subject, so I appoligize if this is not very helpful. But, I hope it is!
Gem's Guide to Becoming Gifted 101
1. Don't get all mad! Think about all of the people who ask this of WI every dingle day. Take a moment to go and see all of the requests. Go and say hello to some of the other hopeful people who want to become gifted and make an effort to share advice with them. Also, share great posts and contest information with these folks!
2. Start new and interesting polls! Polls are a great way to have informative posts. But, don't just answer the poll with one click and be done with it. Type your ideas and opinions in the thread! If you need ideas for a poll, ask your friends what they would like to know. Put your own personality into the polls. Serf WI to help you generate new ideas.
3. Host a contest. Think of a new, original, really cool contest and apply for it. Talk about posting.I just had one and holy cow, did I ever post. WI members just love contests and prizes.
4. Review your posts. Are they short and boring? Ask yourself: "Who would be interested in that post? [and] "did I have anything neat to say?"
5. Go and greet new people to WI. Remember when you were new and made all those mistakes, and couldn't access anything, and thought about giving up and joining another site? Remember why you stayed with WI? Tell others why you love it here, and give them friendly well thought out advice.
6. Go and talk to newly gifted people as well as old folks who have been here forever. They may thought of ideas that you haven't even considered about how to be a valuable member of WI!
I hope this helps some folks! Most of all, please do read the rules and advice that is already posted on WI. Then, go and read it again! Don't get mad; be patient and helpful to others! You will be gifted sooner than you think!
geminilouise (gift guru, and one contest host and happy WI member):chi::bas::rac::wt::rdr::el1::lion::husky:
Gotta go and pick up the kids folks! Good day to all and don't worry, be happy!
| || |