Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
a wee bit
Gifted

kigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default A Friendly Reminder on Flagging of Posts

Hello WI!!!

This is just a friendly reminder on how to effeectively use the reporting or flagging of posts here on WI. Posts that would be deserving of a flag include those that are completely off topic, malicious, threateneing, explicit, containing illegal links, and the like. However, if you simply disagree with a member's opinion, this would not be a case to flag their post. If a member is kindly reminding you to wish another member a happy birthday, or inviting you to leave them a warm wish on a special thread, this would also not be a reason to flag. In these cases, it would be more appropriate to simply PM or leave a message for the member on their wall that you would kindly decline their offer of participating, since no rules of the forum are being broken. The system is not meant to be used for tattling on people you disagree with, but to protect the youngest, most vulnerable members of our community. Thank you!

GOOD reasons to flag
off topic or needs to be moved
malicious
threatening
explicit
illegal link
exciting new information for front page news
get mod to close your own thread

NOT GOOD reasons to flag
jealousy
don't agree with opinion of member
want to get someone in trouble
don't like a member

Last edited by kigz; 11-29-2009 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: consoloidate thoughts of posters :)
kigz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #2
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

Default Re: A Friendly Reminder on Flagging of Posts

Good reminder, I think everyone needs to be reminded every now and then why you should flag a post and why you should not.
Rep.
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Old 11-29-2009, 02:13 PM   #3
call me Hermione
Webkinz :)

potterwatch has much to be proud ofpotterwatch has much to be proud ofpotterwatch has much to be proud ofpotterwatch has much to be proud ofpotterwatch has much to be proud of

I agree with Pop-Tart, it is a good reminder on the why's and why not's of flagging posts!!!
potterwatch is offline Female
Old 11-29-2009, 02:13 PM   #4
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

You can also flag posts to get a mod/admins attention to a thread. Like, if a member discovered something new in Webkinz World or a new Webkinz, or just anything a Mod/admin needs to see right away good or bad. Then, the other reasons to use flagging is if something breaks WI rules.
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 11-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #5
a wee bit
Gifted

kigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by smvmonkey
You can also flag posts to get a mod/admins attention to a thread. Like, if a member discovered something new in Webkinz World or a new Webkinz, or just anything a Mod/admin needs to see right away good or bad. Then, the other reasons to use flagging is if something breaks WI rules.
Yes! Most definitely--isn't it funny how the POSITIVE stuff gets left in the dust...thank you--REP!
kigz is offline Female
Old 11-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #6
Gifted in my own way

SPOTTEDLEAF08 is a jewel in the roughSPOTTEDLEAF08 is a jewel in the rough

Yes, flagging can also be used for drawing attention to a post that contains important info. But good reminder! Rep.
SPOTTEDLEAF08 is offline Female
Old 11-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #7
hy not smile!?!

poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!

Thanks for the kind reminder!!! I usually flag when there is something that I see that might deserve to be on the front page. Other times, there might be a thread which asks for too much info or something like that. I am not a constant flagger, just from time to time. It is a great reminder, though, that flagging is for positive reasons, as well.
poguee_smiles is offline Female
Old 11-29-2009, 02:22 PM   #8
|_ () \/ 3
Gift Guru

lexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guide

Good reminder!
Also if you could add up there you ARE allowed to flag a post to close the thread (it has to be your thread OR the owner says to..) and also you can flag a thread if it needs to be moved to a different section.
lexi18216 is offline Female
Old 11-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #9
a wee bit
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by lexi18216
Good reminder!
Also if you could add up there you ARE allowed to flag a post to close the thread (it has to be your thread OR the owner says to..) and also you can flag a thread if it needs to be moved to a different section.
Yes! Thank you--it is a good thing I started this thread as I am the one in need of being reminded!! LOL!!! Thanks again
kigz is offline Female
Old 11-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #10
A Meditating
Gift Guru

meowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wonder

You could start a list of 'good reasons to flag' and 'not nice reasons to flag' in your first post. That way everyone could see all of the contributions there

Flagging for malicious reasons (jealousy, just to be mean, they have an issue with that member, the member beat them to doing something, or simply because they were in a bad or cranky mood) is just wrong and should not be supported.

It would be like me flagging this thread simply because you posted it before I did or I didn't like an opinion you made elsewhere, or your opinion you made here- even though it INCREASED the level of the COMMUNITY.

What a wonderful reminder for ALL members. You got Rep from me!!!!!

Last edited by meowsrus; 11-29-2009 at 03:03 PM..
meowsrus is offline Female
Closed

Tags
galfam was here, smells like purple