Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2008, 12:46 PM   #21
Webkinz :)

CocoLion is just really niceCocoLion is just really nice

Default Re: A Friendly Reminder

View Post Originally Posted by CGrocks
Exactly. that is exactly what I am saying

---------- CGrocks added 0 Minutes and 30 Seconds later ----------

No you didn't it was a good point.
Thank you You have a very good point started this thread. Rep Points shall be awarded
CocoLion is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #22
Ello Love :)
Gifted

CGrocks has a spectacular aura about

thanks everyone

---------- CGrocks added 1252 Minutes and 38 Seconds later ----------

Also, respect others. Submit to the admin and mods.

Last edited by CGrocks; 06-09-2008 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
CGrocks is offline Female
Old 06-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #23

gothmama is on a distinguished road

It would be nice if we could close our own threads, too. I feel like a burden to ask admins to close my threads. So if there's already a thread out there, and it's more than 2 weeks old -- you know it's fairly likely going unread by everyone. So, sometimes, ,it's actually necessary to start a new thread.

However, with that said -- those are not the usual circumstances. And we probably just need to understand we'll need to live with the people who do not fully understand how to work within the WI world. It's not that they are defiant, they simply do not understand. There are a lot of users that are children or teens and their cognitive ability is not the same as an adults.

How many threads have we seen questioning the upside down avatars? Too many... These members simply haven't bothered to look for the answer before posting their query. Our more 'mature' (ah hem...) members probably would know exactly how to maneuver WI for such information. A younger member, regardless of how many posts they have, may not even have a clue of how to figure out what is going on unless they are very savvy.

I do not mean to discredit any youth, but I do have 4 children of my own plus extended family and a lot of years of life experience. Life would be really great if people followed the rules. Make yourself feel better and try to learn to live with it, you'll keep a lower blood pressure in the end. And think of it this way: Those people just make YOU look better!

p.s. (I'm not a rule breaker, I do try to be a role model)
Old 06-09-2008, 12:02 PM   #24
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by gothmama
It would be nice if we could close our own threads, too. I feel like a burden to ask admins to close my threads. So if there's already a thread out there, and it's more than 2 weeks old -- you know it's fairly likely going unread by everyone. So, sometimes, ,it's actually necessary to start a new thread.

However, with that said -- those are not the usual circumstances. And we probably just need to understand we'll need to live with the people who do not fully understand how to work within the WI world. It's not that they are defiant, they simply do not understand. There are a lot of users that are children or teens and their cognitive ability is not the same as an adults.

How many threads have we seen questioning the upside down avatars? Too many... These members simply haven't bothered to look for the answer before posting their query. Our more 'mature' (ah hem...) members probably would know exactly how to maneuver WI for such information. A younger member, regardless of how many posts they have, may not even have a clue of how to figure out what is going on unless they are very savvy.

I do not mean to discredit any youth, but I do have 4 children of my own plus extended family and a lot of years of life experience. Life would be really great if people followed the rules. Make yourself feel better and try to learn to live with it, you'll keep a lower blood pressure in the end. And think of it this way: Those people just make YOU look better!

very good points.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #25
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by gothmama

I am in the same boat as you. I am a mother of four grown children and raising two of my grands. I have seen a pile of threads that are very much 'me too' threads. I do know that when you begin a new topic there are threads that show up when you go into your text box. I always read them over before I post. 90% of the time, someone has already posted a similar question and the answer is what I am looking for. I don't care if I ever get the rainbow stars (though they are sure pretty) i do care that other people's posts that are important get read. Sometimes they get lost because people bump (which by the way is against the rules OUTSIDE the GE) and others will post several of the same thread trying to get a bigger response from people.

As to the ability to close our own threads, I asked a moderator about that. I think before you signed on we did have that ability, but like everything else that gets removed, people were disregarding the rules, posting stuff, editing, then closing the threads and they had to remove that option.
It is sad that people who follow the rules have to pay for other's mistakes.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 06-09-2008, 12:23 PM   #26
Gift Guru

Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!

good point
Disneymum is offline Female
Old 06-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #27
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest
BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
... As to the ability to close our own threads, I asked a moderator about that. I think before you signed on we did have that ability, but like everything else that gets removed, people were disregarding the rules, posting stuff, editing, then closing the threads and they had to remove that option.
It is sad that people who follow the rules have to pay for other's mistakes.
Only people who are "Gifted" can still close their own threads.

Yes, sadly, when forum rules are ignored by a few people it can result in changes that are loses for everybody. Sigh.
BERT_X is offline Male
Old 06-09-2008, 12:31 PM   #28
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Quote:
It would be nice if we could close our own threads, too. I feel like a burden to ask admins to close my threads.

I don't know if this is something that comes with modifying your posts, but I can see this option. If you are on your own thread, and you scroll down to make a post, and click "Go Advanced" there is a little spot that says "Close this thread after you submit this message."
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 06-09-2008, 12:55 PM   #29
Gifted

I don't see that

---------- CGrocks added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by BERT_X
Only people who are "Gifted" can still close their own threads.

Yes, sadly, when forum rules are ignored by a few people it can result in changes that are loses for everybody. Sigh.
Exactly

Last edited by CGrocks; 06-09-2008 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-09-2008, 01:08 PM   #30

cheerleader4ppw is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank yo so much for the remider i think i really needed it thanks again
Closed