Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 06:29 PM   #21
ants Diamond Apples!
Gifted

Jennifer36 defies all odds
Jennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all odds

Donation Award 
Default Re: Full Birthday List

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily

People wanting to wish Happy Birthday can click on each name, and then judge from the profile whether they want to post birthday wishes.
However, I don't quite understand why one would want to wish Happy Birthday to complete strangers? Please note that giving out birthday wishes in the hope of receiving Rep points isn't quite in the right spirit of the thing. It makes sense to me, to wish Happy Birthday to friends/contacts, but not random members.
Hi Webberlily, Please be assured I am not looking for rep or post count(since I VM my greeting) I only want to be friendly. I have met several new friends and encouraged new members just wishing a Happy Birthday.

It is nice to be able to see the full list (Thanks again RockerMom) because I know I have missed people in the past.

Also, I was not implying or suggesting any user should lose their account due to inactivity.

Thanks again Everyone!
Jennifer36 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #22
Webkinz :)

Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!

If you click on the "143 birthdays" onh the calender, it will show them all (IF your privacy setting is set correctly). But I believe the FRONT forum page only shows those who also have their privacy setting set correctly, but have been active within a time period (I don't know what that might be)- think about what a small percentage of us have posts and are active here, compared to all of those who never log in again. They have their birthdays shown along with all of us avid WI members, so it is better to keep those off. If people want to see the full, inactive and active birthday list, I think it's better for them to go out of their way and click on the calender link. Got to keep our forum tidy!
Squeecky540 is offline Female
Old 05-04-2010, 07:22 PM   #23
deedee6
Gifted

lego has accomplished something fantabulous
lego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulous

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz_forever
Members: 149,565.
Average people who have their birthday each day: 409.767123.
Halve that as some don't put in their birthdays: 200.
200 names..? Ugh, no thank you.
I'd rather have a less cluttered page.
Like Webkinz_forever said it would be a very cluttered page
lego is offline Female
Old 05-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #24

tigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wonder

I like the idea! I've always wondered this too. I was like, woah wait there. Theres ____ birthdays, and only __ listed! I think they only show the ones who've been most active or something. If they listed everyone's birthday, than it would take like forever to wish everyone a happy birthday. But yes, I think it would be nice if everyone how a birthday wish!
tigergirl890 is offline Female
Old 05-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #25
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

Thank you so much Rockermom for pointing out that clicking on the birthday cake, brings out the complete list of members having their birthday today. I didn't know that! You are very resourceful!

thanks Webberlily!

I am glad that someone got some use out of all that hard work to get the visual on to the page!

I just wanted to show that the list of ALL members was accessible by one Click.

I like to go through the list and pick out my friends and go straight to their profile and wish them a very happy day!
rockermom is offline Female
Old 05-04-2010, 08:35 PM   #26
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

But for those of us who are concerned:

If you have hidden your birthday in "Edit your Details", your birthday will not show up
Old 05-04-2010, 08:44 PM   #27
~ wackyfied ~

WI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicness
WI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicness

Jennifer - I know you; your heart is in the right place.
I know exactly what you are asking for because I went through the same thing when I found the cake icon back in Jan!
The members who don't have their bdays listed at the bottom are members who do not post regularly. They may be on here every day reading and catching up, however, they do not post on a regular basis.

I don't quite understand why one would want to wish Happy Birthday to complete strangers? Please note that giving out birthday wishes in the hope of receiving Rep points isn't quite in the right spirit of the thing. It makes sense to me, to wish Happy Birthday to friends/contacts, but not random members.

I can assure you 210% Webberlily, that the few folks wishing daily happy birthdays are NOT searching for rep whatsoever. It is the same 3-5 folks who simply extend a special greeting for a special day in forum members' lives.
It truly is a special feeling to make someone else's day
WI 50ish is offline Female
Old 05-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #28
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

At several requests I will put the birthday page up again.

Hi!! Just to let you know...

the full list is listed!!

all you have to do is click on the little "CAKE" next to the list.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click on their names and you can access all of their profiles!

Click the image to open in full size.

Now you can wish everyone you want to a Happy Birthday!!!!!
Have Fun!

rockermom is offline Female
Old 05-04-2010, 08:52 PM   #29
ants Diamond Apples!
Gifted

Jennifer36 defies all odds
Jennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all odds

Donation Award 

WI 50ish - Ahhh, another fellow birthday Wish-er! Thank you for posting that clarification - that makes me feel better that I have not been overlooking people. I will take care to peruse both lists, and randomly wish a few on the bigger list! I love the warm feeling I get when someone says I made their day for remembering them!

Thanks again Everyone!
Jennifer36 is offline Female
Old 05-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #30
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

However, I don't quite understand why one would want to wish Happy Birthday to complete strangers? Please note that giving out birthday wishes in the hope of receiving Rep points isn't quite in the right spirit of the thing. It makes sense to me, to wish Happy Birthday to friends/contacts, but not random members..
It is a form of welcoming and has no connection with Rep Points. Believe me there are not a lot of Rep points there unless you are a friend.

I monitor that thread all the time...Many new members post there. They ask for BD wishes for their WW pets.

They just want to see they belong here
Closed