Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 04:47 PM   #21
a heart full of love
Webkinz :)

wordpainter02 is just really nicewordpainter02 is just really nice

Default Re: Fake Virus Threats On WI

I really hope these are all fake. We should tell a mod/admin/Justin.
wordpainter02 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2009, 04:48 PM   #22

Sarah_Kinz is a name known to allSarah_Kinz is a name known to allSarah_Kinz is a name known to all

I agree... what do you guys mean by bad?
Sarah_Kinz is offline Female
Old 07-20-2009, 04:49 PM   #23
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

Yeah, I'm guessing it was a fake, then - a few weeks ago my laptop only had a few viruses, but it took like an hour to remove it completely ..... and today it said I had 200 trojans, and it's gone in a restart? Doesn't work like that. Hopefully we'll get an answer soon, but I think my comp's safe right now .. it says it's protected, and all of those anti-virus programs are up. How's everyone else's comp?
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 07-20-2009, 04:49 PM   #24
a heart full of love

Bad viruses can really screw up your computer, and they can get ahold of personal information like credit card numbers, tax info, and a lot more.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #25
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

It is fake. If you see it, don't click anything and close it down. It has nothing to do with our servers or anything directly from WI. It is coming through one of the ads and I'm trying to track it down. Don't believe anything it says.
Justin is offline Male
Old 07-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #26
a heart full of love

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzluver321
Yeah, I'm guessing it was a fake, then - a few weeks ago my laptop only had a few viruses, but it took like an hour to remove it completely ..... and today it said I had 200 trojans, and it's gone in a restart? Doesn't work like that. Hopefully we'll get an answer soon, but I think my comp's safe right now .. it says it's protected, and all of those anti-virus programs are up. How's everyone else's comp?
My computer's fine....it wouldn't let me close the virus window, so I had to close the internet, and I haven't gotten anything else relating to the issue.

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
It is fake. If you see it, don't click anything and close it down. It has nothing to do with our servers or anything directly from WI. It is coming through one of the ads and I'm trying to track it down. Don't believe anything it says.
THANK YOU JUSTIN!!

Okay, it's good to know that it's fake. Thanks for clearing this up.

Last edited by wordpainter02; 07-20-2009 at 04:54 PM..
Old 07-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #27
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by wordpainter02
Bad viruses can really screw up your computer, and they can get ahold of personal information like credit card numbers, tax info, and a lot more.

I hope it doesnt do anything bad like harm my brand new siggie that was made for me today !! It went to this very strange website !! I hope everones computers are okay !! Justin is fixing it !! Thanks for all the great info !!!
mom w charm is offline Female
Old 07-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #28
Gifted

pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!

I am soooo glad I saw this thread!! It also got it too...said my computer was infected, and that I had to download their program to save my computer..I was suspicious, because to pop-up box DID say it was a Microsoft box I believe..anyhow, I checked my virus program, & said all was fine..I thankfully closed out of the screen..which was locked, had to ctrl+alt+del the program..since then, when I am on WI, I have been popped out of here at least 3 times.
I was even considering going to see my PC Dr. too...
SOOO glad to hear that it's not just me!!
Old 07-20-2009, 04:58 PM   #29
a heart full of love

Okay guys, we should be fine. Just do what Justin says (I reposted it in my first post.(: ).
Old 07-20-2009, 05:00 PM   #30
Adam Lambert is
Gifted

sizemore24 will become famous soon enough

That's been happening to me ALL day! It really scared me! Thx for the info!
sizemore24 is offline Female
Closed