Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 11:11 PM   #1
~{Midnight.Train}~
Webkinz :)

Lolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clown

Wink Fantasy and Maturity Ratings

Hey guys! If you're reading this, you're either an author, or somebody who was intrigued by my title that probably didn't make a whole lot of sense to you. Most of the avid writers here on WI probably have noticed the fairly recent crackdown on the rules. Now, I'm not here to bash the rules, or the people who made them, but I think I might have a suggestion that would make them slightly easier to follow.

Fantasy/Maturity Ratings.

You probably don't know what that is, right? Here we go then: I was thinking about this. What if our rules were eased off just slightly. Perhaps back to how they were before the rules such as "No Hugging" was added. The author would submit a general idea for the story to a Mod or Admin to review, along with a fantasy and maturity rating. If the story was approved, then they would post it, ALONG with the ratings on the story thread itself.

Example:

Hello _____,

I'd like to write a story about children with special powers.

Fantasy: Special gifts that could never really happen. Flying pigs (I'm improvising here)

Maturity: Hugging, and occasional non-graphic scuffles.

Thank you for your time reading this,

_________

Then say, it gets approved. They post the fantasy and maturity in a different color at the top of their story's beginning.

Fantasy: ________________

Maturity: ________________

I think this makes it a little easier to stay within the rules, and then, for those who aren't allowed to read certain types of materials, would be pre-warned. And of course, the Mods still have the right to delete the thread without notice if the writer goes beyond the rules, or his or her ratings.

What do you writers think of this?
Lolo12 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2009, 11:49 PM   #2
Gift Guru

larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!

Donation Award 
Default Re: Fantasy and Maturity Ratings

It works in concept, but not in reality. Even if a story says appropriate for ages 13 and up, for instance, we can't guarantee that no one under 13 would read it. I'm sorry, but the creative writing rules were agreed upon by the staff, not just one person, and are not open for change. There are legal issues involved.
Closed