Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 09:32 AM   #11
ntaspnkasu
Webkinz :)

ntaspnkasu is on a distinguished road

Default Re: expensive items in w shop!

How are you getting your money? I'm doing the farming for profit and food, I never buy food any more (unless I'm cooking). I choose my games based on the amount of money I can get. My husband plays home before dark and makes money, I'm not good at it so I go for hungry hog2 and cash cow 2. If you do well in a game, do it in tournament, you get your cash and you might get a cash prize. Always do the kinzcare, you get food and money. Also sell your gem if you don't need it. It's sometimes quite a bit of money.
ntaspnkasu is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2008, 09:43 AM   #12
momtocode
Gifted
momtocode has a spectacular aura about

If I like a theme in the Wshop, I make my money and buy one peice at a time. It makes me appreciate it more.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:51 AM   #13
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by jaa994
i think that most of the items in the curio and w shop are overpriced.
because i never have a lot of kinzcash and i really want to buy something but its too expensive!
I also think the W-Shop are a little over-priced; I think it's very difficult for children and teens to earn wads of kinzcash in light of the fact their computer time is so limited because of school work and sports and social activities.

I only buy items when they are on sale, even if it means I have to wait months for something to go on sale, I do. I don't need immediate gratification , and I don't mind letting a room sit unfinished.

Sometimes, I use coupons, but only for super expensive items, or for gifts I want to send to family or friends.

You might try playing Quizzy's World Challenge to earn kinzcash, it adds up fast. And the more you play, the better you will get at the game---that's a promise! It's a little frustrating at first, if you've never played it, but you can get really good very quickly with some practice!

But in general, I do know what you mean: Webkinz World is more expensive than the real world, and that's saying something!
luvwebbies is offline Female
Old 05-02-2008, 10:14 AM   #14
that smells like a
Banned
webkinslove10 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by hellotink12
Some things are expensive! If you don't have alot of money to spend, remember to keep an eye on the Hourly Activities for Free Coupons and sometimes things are on sale!
Also, sometimes Arte offers W Shop items at a great price If you see something you need, check the W Shop value. I've gotten things up to 40% off before!
Old 05-02-2008, 10:15 AM   #15
MandaRawr

MandaRawr is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah some are overly priced, I agree on that.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:21 AM   #16
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

My favorite theme is pirate, which is not that expensive. But I agree with the concept of buying a little at a time, and only as needed or when it goes on sale.

The main reason I'm up to level 6 in Arte's curio shop is that I use Arte's sale w-shop items to build my rooms. Nearly everything I have as furniture was bought through sales, W-shop coupons, or via trades from trophies, click to win and wheel of yum items.

My advice? Plant a couple strawberry gardens, build one cheap bedroom that you like and can stand to look at, and let the money slowly build. Don't forget to do the employment office, Quizzy's daily question, kinzcare, and the Wheel of Wow and Wishing Well.

Buy items only on when they come on sale, a little at a time. If you keep doing that, you will soon find yourself with enough KC to decorate.

Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Old 05-02-2008, 10:48 AM   #17

Lettykinz is a creator of wonder
Lettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonder

When I first got into Webkinz last December, I built my cash up quickly by playing Quizzy's Word Challenge, Zingoz Pop, and answering questions in Quizzzy's Corner. I took every opportunity to do Employment as well. In Fact the more categories you answer in Q Corner, the more jobs are available to you.

I think if everything comes to easily, the appreciation is not as great. I also built up my cash via Trading Cards.

Don't give up, just have fun! Looking at other peoples' rooms can give you ideas, but for some it also makes it more difficult - don't compare your rooms with others, just enjoy what you have.

Have Fun!!
Old 05-02-2008, 10:58 AM   #18
Gifted

pblavelle has a spectacular aura aboutpblavelle has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by Geminicat21
The condo theme and wizard theme is expensive but look at some of the other themes like the pretty in pink - it's not that expensive. I think it's a good mx.

Arte's is fine! They are RARE items!
I have to agree with Gemini....they are RARE! However, I do understand completely about the KC. My biggest thing is that my grandkids are very young and the games are geared more towards older kids which makes it very frustrating for the little ones to win much KC at all.....they would have to play all day and all nite ---- LOL

I guess there is no way to fix that but I do know other sites have games geared more towards the younger ones and I don't think that Ganz is being fair to the little ones. I think the site is great for kids to learn, but they do get frustrated with the amount of KC for the games.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #19
ntaspnkasu

ntaspnkasu is on a distinguished road

My son is a young child (he can't read well) but as of right now, he has more money that I do. He does all the daily activities and plays random games. He buys all kinds of things. I think it just depends on what you do to get the money. My son only gets a little time on the computer (well, so do I usually)
ntaspnkasu is offline Female
Old 05-02-2008, 04:52 PM   #20
i am a
kmdevine is an unknown quantity at this point

Talking Wizard Theme

The wizard theme is a wonderful theme. It has floating candles! I think it would have to be one of my top favorites in the house, seriously. It is great!!! I recommend it to anyone. Who has the Funky Girl Theme? I am thinking of giving my latest pet (girl, black dog named Opal) that theme, but I don't know if people like it. I bought a couple things from it already! I know that it's old, but what's wrong with it? Please PM me (and post for other people!)
Closed