Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

Wink Expressing your opinions politely & accepting other opinions.

First of all, before I start saying this, this really isn't a severe problem. But I've seen it happen quite a few times, and it was a few times too much. So I'm not complaining and saying that this is everywhere all the time, it's just a little reminder for the people who seem to forget this, and for everyone in the future.

--
So, everyone knows that when there's a thread asking for your opinion, such as "Do you like this band?" Or "Do you like the shirt I got?" There's most likely going to be different opinions. If you're the thread-starter and you're not going to be too keen on having someone say "No, I don't like them" Or "No, I don't like it" then maybe you shouldn't make the thread. I've made a thread about expecting & accepting difference opinions before.
If you're going to say you don't like something or something among those lines, make sure your post isn't offending in any way. If you're just going to say, "UGH, that band is SO terrible! I HATE their music!! And their UGLY!!!" Then don't bother posting. People may have the right to state their opinions, but think about it. If you were the person asking the question, would you rather see THAT up there, or: "Sorry, but I'm not a big fan of them. I personally don't think their music is that great, but it's cool that you like them!"? Most people would probably rather the second one.

If you're incapable of stating your opinion politely, don't post. If you're incapable of accepting different opinions, don't post. These things will just most likely result in a fight or the thread being closed.

[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2009, 04:14 PM   #2
elcome Back To
Webkinz :)

GemPhantom has a reputation beyond reputeGemPhantom has a reputation beyond reputeGemPhantom has a reputation beyond reputeGemPhantom has a reputation beyond reputeGemPhantom has a reputation beyond reputeGemPhantom has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Expressing your opinions politely & accepting other opinions.

I love you now!
I've made a thread like this on another site.
Also what else bugs me is those "98% percent of people like Miley Cyrus I want a lion to eat her" sigs. They really upset me, even if I don't like the object of the sig.
GemPhantom is offline Female
Old 09-28-2009, 04:18 PM   #3
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

Good point!
Or I've seen, "98% of teens would be crying if Miley Cyrus was standing on the edge of a building. Repost this if you'd be one of the 2% yelling 'JUMP!'"
Not only is this rude to her, but it would also be offending to people who are fans of her.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:24 PM   #4
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

... *biggest virtual hug in the history of virtual hugs* THANK YOUUUU. This is SUCH a huge problem, and I see it a LOT around the forums, mainly in the Pollz section. It gets on my nerves that people can't just say "No, they're not really my thing. ". Why do they have to use all those mean words, when it's JUST AN OPINION.
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Old 09-28-2009, 04:27 PM   #5
weevie97

mantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by [xo] Pop-Tart
Good point!
Or I've seen, "98% of teens would be crying if Miley Cyrus was standing on the edge of a building. Repost this if you'd be one of the 2% yelling 'JUMP!'"
Not only is this rude to her, but it would also be offending to people who are fans of her.

But their is also A jonas brothers siggie they can have those because

1. It is their siggie
2.Freedom of speech
3. Not everyone is going to take that statement off so it will be unfair to the other people who have the same quote

I think it is a little bit funny though ...
mantateelover is offline Female
Old 09-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #6
GiantPandaLover11

Pandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond repute

This is a great thread,Poptart. ^_^ I think this really needed to be said. I've seen a lot of different opinions on things. I also noticed that,if someone says they don't like something,and they say it politely,they get told off by another member. That happened to me a few days ago :/ I really hope people see the light from this thread,and have better manners.
Pandah is offline Female
Old 09-28-2009, 04:39 PM   #7
elcome Back To

GemPhantom has a reputation beyond reputeGemPhantom has a reputation beyond reputeGemPhantom has a reputation beyond reputeGemPhantom has a reputation beyond reputeGemPhantom has a reputation beyond reputeGemPhantom has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by mantateelover
But their is also A jonas brothers siggie they can have those because

1. It is their siggie
2.Freedom of speech
3. Not everyone is going to take that statement off so it will be unfair to the other people who have the same quote

I think it is a little bit funny though ...
1.) The siggy expresses who you are. If you put someting rude, your seen as rude.
2.) Freedom of Speech? So what, it's still rude.
3.) But... It's still kinda rude.

But seriously, they want these people to DIE and they never even met them, like those boys could be really nice. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the Jonas Brothers.
GemPhantom is offline Female
Old 09-28-2009, 04:49 PM   #8
weevie97

mantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=GemPhantom;16593183]1.) The siggy expresses who you are. If you put someting rude, your seen as rude.
2.) Freedom of Speech? So what, it's still rude.
3.) But... It's still kinda rude.

But seriously, they want these people to DIE and they never even met them, like those boys could be really nice. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the Jonas Brothers.[/QUOTe

Freedom of speech other people wouldn't see it as rude not everyone would think it was rude thats their opinion i bet someone on here would probabley agree with me and another would agree with you And their is still so many people posting about every celebrity and i didn't say i wanted him to die . But freedom of speech is a WAY big deal it It is not something people trample over because they think it's rude It;s like their opinion
mantateelover is offline Female
Old 09-28-2009, 04:54 PM   #9
Gift Guru

Thanks for the comments, guys.
I see what you're saying manateelover. Everyone has their opinions, but it shows maturity and politeness when you take something out because other people are offended.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #10
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

I agree, Candice! If you post a controversial subject, you need to be prepared for different opinions than yours, and you just have to accept them If they stated their opinion rudely, then flag it!
smvmonkey is offline Female
Closed