Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 07:11 PM   #1
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Arrow Elections, Politics, and In your face issues : Reminder

Reminder!

Elections: NO NO!
This is a NO NO for the following reasons:
Talking presidency can hurt others feelings expecially when you express yours on the situation. Also, WI is a friendly community and talking elections means people WILL fight, guarenteed.
**That means no posts WHAT SO EVER saying: MCAIN WON or OBAMA WON. These posts will get you in trouble. A moderator will delete the post and get you in trouble. You've been warned.

Politics: NO NO!
No saying, well Obama will make the economy better! Or Mcain will fix everything wrong! NO NO NO!
I know politics and elections are pretty much the same thing. Please don't do this! It will get you in trouble!!!

In your Face Issues: NO NO!
I know if someone wins the president election, someone will rub it straight into your face that so and so won. Here's a tip, if you don't talk about the election, you won't get your feelings hurt. NO ONE IS TO TALK ABOUT THE ELECTION.

Another Thing, no saying:
"So and so is president thank goodness GWB is out!" That is rude.

Also, I don't think it necessary to talk about the economy or anything of that nature.

Please remember these rules as election day rolls in tomorow!!

((if you liked this thread please rate it! i just wanna know if it was good!))

Thanks,
Flip

[[and if a mod or admin will please post something on this regarding any areas on this subject i may have missed!]]

Said by Stylediva7
Just another quick thought:
-One HUGE thank you to all the moderators and administrators for keeping politics out of WI. This is like my little home away from home, and it's the one place I can come to get away from talk of the economy, financial crisis, elections, democrats, republicans, etc. I can't turn on the TV without seeing a presidental ad and it's getting very old. School is all about it, too. Thank you for keeping this the only place I can come to escape it all

Said by JacksMom

Actually, I think the discussions are OK if posted in the Open Mike forum where topics are broader than just Webkinz. However, it is important to always respect feelings, and politics can be an area where people offend easily.

I don't think a mod will delete a post that is completely respectful and polite, and placed in the proper forum section.

For example -- I can say "Wow, I just came from voting and BOY the lines were long!", but I wouldn't say, "I'm so glad XYZ won, that was the best choice!".

Thank you for elaborating on my post! I agree with the both of you. (=

Last edited by BackFlip15; 11-03-2008 at 07:59 PM..
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2008, 07:14 PM   #2
YAY! I am a
Gift Trainee
stylediva7 is just really nicestylediva7 is just really nice

Default Re: Elections, Politics, and In your face issues : Reminder

Thanks for this reminder.
I have looking forward to tomorrow for a long time.
This election is getting old :/
Great reminder thread
Old 11-03-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
Gifted
crazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all around

Probably a good idea
crazysince95 is offline Male
Old 11-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
ow! I have
Webkinz :)

Nissa is a jewel in the roughNissa is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the reminder!
Nissa is offline Female
Old 11-03-2008, 07:24 PM   #5
jellybean101

Thank You Flip!Helps a lot
Old 11-03-2008, 07:26 PM   #6
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible
JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible

Actually, I think the discussions are OK if posted in the Open Mike forum where topics are broader than just Webkinz. However, it is important to always respect feelings, and politics can be an area where people offend easily.

I don't think a mod will delete a post that is completely respectful and polite, and placed in the proper forum section.

For example -- I can say "Wow, I just came from voting and BOY the lines were long!", but I wouldn't say, "I'm so glad XYZ won, that was the best choice!".
JacksMom is offline Female
Old 11-03-2008, 07:28 PM   #7
HEY! I'M BACKERSSSS!

Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!

Donation Award 

I think I agree with Jacksmom!
Well said.
Franks is offline Female
Old 11-03-2008, 07:36 PM   #8
Vegan +
Gift Guru

Livi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Jacksmom. It's not a huge deal if you mention that you voted today, or how you watched a debate and asked if anyone else did.

It's arguing over presidential politics and debating with other users. 70% of people on here are children and don't need to be talking about those kind of things.
Livi is offline Female
Old 11-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #9
YAY! I am a
Gift Trainee
stylediva7 is just really nicestylediva7 is just really nice

Just another quick thought:
-One HUGE thank you to all the moderators and administrators for keeping politics out of WI. This is like my little home away from home, and it's the one place I can come to get away from talk of the economy, financial crisis, elections, democrats, republicans, etc. I can't turn on the TV without seeing a presidental ad and it's getting very old. School is all about it, too. Thank you for keeping this the only place I can come to escape it all
Old 11-03-2008, 08:41 PM   #10
hersheychocolate11

ilovecocoa is on a distinguished road

Thank for the heads up!
I will make sure I will not do that.

---------- ilovecocoa added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later ----------

Hey flip,
I have a question
what about if you have a picture of the person that you want for president?

Last edited by ilovecocoa; 11-03-2008 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
ilovecocoa is offline Female
Closed