Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 02:22 PM   #21
Gift Guru

kittycats10 is a forum hero
kittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum hero

Default Re: An EASY way to give out personal information :(

I see what you're saying, but there's no way to know if that number really means the age of the person or the year they were born. My friend has a number after her username, danirox08, but that doesn't mean she's 8 years old or was born in 2008! the "08" after her username really is there because that's when she adopted her first webkinz; in 2008. Mine, kittycats10, doesn't mean I'm 10, (which I'm not!) Those numbers could also be like favorite numbers; Example: my favorite number is 14; but that's not my age! You see? So those numbers don't necessarily mean that that person is giving out personal information.
Thanks for reading,
kittycats10
kittycats10 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2009, 02:26 PM   #22
Webkinz :)

bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered
bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered

True! I constantly have to watch myself. I know alot of people's username numbers are not there date of birth, but a day somethings special happend, and anniversary or soemthing like that. They could have had webkinz since "05" or soemthing like that. But yes, i don't suggest putting dates or anything!

(i voted this thread 5 stars because it is extremely important to remember not to share personal info)
Old 05-22-2009, 02:40 PM   #23

chewbaka11 is on a distinguished road

I know....It is a very easy wy to give out personal info....I bet a lot of people don't notice this even when the have joined.
chewbaka11 is offline Male
Old 05-22-2009, 08:33 PM   #24
Gifted

luvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen that, and thought about it. I think that when someone registers, there should be a notice saying "Please don't give out personal information! EX. last name, town/city, DOB". Good point
Old 05-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #25
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

I have often wondered why they allow usernames like that. Like a username that says GroovinSince95 just tells us your birth year...so also your AGE. And they don't allow the giving away of age so why this?
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 05-23-2009, 04:12 PM   #26
I'm leaving Webkinz

WebkinzandMe will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the reminder
WebkinzandMe is offline Female
Old 05-23-2009, 04:15 PM   #27
jackomattocks is on a distinguished road

I'm with chewbaka11
Old 05-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #28
e are jormariffic
Pupsaresocute is a forum hero
Pupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum hero

Well, in my WW ID I don't have PI but I DO have my birthday (kinda..) I have: 7-11 (July 11th..lol it rhymes )

But I totally agree like my whimsy was to join WI and he broke the rulez, his username would be: BubbleGum08. Or maybe even BubbleGum81808 (August 18th 08 also the day I joined WI! )
Pupsaresocute is offline Female
Old 05-23-2009, 04:36 PM   #29
devindi

lillyismydog is on a distinguished road

I really don't see how it matters that you put your birthyear in your username. It's not dangerous at all. Pretend that I was born in 2009 and my name was Kiki, so I put my user name in as Kiki2009. There is tons of people that will be born and name Kiki this year. Even if I put my month and day I was born it would be pretty hard to stalk m down just using my birthday. For all you know I could be sitting in New York or I could be on the other side of the country in California mabye even somewhere in between. There will be tons of Kiki's born today in the US not to mention other countries. What does it matter if someone finds out your age? If someone who is young enough to be taken advantage of is on this site then a parent would probably be watching what they are doing on the computer. Even the last name doesn't matter so even if my full name was Kiki K. Kiwi it would practically imposible to find Kiki K. Kiwi born on 9/9/09. Ease up a little gosh. Not everbody it out to get you. Yeah there are some creeps out there but I highly doubt that they are reading our posts, threads, and user names just to find out a sliver of information about us.

Last edited by lillyismydog; 05-23-2009 at 04:38 PM..
lillyismydog is offline Female
Old 05-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #30
Oh my Squash!
Gift Guru

stormtuckergirl is a splendid one to beholdstormtuckergirl is a splendid one to beholdstormtuckergirl is a splendid one to beholdstormtuckergirl is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by lillyismydog
I really don't see how it matters that you put your birthyear in your username. It's not dangerous at all. Pretend that I was born in 2009 and my name was Kiki, so I put my user name in as Kiki2009. There is tons of people that will be born and name Kiki this year. Even if I put my month and day I was born it would be pretty hard to stalk m down just using my birthday. For all you know I could be sitting in New York or I could be on the other side of the country in California mabye even somewhere in between. There will be tons of Kiki's born today in the US not to mention other countries. What does it matter if someone finds out your age? If someone who is young enough to be taken advantage of is on this site then a parent would probably be watching what they are doing on the computer. Even the last name doesn't matter so even if my full name was Kiki K. Kiwi it would practically imposible to find Kiki K. Kiwi born on 9/9/09. Ease up a little gosh. Not everbody it out to get you. Yeah there are some creeps out there but I highly doubt that they are reading our posts, threads, and user names just to find out a sliver of information about us.
That is a good point, but on WI members are not allowed to say their age. though on other sites it may be allowed, it isn't on WI. It is true that it is probably impossible to find that certain person, but it's always good to be safe
stormtuckergirl is offline Female
Closed