Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 08:21 PM   #1
Egyptian Collector
Gift Guru

Animalzrock is a jewel in the roughAnimalzrock is a jewel in the rough

Default Extra stars we finally made it!!!

Guys, we made it! I'm PMd it to Wendy and COWS4YOU and Wendy said that they weren't planning on implementing any system for PM counting. Sorry! Thanks for signing everyone!

Wouldn't it be cool if there were two catagories for stars? One for posts and one for stars? Maybe one would be the star (posts) and the PMs could be in the shape of envelopes or something? I, as well as many of you, have probably sent more PMs than I have then have posted.

Petition: We, the people of Webkinzinsider appreciate this site very much and each and every one of us looks forward to coming on, posting, browsing, inspring, being inspired, and private messaging between new friends.

We get credit for our posts, through the star system, to which we are thankful for. But we proposem and would also appreciate if we got credit for our private messages the same way or a new and different way. So many people have more private messages than posts, and the private messagers would like to get credit for all our messages as well as the posters get credit for that, since WI isn't just about posts, also private messages.

An idea to help eliminate spam for this, as proposed by Gem Hunter is if the person recieving the pm gives the point for the PM if they choose too. This way its not randomly calculated everytime you send a PM. By doing it this way you could help eliminate spam and those that would just send random nonsense PMs just for the status. And, if someone sent spam, you could mark that PM as spam, unless if you marked that PM not to be given for points.

We understand this will take time and isn't foolproof, and we are willing to be patient and wait. As you can see many active members want this and it would be a great addition to an already wonderful community. So all the people who signed this petition to get credit through the starring method would like our idea to be honestly considered for at least a few minutes.

Thanks for signing everyone! We had an amazingly successful day today with a total of...*drumroll please* 33 signatures!

Here are the people who have signed up so far-100 (0 more)
Animalzrock
Lizgirl30
Pandalicious
TootieFrootie
Couturegrl
carguy98
cynthi1234
Evan101singstar
Hotmonkey
abercrombie101
caseybff4ever
rayquaza133
tl225303
lil_hippo
hs014poodle
carrierocks
aerielstar11
Chica_96
Ginger1220
Summer3379
12webbie12
looking4googles
goatluver1837
I Luv My Googles
zebra123456
Tinkerbella
bubblemonkey55
glamglam
LCC95
giraffielover73
Lady_Vacuum
cookiemonster26
LMS627
webkinz11495
catlover
2222r
xxicygirl60xx
wifan
tzink
Hjstar
angelcat22
lululover1997
Hannah Montana Fanatic
ilovecats20
sky123
Pokadottie
Jessica
Chococharcoal
piratesgirl224
dancergal435
webkinzrules4ever
princess1234567890
kateannec11
kpuggies
socks21
Jaimala25
-Miss-Webkinz-
kaykay098
mallacine
EnchantixBloom
EmNm12
cookiemonster96
jitterbug100
lulu
fillymare
Hallwaymill
xsmartypants97o
rockinreader712
popcornkernal
catluvor
Black Labs
jackjohnross
Gem Hunter
jojo10511jojo
emv123
pup678
horsiechick
abbythegrey
jojo1597
katterdid
xgoodtimes1994x
doggledoggel
clueless542
xoxodancer
cheekydog601
skateraholikk22
Baby252
pup678
webkinzsuperstar234
cynthi1234
ash9bar
iluv3cats
cheeseface5624
weeded100
wierdox373
catsrule18
bassetlvr101

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Animalzrock; 02-24-2008 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: Added names!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2007, 08:32 PM   #2
Lizgirl30
Gifted

Lizgirl30 is a splendid one to beholdLizgirl30 is a splendid one to beholdLizgirl30 is a splendid one to beholdLizgirl30 is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Extra stars

Yeah, that would be a good idea! I know I wouldn't have very many though!
Lizgirl30 is offline Female
Old 12-30-2007, 08:50 PM   #3
Hazel2Hazel
Gifted

Pandalicious is on a distinguished road

Oh cool! so there would be stars under your name for the number of PM's you sent? neat idea! you should suggest it to a mod!
Old 12-30-2007, 08:52 PM   #4
TootieFrootie

Hmm, that is a good idea.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:27 PM   #5
Egyptian Collector
Gift Guru

Animalzrock is a jewel in the roughAnimalzrock is a jewel in the rough

Thanks! I will PM a mod about it!
Old 12-30-2007, 11:01 PM   #6
holisterxoxo
Gift Guru

Couturegrl will become famous soon enough

i think we should do that too cause i talk so much through pm's
Couturegrl is offline Female
Old 12-30-2007, 11:02 PM   #7
CoolBenz, vetteguy98
Gift Guru
carguy98 has a reputation beyond reputecarguy98 has a reputation beyond reputecarguy98 has a reputation beyond reputecarguy98 has a reputation beyond reputecarguy98 has a reputation beyond reputecarguy98 has a reputation beyond repute

I, carguy98 agree that everybody should have stars for Private Messages in addition to posts.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:05 PM   #8
Webkinz :)

cynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clown

hatz a great idea!! thankz for suggesting it!!

---------- cynthi1234 added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later ----------

I, cynthi1234 AGREE that everyone should have stars for private messages in addition to posts.

Last edited by cynthi1234; 12-30-2007 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
cynthi1234 is offline Female
Old 12-30-2007, 11:38 PM   #9
Lizgirl30
Gifted

Lizgirl30 is a splendid one to beholdLizgirl30 is a splendid one to beholdLizgirl30 is a splendid one to beholdLizgirl30 is a splendid one to behold

I, Lizgirl30, agree that everyone should have stars for private messages in addition to posts.
Lizgirl30 is offline Female
Old 12-31-2007, 02:31 AM   #10
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest
BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest

Whoa!!! I have to voice a big disapproval of this idea.

I have received several time-wasting spams PMs and this would encourage those people to just flood the private message area with even more!!

Yuck! Please keep mine free from that.

We already have some who post endlessly with short comments just to boost their count and see their stars increase. But, having posted a lot does not mean they have helped a lot. Same with a PM count -- would not tell others a thing about how useful those PMs had been.

I still think it is a shame they decided to take away the reputation points -- it had some value. But, it was abused by some and this idea of a PM count indicator would be also.
BERT_X is offline Male
Closed