Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 07:56 AM   #111
Webkinz :)
steant is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Fake Virus Threats On WI

it's not really a virus but a "pop-up" ad....it wants you to think you have a virus so you click at which time you get re-directed to their website where you will be begged to buy their software....just close window and ignore it....re-start your browser...it is coming from an ad on the page and opens when your mouse curser passes over it
steant is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2009, 08:01 AM   #112
Gift Guru

elefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond repute

This happened to me yesterday-- It is nice to see that Justine is on top of things- I was not on much yesterday because of it- I simply left a window open with WI while I went to check on my webkinz and the next thing I knew I had the virus message and WI was no longer up--
elefancy is offline Female
Old 07-21-2009, 08:04 AM   #113
Emma

emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!emscales is not just visiting!

Wowzerz! That hasn't happened to me yet. I'll Post if it does.
emscales is offline Female
Old 07-21-2009, 08:14 AM   #114
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

We would get those warnings (or whatever they are) every once in a while, a while back.... Stopped after I got a pop up blocker that blocks all those continuously loading ads.
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 07-21-2009, 08:16 AM   #115
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Well,
I must have acted too late because my computer now gets these messages saying something is messed up.
I'm in Italy, but once I return to the states, my mom said she'll figure it out.
I'm glad that it's fake, and that it doesn't come from WI.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 07-21-2009, 08:16 AM   #116
Snaaazzzyyy(:

ladybugz is a glorious beacon of lightladybugz is a glorious beacon of lightladybugz is a glorious beacon of light

Happened to me too,
But if you have Norton Virus Protection,
Just look in the Lower Right hand corner of your screen,
and if theres a green check mark,
It's all good (:
ladybugz is offline Female
Old 07-21-2009, 08:27 AM   #117
blessedx5
Gift Guru

blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character
blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character

I had this happen twice yesterday only I don't get just the message. I got the message then it closed all my open webpages and opened one of it own and started scanning my computer! All in the blink of an eye without clicking on anything.I immediately closed it and checked my security settings. I have a very good setup and it was all up to date. My pop up blocker usually blocks all the ads but I guess this one wasn't really a pop up or something?

This is not good for us because my husband just went through my daughters computer and found several pictures and sites that have popped up on their own just from WI. My daughter does not click on any of the ads but she gets pictures that other people post for her and apparently some were hyper linked to other questionable sites. And one of them shut off the virus protection automatically whenever you clicked on it at all (even just to save the pic)l. So we are in the process of clearing her whole computer.

My husband has already instructed her that she will be limited in her actions on WI when she gets her computer back. This means she will not be able to do many of the things she enjoys.Siggies and RP mostly. If another thing happens I am afraid we might have to give up WI totally. That saddens me because I love it here and think it is safe. But I won't keep putting our computers at risk just because I can't pay to get rid of the ads and because of a couple malicious people.
blessedx5 is offline Female
Old 07-21-2009, 08:33 AM   #118
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

Nothing happens to me much. I have this thingy on the computer that has scheduled scans every few days. The only time i get annoyed is when the computer gets laagyy, i click on somehwere by accident, wait another 5 mintues, then it all closes odnw.

View Post Originally Posted by ladybugz
Happened to me too,
But if you have Norton Virus Protection,
Just look in the Lower Right hand corner of your screen,
and if theres a green check mark,
It's all good (:
We've tried norton before, but we used to play World of Warcraft, and other things, and if they randomly started a scan for no reason, the computer got really laggy, for either maybe 10 minutes or until we restarted the computer. That's we=hy we got AVG and have scheduled scans, whether the computers on or not.

Last edited by Amygirl8; 07-21-2009 at 08:33 AM..
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 07-21-2009, 08:45 AM   #119
\m/

musicislife666 has disabled reputation

I know like, absolutely nothing about computers, but I have McAfee Virus Protection thingy, is that good?
I don't know.
I'm clueless when it comes to computers.
xD
Oh and I still haven't gotten it yet.
musicislife666 is offline Female
Old 07-21-2009, 08:51 AM   #120
call me maisy! :)
Gift Guru

maisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by Sarah_Kinz
I agree... what do you guys mean by bad?
I haven't got it yet but I'm guessing they mean inapropriate (sp?). I'm not going to say the word exactly because it would not be a good thing to say. lol
maisydog13 is offline Male
Closed