Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 03:17 PM   #11
Webkinz :)

ChocolateCow has disabled reputation

Default Re: A Friendly Reminder on Flagging of Posts

i agree!!! thanks for the great reminder!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #12

jazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by kigz
Hello WI!!!

This is just a friendly reminder on how to effeectively use the reporting or flagging of posts here on WI. Posts that would be deserving of a flag include those that are completely off topic, malicious, threateneing, explicit, containing illegal links, and the like. However, if you simply disagree with a member's opinion, this would not be a case to flag their post. If a member is kindly reminding you to wish another member a happy birthday, or inviting you to leave them a warm wish on a special thread, this would also not be a reason to flag. In these cases, it would be more appropriate to simply PM or leave a message for the member on their wall that you would kindly decline their offer of participating, since no rules of the forum are being broken. The system is not meant to be used for tattling on people you disagree with, but to protect the youngest, most vulnerable members of our community. Thank you!
Great reminder, especially the part about: "The system is not meant to be used for tattling on people you disagree with, but to protect the youngest, most vulnerable members of our community." We know how people get reported for no reason in WW and we don't want that to happen here in .
jazzykinz is offline Female
Old 11-29-2009, 03:27 PM   #13

♥Lovey♥ is on a distinguished road

Thanks for this reminder! We don't want threads being deleted that are fine, and bothering the mods with unnecessary tattletaling.
♥Lovey♥ is offline Female
Old 11-29-2009, 03:39 PM   #14
a wee bit
Gifted

kigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by meowsrus
You could start a list of 'good reasons to flag' and 'not nice reasons to flag' in your first post. That way everyone could see all of the contributions there

Flagging for malicious reasons (jealousy, just to be mean, they have an issue with that member, the member beat them to doing something, or simply because they were in a bad or cranky mood) is just wrong and should not be supported.

It would be like me flagging this thread simply because you posted it before I did or I didn't like an opinion you made elsewhere, or your opinion you made here- even though it INCREASED the level of the COMMUNITY.

What a wonderful reminder for ALL members. You got Rep from me!!!!!

Great idea!! I hope I don't miss anyone...if I do, just help me out here, lol!
kigz is offline Female
Old 11-29-2009, 03:49 PM   #15
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I agree, but I also feel like if anyone feels like a post is out of line somehow, go ahead and flag it, and let the mods decide what, if any, the response should be. I just don't want anyone to feel afraid to flag something that might need attention.
Desty is offline Female
Old 11-29-2009, 03:59 PM   #16

Gabsmom is a jewel in the roughGabsmom is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the great info, sometimes all of us can us a reminder as to what constitutes an improper post. Rep to you!!!
Gabsmom is offline Female
Old 11-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #17
A Meditating
Gift Guru

meowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by kigz
Great idea!! I hope I don't miss anyone...if I do, just help me out here, lol!
Sure Thanks for posting such a WONDERFUL reminder for everyone. I know if I see something positive from someone else, even if it isn't something I might not have or didn't get to do, I would never flag them for being POSITIVE and trying to make this community a brighter place!!!!!

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I agree, but I also feel like if anyone feels like a post is out of line somehow, go ahead and flag it, and let the mods decide what, if any, the response should be. I just don't want anyone to feel afraid to flag something that might need attention.
Yes, if there is something that you are in doubt about you can flag it and say something like: I am not sure if this breaks the rules or not, so I just wanted to get a mods opinion' in the comment section when you flag or if it is something, say- not sure if it a new item to WW that was posted, say 'I wanted to bring this to your attention because I think they found something new, but I'm not sure'.

meowsrus is offline Female
Old 11-29-2009, 05:00 PM   #18
soupbeanman

Grantm56 is a jewel in the roughGrantm56 is a jewel in the rough

Good reminder. Flagging should not be for jealousy
Grantm56 is offline Male
Old 11-30-2009, 12:16 AM   #19
stuck101
Gifted

bettyv has much to be proud ofbettyv has much to be proud ofbettyv has much to be proud ofbettyv has much to be proud ofbettyv has much to be proud of

Flagging is a great tool, but like any other tool needs to be used wisely. Thanks for some great guidelines!
bettyv is offline Female
Old 11-30-2009, 01:14 AM   #20
toricutie2000

toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!

& this is another one of those things that we all need to learn about when we 1st start here too. sometimes some people just don't know yet. Nice job here posting.
Closed

Tags
galfam was here, smells like purple