Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 08:51 PM   #11
is kinda back...
Webkinz :)

DTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: A few ideas for Justin and Wendy

Now there is some of the problems I wanted to hear gottaluvjoe!
That might get a little confusing!? Thanks!
~DTF95
DTF95 is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2008, 10:37 PM   #12
aweicker
Gift Guru

Bonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by DTF95
That is what I mean! It would be more fun with fun names like that!

I am not saying you can't be noticed. I am just saying it is harder.

Uhhhhhhh! Everyone is interpreting this wroing!!!!!!!!!
I mean that I think it would be better to have more levels. I am not saying that it is impossible to be noticed it is just that mods and admins seem to get more posts when they post.
~DTF95
Yes, Mods and admins get noticed when they post - but not just because they're mods or admins. It's often times because we get to know them, and know that when they do post a thread, it's usually worth reading. It's about the quality and content of their posts, not the color of their usernames or the titles below them.

And I don't really like the idea of a "Webkinz Master" at 10000 posts or anything of that sort either. Some of the folks with 10,000+ posts have more than 80% of them in Open Mike, Daily Chat Threads, or the RolePlaying forums. My personal opinion is that every member with 10,000 posts is not equally deserving of acknowledgement or a special title. They get their rainbows and spinnies, and that's enough. There are some members with only 200 or 500 posts who are extremely helpful and contribute a lot of useful, quality content to the boards. How do you differentiate? Not by their title or the color of their usernames, but rather by the posts they make. If a person consistently makes great posts, you'll remember them in the future - title or no title.

Last edited by Bonsai; 09-26-2008 at 10:39 PM..
Bonsai is offline Female
Old 09-26-2008, 11:24 PM   #13
is smitchellicious
Gift Guru

smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!

Quality counts more than quantity
smitchell is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 11:23 AM   #14
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

View Post Originally Posted by naomiglasc
I think they should bring back that status where you're not an adult so you can't become an admin or mod but you contribute alot to the forum. I forget what it's called, I think Merythen was one, but not sure.
Forum Protector? They can't bring that back. It's not allowed. I never got noticed, but I don't really care.
And I know so many "famous" webkinz status members.
Sure, red, blue, green and purple names make it easier to FIND people, but it doesn't do anything about how nice or thoughtful they are.
But you have to work to get a colored name.

Last edited by tarsky781; 09-27-2008 at 11:28 AM..
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 12:11 PM   #15
is kinda back...

DTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledge

How come I am still getting all these it is not impossible to get noticed posts when I said this is not what I mean!!!
I personally just think they should think up more names than just webkinz and Lil' Kinz for people not allowed in the Gift Exchange.
I get what you mean everynone quality to quantity. Here is an idea make the mods and admins choose by your type of posts when you get an upgrade. I know that is more work but I think it would help!
~DTF95
DTF95 is offline Male
Old 09-27-2008, 12:27 PM   #16
Lea
Gift Guru

Lea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: A few ideas for Justin and Wendy~~REVISED AND REWRITTEN~~

I know having more "titles" would be fun.
But think: is it really necessary?
And yes, most people with about 10,000 posts mostly are open mike posters....I won't deny it. I think there should be a reward for how much you help people, maybe. Not your posts.

Just my two cents.
Lea is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 12:32 PM   #17
Gift Guru

Jake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by Lea
And yes, most people with about 10,000 posts mostly are open mike posters....I won't deny it. I think there should be a reward for how much you help people, maybe. Not your posts.

Just my two cents.
That's a great idea, Lea!
I know most of my posts are from Open Mike, I admit it, but I do post in other sections.
Jake is offline Male
Old 09-27-2008, 12:41 PM   #18
Banned
jorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by Bonsai
Yes, Mods and admins get noticed when they post - but not just because they're mods or admins. It's often times because we get to know them, and know that when they do post a thread, it's usually worth reading. It's about the quality and content of their posts, not the color of their usernames or the titles below them.

And I don't really like the idea of a "Webkinz Master" at 10000 posts or anything of that sort either. Some of the folks with 10,000+ posts have more than 80% of them in Open Mike, Daily Chat Threads, or the RolePlaying forums. My personal opinion is that every member with 10,000 posts is not equally deserving of acknowledgement or a special title. They get their rainbows and spinnies, and that's enough. There are some members with only 200 or 500 posts who are extremely helpful and contribute a lot of useful, quality content to the boards. How do you differentiate? Not by their title or the color of their usernames, but rather by the posts they make. If a person consistently makes great posts, you'll remember them in the future - title or no title.
I like your thinking Bonsai. That is true. I agree 100%!
jorking is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 07:24 PM   #19
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Quote:
I think there should be a reward for how much you help people, maybe. Not your posts.
There is a reward, but it's not a special title. It's the respect you get from other members, along with the reputation system.

When I see someone who is generally helpful, they are well respected on here, and people trust the information they give.

I have a folder set up for the PMs I get from people who thank me if I helped them, or tell me something really kind. I have 11 messages, and those are more of a reward to me than a title would be.

Last edited by -Lilypad; 09-27-2008 at 07:25 PM.. Reason: rewording
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 07:33 PM   #20
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by Lea

Just my two cents.
There is a reward for that. It's the reputation bars.

-------------------

I am not 18 and I have reached the highest status that I can--Gift Guru. It's always great to have something to aspire for and I would love to be able to work towards more rankings. So, all I have to say is that I agree. I think that you should be able to keep moving up (whether or not it includes mod/admin/gift coach) as for us members who really contribute to this forum but are not 18.
LilyRose is offline Female
Closed