Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 11:46 AM   #1
Webkinz :)
 
rainbowwebkinz's Avatar
rainbowwebkinz is a name known to allrainbowwebkinz is a name known to allrainbowwebkinz is a name known to all

Default Font color

Hi I was looking at Pointy's Grammar club ( which i joined) and saw that is said this:

Hi and welcome to the Grammar Club!


I know that is nothing bad but look at the color. you can't find it in the color box. how do you get it? i really want it!! where do you find it? of i got it that color because i clicked on the " hi welcome to the grammar club" thing and it changed the color. do it with any post it works. so can u help me with my problem?


rainbowwebkinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2008, 11:56 AM   #2
shelyn72
Gifted
 
shell4's Avatar
shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Font color

Click User CP and then edit options. It's towards the bottom of the page. or you can click on the A at the top of the box you post your messages in and that shows other colors.
shell4 is offline Female
Old 05-12-2008, 12:53 PM   #3
tnapier
 
DoobiesDad's Avatar
DoobiesDad is a splendid one to beholdDoobiesDad is a splendid one to beholdDoobiesDad is a splendid one to beholdDoobiesDad is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Font color

Hi, Everyone!

Please be aware that the text colors Red, Blue and Purple are reserved for the exclusive use of administrators, moderators and coaches respectively. Regular members should use BLACK text in their messages.

Thank you --

DoobiesDad
DoobiesDad is offline Male
Old 05-12-2008, 04:32 PM   #4
shelyn72
Gifted
 
shell4's Avatar
shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Font color

View Post Originally Posted by DoobiesDad
Hi, Everyone!

Please be aware that the text colors Red, Blue and Purple are reserved for the exclusive use of administrators, moderators and coaches respectively. Regular members should use BLACK text in their messages.

Thank you --

DoobiesDad
Is this new? I've never heard that we could not use purple before and I don't see it in the faq anywhere. And if we are supposed to use only black text, then why give us the ability to use all the other ones? I even asked a mod if the maroon color was too close to red to be used and they said yes, but they didn't mention anything about not being able to use the other colors.
shell4 is offline Female
Old 05-12-2008, 04:45 PM   #5
tnapier
 
DoobiesDad's Avatar
DoobiesDad is a splendid one to beholdDoobiesDad is a splendid one to beholdDoobiesDad is a splendid one to beholdDoobiesDad is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Font color

View Post Originally Posted by shell4
Is this new? I've never heard that we could not use purple before and I don't see it in the faq anywhere. And if we are supposed to use only black text, then why give us the ability to use all the other ones? I even asked a mod if the maroon color was too close to red to be used and they said yes, but they didn't mention anything about not being able to use the other colors.
Purple became a restricted color when the coaching program started. As far as why everyone has access to all of the colors it's because it is ok to use some colors for titles and things like that in message #1 on a Gift Exchange. The color pallette is, I'm sure, also a standard of the software that WI uses.

Our request is that members use only black text in their messages.

DoobiesDad
DoobiesDad is offline Male
Old 05-12-2008, 04:48 PM   #6
shelyn72
Gifted
 
shell4's Avatar
shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Font color

View Post Originally Posted by DoobiesDad
Purple became a restricted color when the coaching program started. As far as why everyone has access to all of the colors it's because it is ok to use some colors for titles and things like that in message #1 on a Gift Exchange. The color pallette is, I'm sure, also a standard of the software that WI uses.

Our request is that members use only black text in their messages.

DoobiesDad

Well, they should post that somewhere so we know. With the new font and default color options, purple is showing up all over the place. I don't have a problem not using it, I just think that they should let us know about these things, because it's not in the FAQ.
shell4 is offline Female
Old 05-12-2008, 04:57 PM   #7
FairlyWackyMom
 
fairlyoddmom's Avatar
fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

Default Re: Font color

Actually...I wanted to clarify so that there is no confusion.

The use of purple is used by Gift Coaches in the Gift Training Section. Its a color they have chosen for themselves. The only colors that are restricted in the rest of the forum including the GE are red and blue. Other than that, staff has never restricted what colors members should use in their posts.

Now, the Gift Coaches run the GTS, presided over by Uppies and she can speak on that issue if she wants to chime in.
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Old 05-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #8
shelyn72
Gifted
 
shell4's Avatar
shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Font color

View Post Originally Posted by fairlyoddmom
Actually...I wanted to clarify so that there is no confusion.

The use of purple is used by Gift Coaches in the Gift Training Section. Its a color they have chosen for themselves. The only colors that are restricted in the rest of the forum including the GE are red and blue. Other than that, staff has never restricted what colors members should use in their posts.

Now, the Gift Coaches run the GTS, presided over by Uppies and she can speak on that issue if she wants to chime in.
Thank you so much for clarifying. I was very confused by what was posted, since I had never seen mention by a mod or anyone else that purple was restricted or that we should only post in black.
shell4 is offline Female
Old 05-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #9
Webkinz :)
 
BunnysRfun01's Avatar
BunnysRfun01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Font color

ok, thats chill, at least i can still use color
BunnysRfun01 is offline
Old 05-12-2008, 05:06 PM   #10
Webkinz :)
 
BunnysRfun01's Avatar
BunnysRfun01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Font color

oh cool! we can still use purple, but not in gt.
BunnysRfun01 is offline
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts