Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
Gift Guru

kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!

Default Forum Search

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to inquire about this, but since the server change, the Forum Search function has changed and no longer provides an "advanced search" function to be able to select specific forums to search in.

Has anyone played with this yet, or figured out how to look for something without searching the entire forums?

Let me know, thanks!
kellykam is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
Tim Gunn is a
Gift Guru

kateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud of

Default Re: Forum Search

I just tried using it, now it looks like a google search instead of the forum search...not sure if I like this change because you can't see the location of the thread you are clicking on (like if it is a ge or something...)
kateannec11 is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #3
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

I noticed that last night. I was trying to search my own GE and there was no option for it. It also appeared like I was able to close it if I wanted to, but I didn't try it. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have that feature or not.
AnthonysMommy is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
Gift Guru

kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!kellykam is the bees knees!

I know, I was trying to look for items in the GE, but I can't go through pages of threads just to find one that looks like a GE. I'm a little disappointed that the new search doesn't support that capability.

---------- kellykam added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by AnthonysMommy
I noticed that last night. I was trying to search my own GE and there was no option for it. It also appeared like I was able to close it if I wanted to, but I didn't try it. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have that feature or not.
That feature is actually one specific to Gift Guru's. You can now open and close your own thread whenever you want. Pretty snazzy huh?

Last edited by kellykam; 02-20-2009 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-20-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by kellykam
I know, I was trying to look for items in the GE, but I can't go through pages of threads just to find one that looks like a GE. I'm a little disappointed that the new search doesn't support that capability.

---------- kellykam added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later ----------

That feature is actually one specific to Gift Guru's. You can now open and close your own thread whenever you want. Pretty snazzy huh?
I can't believe I never knew that. Hopefully not being able to search the forums is just temporary while they sort out all of the changes.
AnthonysMommy is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 02:06 PM   #6
Gift Guru

That's what I'm hoping. I'm sure we'll see a lot of changes over the next few weeks.

In the meantime, I guess I'll get better at skimming people's GE's!
Old 02-20-2009, 02:23 PM   #7
Gift Guru

ShelseaRose has a reputation beyond reputeShelseaRose has a reputation beyond reputeShelseaRose has a reputation beyond reputeShelseaRose has a reputation beyond reputeShelseaRose has a reputation beyond reputeShelseaRose has a reputation beyond repute

This is a little off topic, but still related. Remember awhile back when, after typing in a new thread title, some other threads with similar titles or keywords would pop up, in an effort to cut down on the number of repetitive threads? I would love to have that option back with the new forum, too!
Old 02-20-2009, 03:17 PM   #8
Tim Gunn is a
Gift Guru

kateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by ShelseaRose
This is a little off topic, but still related. Remember awhile back when, after typing in a new thread title, some other threads with similar titles or keywords would pop up, in an effort to cut down on the number of repetitive threads? I would love to have that option back with the new forum, too!
Oh, I remember that option! That would be very nice to have back!
kateannec11 is offline Female
Closed