Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

Lightbulb Fake Moderator/Admin on site?

So, as some of you might know, last night WI was attacked by a group of 6 or 7 trollers. If you don't know what that means, it means they were going around the site posting spam, curse words and many, MANY innapropriate pictures []

Anyways, after they were cleared up it got me thinking. These guys know that the only time they can begin to troll is when there is no admin/mod on the site, otherwise they'll get cleared off right away. Usually this is only at night when not a single admin/mod is on.
It got me thinking, that maybe if WI had a fake mod or admin, a random username in bright red or blue ALWAYS online, that appeared when trollers quickly checked the 'Who's Online' list, they would see that a mod/admin was on and they wouldn't attack the forum.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea, the programming would allow it or if the trollers would buy it.
Would it be worth a shot?
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

Default Re: Fake Moderator/Admin on site?

There is always a mod or admin on. Justin said that before. They are probably invisable, so people won't bug them, haha. But there is at least 1 on at all times.. either that or he just said it so people wouldn't do that. But I really do think there is. What if something really bad happens? There has to be. And they are in different time zones I'm sure, or have different lifestyles, so it's possible they all take turns with shifts. (;

I didn't know about those people. O:
Where they old members or just a bunch of random people who just joined? ._.
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 10-25-2011, 09:10 PM   #3
ould you?
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Craftyreader
There is always a mod or admin on. Justin said that before. They are probably invisable, so people won't bug them, haha. But there is at least 1 on at all times.. either that or he just said it so people wouldn't do that. But I really do think there is. What if something really bad happens? There has to be. And they are in different time zones I'm sure, or have different lifestyles, so it's possible they all take turns with shifts. (;

I didn't know about those people. O:
Where they old members or just a bunch of random people who just joined? ._.
I guess it's true that they can be invisible. The problem with that is that if the trollers do see no one is on, they go all in. I have been witness to periods where there have been points of half hour or more without moderation, and a troller going around the forum. I know they do have busy lives, which is why I'm suggesting a phony one. Just to be on, and scare away the trollers.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

lol well now if they read this they'll know.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #5
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

Remember not to discuss why members were banned and what went on last night.
Just a friendly reminder. We don't want to bring up the "bad memories" I think the mods and admins that saw it along with the members would rather not discuss such things again. Also, its against the rules to discuss why members were banned.
Anywho...

I do think that's a good idea.

But I agree with Ali too.
I'm sort of torn between the two options. LOL.
I mean I think its a great idea to have it look like one is online, but like Ali said one might be online. I do think that there are times when no staff members are online. Because everyone has different schedules and people need to sleep sometimes! xD
Also, if it did work wouldn't trolls figure out (if they were watching it) that its a fake?
They might read a thread like this or something and realize its a fake.

Last edited by Blythe; 10-25-2011 at 09:17 PM..
Blythe is offline Female
Old 10-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #6
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I think that's a good idea.
I also would add that if trollers ever start their garbage, just IGNORE THEM. They are looking for a reaction. Just totally ignore them.. no comments at all. Just report it.
Desty is offline Female
Old 10-25-2011, 09:20 PM   #7
ould you?
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Blythe
Remember not to discuss why members were banned and what went on last night.
Just a friendly reminder. We don't want to bring up the "bad memories" I think the mods and admins that saw it along with the members would rather not discuss such things again. Also, its against the rules to discuss why members were banned.
Anywho...

I do think that's a good idea.

But I agree with Ali too.
I'm sort of torn between the two options. LOL.
I mean I think its a great idea to have it look like one is online, but like Ali said one might be online. I do think that there are times when no staff members are online. Because everyone has different schedules and people need to sleep sometimes! xD
Also, if it did work wouldn't trolls figure out (if they were watching it) that its a fake?
They might read a thread like this or something and realize its a fake.
I know, I was thinking about that last one, too. A) This thread will probably be lost in a tangle, and who honestly wants to search for that? XD
For the last part... I really don't know. If they truly are just a bored group of friends, and they found a site, I doubt they'd watch the forum for like a week 24/7 XD
My guess is that they would move on to a mod-less forum. Of course, I can't be sure, i'm not a troller, but that would seem more convinient, I guess?
Old 10-25-2011, 09:20 PM   #8
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

Ah, yes. But we must applaud the Mods and Admins for the great jobs they've been doing! I mean, they do have RL to deal with, and being a staff here is completely voluntary. I think what they are doing are up and beyond what any of us can do. So I have a lot of respect for them.
mickey26 is offline Female
Old 10-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #9
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

I just think having a fake mod or admin, other than admin (lol) would be weird. I mean, we wouldn't know she\he was fake, and we'd leave them comments and everything. It'd be kind of weird, you know? (:

I guess so, but I'm sure a mod\admin checks out the site every chance they get. Plus, if they aren't on, there's a good chance Justin is, or Wendy, or past mods. c:

As long as someone reports them, the damage is already done, and mods or admins will come and clean up as soon as they can. I guess it's a god idea, I'm pretty sure it'd be weird though. Haha. xD
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 10-25-2011, 09:24 PM   #10
ould you?
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by mickey26
Ah, yes. But we must applaud the Mods and Admins for the great jobs they've been doing! I mean, they do have RL to deal with, and being a staff here is completely voluntary. I think what they are doing are up and beyond what any of us can do. So I have a lot of respect for them.
They do a brilliant job =) I completely and utterly agree with that XD
Closed

Tags
i have a dream ♥