Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
Just.Live.Life(as a)
Banned
puppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Don't You Think They Should Get An Explanation?

Well, when someone doesn't obey the rules and gets punished, don't you think they should get some sort of an explanation as to why this happened to them? I personally see it as unfair if the person gets punished without ever knowing what hit them.

Let's say, for example:

Person 1: I wonder what happened to Person 3, I know him on another site and he doesn't even know why he can't come on any more..

Person 2: Aww! Really? He was a super nice guy!

Person 1: I know! Remember that one time when he had me petsit his Webkinz for him........

Person 4: Hey, what are we doing? Talking about Person 3? He got banned?!?! Seriously?!?!? I need to go tell Person 5 about this....

This could lead to Person 1 and Person 2 to start talking about Person 3 and why he can't come on any more, which is breaking the rules, even if Person 1 and 2 don't know it. That can lead more people into the discussion and that'd mean that 4-5 people would get in trouble too.

The explanation could be sent as an e-mail or a PM. I would understand if the person doesn't want to share it with the whole world, but at least they would know what they did wrong. I think it would be much better for them if they knew what they did wrong here so they can fix themselves on other websites they may be a part of.

Again, I'll understand if this already happens of if it simply wouldn't work. Thanks for reading!

Post your ideas and comments please!

~puppies

((I understand that we aren't supposed to be talking about banning, I'm just saying if the person got in trouble at all))

((This is trouble over all, not just banning)

Last edited by puppiesrock465; 04-02-2009 at 09:59 AM..
puppiesrock465 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2009, 09:46 AM   #2
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Don't You Think They Should Get An Explanation?

Hi puppies!

We're not supposed to be talking about banning here

But if someone did do something wrong, they do get an explanation of it. I'm pretty sure they do, because getting in trouble about nothing isn't very fair.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 04-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
Just.Live.Life(as a)
Banned
puppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
Hi puppies!

We're not supposed to be talking about banning here

But if someone did do something wrong, they do get an explanation of it. I'm pretty sure they do, because getting in trouble about nothing isn't very fair.
Right, and I'm not exactly talking about banning, just overall if someone gets in trouble...

Really? Because I've seen things where everyone's like "They got no explanation..."...

~puppies
Old 04-02-2009, 09:49 AM   #4
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by puppiesrock465
Right, and I'm not exactly talking about banning, just overall if someone gets in trouble...

Really? Because I've seen things where everyone's like "They got no explanation..."...

~puppies
Oh, I see. I was referring to the part when you said "so and so got banned?"

On WI, you usually get a notice why. I haven't heard of someone that didn't, but sometimes people say that they didn't get an explanation because they don't want to share it or they don't think it's fair to them. You know what I mean?
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 04-02-2009, 09:52 AM   #5
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

When someone gets banned, they know the reason why. If they have any questions about it, they can use the contact us button on the bottom of the page.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:53 AM   #6
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

I don't think that reasons for anyone having actions taken against them should be public knowlege. It's their business, not ours. Sure I've wondered why some people disappear, but it's not for me to know.

I believe that any one that does experience a problem does receive and explanation or warning by PM.
kayembee is offline Female
Old 04-02-2009, 10:11 AM   #7
Just.Live.Life(as a)
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by kayembee
I don't think that reasons for anyone having actions taken against them should be public knowlege. It's their business, not ours. Sure I've wondered why some people disappear, but it's not for me to know.

I believe that any one that does experience a problem does receive and explanation or warning by PM.
Well, I'm just saying that I've heard of people not getting any explanation
View Post Originally Posted by COWS4YOU
When someone gets banned, they know the reason why. If they have any questions about it, they can use the contact us button on the bottom of the page.
True, but I think it would be better if there was just an explanation anyway....

View Post Originally Posted by kayembee

Right, but I've just heard reports of people not getting anything at all and being very confused as to why they can't come on anymore....

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
Oh, I see. I was referring to the part when you said "so and so got banned?"

On WI, you usually get a notice why. I haven't heard of someone that didn't, but sometimes people say that they didn't get an explanation because they don't want to share it or they don't think it's fair to them. You know what I mean?
Well, yes, but that was just an example..

Right, I see what you're saying, but I've seen some people who've just gotten in trouble and have absolutely no idea why...

Anyone else want to post? :}

Last edited by puppiesrock465; 04-02-2009 at 10:11 AM..
Old 04-02-2009, 10:16 AM   #8
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

They could be saying that they don't know the reason why, but really they do. There is a message attached when they are banned and they read it. We don't make it public knowledge as to why someone was banned, it is between the staff and that person. IF they have questions, that is why the contact us button is there
Old 04-02-2009, 10:17 AM   #9
Just.Live.Life(as a)
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by COWS4YOU
They could be saying that they don't know the reason why, but really they do. There is a message attached when they are banned and they read it. We don't make it public knowledge as to why someone was banned, it is between the staff and that person. IF they have questions, that is why the contact us button is there
I see.... Must be personal issues then.

~puppies
Old 04-02-2009, 10:19 AM   #10
Gift Guru

K1234 has a reputation beyond reputeK1234 has a reputation beyond reputeK1234 has a reputation beyond reputeK1234 has a reputation beyond reputeK1234 has a reputation beyond reputeK1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

The Ethics on this site that the Administrators, Moderators, Gift Coaches, Founders, ect. Stand by would not tolerate someone not getting an explanation for anything wrong or right.
So, i would look back at your friend and decide, maybe they just don't want you to know.
I have not met anyone yet that would not help me with something or if they don't know they find someone who can.

K1234 is offline Female
Closed