Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
Forever a
Banned
superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!

Default Fake Bumping

I've seen a few members do what i like to call "fake bumping". We all know you can't bump any thread except your GE. I've seen a few threads that have a certain topic, like a suggestion for ganz, and one person replies saying "I like that idea". About 2 days later the owner of the thread realizes that they aren't getting any new posts on their thread so they quote the reply they got and say "Thanks!". This is fine if you do it right away or when you first see the message, but after you've seen the message and just then reply to it, that is just a way to bump your thread up without saying bump.

Please no rude comments if you disagree.
superkitty777 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
It's fun to be a
Gifted

bubbanight is a glorious beacon of lightbubbanight is a glorious beacon of lightbubbanight is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Fake Bumping

I hear ya on that one... however, I don't think there is anything that can be done about it.

If I don't get any new responses after a day, I just ask the mod to close it out - people obviously don't care to respond anymore!
bubbanight is offline Female
Old 08-11-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
Banned
FireFlyz is a name known to allFireFlyz is a name known to allFireFlyz is a name known to all

Interessting topic! xD
I guess you could call it fake bumping. But, I'm not sure.
I mean, I'd consider it bumping if they just posted a simple "Thanks" But if they add to that post more like in an actual conversation, I'd be alright with that!
Also, people may not be meaning to do that. They may have actually saw the post late and reply to it although it may seem like they were trying to bring their thread up.
Do you know what I'm saying? This is kind of confusing..
But what I'm trying to say overall is that people may not actually be trying to bump up. They may have just seen the post late and replying back to it.
FireFlyz is offline Female
Old 08-11-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
no
Webkinz :)

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Someone might not have seen the message. They wanted to reply. Thank you is common courtesy. BUT, if they knew it was there, and they saw more people weren't replying, then they shouldn't do that.

There are many other ways to bringing your thread up, such as putting a link in your signature.

Nice topic, rep.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 08-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #5
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

No, I disagree...

I think it is okay to reply to posts you haven't replied to yet or that you missed to bump up your thread. The whole reason why you can't bump is because it is spam. But if you find a way to make a meaningful post, then you should be fine.
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Old 08-11-2009, 02:31 PM   #6
Dave Matthews Band

CrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talent

I see what you're talking about. Although I don't think there is anything wrong with someone not wanting their thread to be closed.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:36 PM   #7
lizzie
Gifted

tacobell222 has disabled reputation

You don't have much proof that they had not seen the post before,
and sometimes when you look at the title in the section, it'll say you've already seen that post, when you have not.
So maybe, they saw this and thought "Well I haven't got any new posts!" then go away from their thread. A week later they might have realized that they haven't checked on their thread in a while, and checked who's posted last, and they saw a post from someone else!
That user usually says thanks because that's the nice thing to do.

I consider bumping as "Anyone there?" or "Anyone wanna read this?" etc.

So I sort of disagree.
tacobell222 is offline Female
Old 08-11-2009, 07:07 PM   #8
Forever a
Banned
superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!

Some of you guys are missing my point. I know if you say thanks when you first get the post (Such as right now) That is OK. But when you say something really simple (when you know the post was there) like thanks, that would be like bumping your thread up. I don't think bumping was banned because of spam i think it was banned because too many people were bumping creating a big mess.

Is this confusing?
superkitty777 is offline Female
Old 08-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #9
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by superkitty777
Some of you guys are missing my point. I know if you say thanks when you first get the post (Such as right now) That is OK. But when you say something really simple (when you know the post was there) like thanks, that would be like bumping your thread up. I don't think bumping was banned because of spam i think it was banned because too many people were bumping creating a big mess.

Is this confusing?
I don't think bumping was ever aloud in the open forums. It's spam.

Still, if you make a non spam post it is not a "bump" message.
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Old 08-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #10
Andykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clown

I disagree though. I mean, you can say Thanks....
Andykinz is offline Male
Closed