Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 01:00 PM   #21
Save Our Planet!
Webkinz :)

ljfyle is a splendid one to beholdljfyle is a splendid one to beholdljfyle is a splendid one to beholdljfyle is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Don't steal ideas for Avvies and Siggy Shops!

I wouldn't necessarily call it stealing. It's not stealing unless you say: here is the website I made these on ____.com. If they know the website, they should be able to make it
That would basically just only letting one person do Fake google searches, one person do bubbly letters, and one person do blinky texts...it just isn't fair...if you know how to make it, make it.
ljfyle is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #22

luckyfunky3 has much to be proud ofluckyfunky3 has much to be proud ofluckyfunky3 has much to be proud ofluckyfunky3 has much to be proud ofluckyfunky3 has much to be proud of

I agree! I know a lot more than what I have displayed in my shop but I couold figure out how to do a lot of things that other people can do but I don't because people should get the credit for their ideas. People should learn their own ideas for homemade things.
luckyfunky3 is offline Female
Old 08-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #23
ilovebeckymost♥

TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!

I agree.
It's rude to steal the idea.
Because, usually they are original.
It won't matter if you make one yourself, and only let you and yourself use it, but don't start making it for people.
That's just plain rude.
TheLovelyLife is offline Female
Old 08-17-2009, 04:51 PM   #24
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

I agree!
I mean,simply looking at a picture,for example,this: '' And saying "Oh,I like that,I'm just going to make a few modifications so nobody knows I copied it." And then end product is this: ''. I do think that is stealing.

But if you didn't know this '' ever existed,then I wouldn't call that stealing.
Of course,if I created a graphic,didn't know somebody else had something almost like it,and the original creator came up to me and said "Can you remove that from your shoppe? I made something like that." I would remove that,because I didn't know.

Anyways,great thread!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 08-17-2009, 05:35 PM   #25
|_ () \/ 3
Gift Guru

lexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzluver321
xD And another thing I'd like to point out. This used to happen a while ago, not sure if it's reoccurring - but like a/s makers used to go to other shops, and try to find out which programs they used ... it happened to me recently too, and I don't see any schools open, so I can just tell that they looked at other shops. xP
That happens to me too. Here is one of my stories.
Someone pmed me and Julianne asking what sites and stuff we used and how to make stuff.
We said "GIMP and all the other stuff I can't tell,"
and Julianne specifically said no copying this, it is original .. and that person who asked what sites and stuff we used, COPIED her idea.

I have totally agreed to all of your posts on here, you seem really nice.
I do see the points of your posts also, speaking from an A/S thread owner.

Your welcome, it is really interesting reading all these posts, isn't it? xDD
lexi18216 is offline Female
Old 08-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #26
|_ () \/ 3
Gift Guru

lexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzluver321
xD Couldn't have said it better myself! Glad someone's decided to step up.
As an a/s maker myself, I've personally been copied several times .... my banners, my title, even my rating section. I used to really hate it, but now I keep one thing in mind - imitation is the deepest form of flattery, right?
Teehee, and I just keep changing my shop - plus, it'll make it more obvious to other members that they're copying. xD Rather amusing, IMHO.
Another problem is name-dropping ... I've noticed lately [not like it's happened to me], that other people keep mention other members & a/s makers ... it's like talking behind their back. That's one thing I'll never get used to.
Repp for you! =]
Just an opinion from another a/s maker,
~♥~ Catherine ~♥~
Thank you.
lexi18216 is offline Female
Old 08-17-2009, 05:37 PM   #27
jj8
Gift Guru

jj8 has disabled reputation

i agree! :0
I have a great freind on here (crystal000) hwho gave me some sites to help expand my shop,I was so thankful that I me him/her something special from it unless you have permuission dont! it's not fair or nice.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:52 PM   #28
weevie97

mantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond repute

Okay ....It may be considered mean to you it does to me some degree but i don't agree with you all the way

Last edited by mantateelover; 08-17-2009 at 06:20 PM..
mantateelover is offline Female
Old 08-17-2009, 05:59 PM   #29
Don't get knarky wit

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

I understand your point and agree to an extent, but I also disagree.

If somebody likes your idea and wants to use it themselves, wouldn't that be a good thing? Wouldn't that mean you're ideas are admired and you could start a whole new trend of graphics ideas? We have to learn to share with each other. You can't just say everything's 'mine, mine, mine' because really, where would that get you? You should be willing to let other people discover your ideas and make something of their own out of it. And how could you prove that the person stole your idea? EVERYTHING has a source, so how do you know that they didn't look it up on a website and learned to make it themselves? You don't.

I've been appreciative to some specific people for helping me improve my shop and telling me how to make some specific graphics, but that's because they WANTED to help me and they were more than happy to! Even when I didn't ask, she helped me learn to make things. We should all be like that.

I do agree because you always want to have that feeling that you created it and it's all yours, but again, other people would want to share that idea, and I think it would be pretty selfish to not tell someone where to get something or how to make it.

~Alyssa
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Old 08-17-2009, 06:15 PM   #30
radical
Gift Guru

madolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talent

I agree, but only if it's not something common.
Closed

Tags
cheese!