Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Don't steal ideas for Avvies and Siggy Shops!

If they know that is mean !! Everyone should put their name near it if they want too !!
mom w charm is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2009, 11:17 AM   #12
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

xD Couldn't have said it better myself! Glad someone's decided to step up.
As an a/s maker myself, I've personally been copied several times .... my banners, my title, even my rating section. I used to really hate it, but now I keep one thing in mind - imitation is the deepest form of flattery, right?
Teehee, and I just keep changing my shop - plus, it'll make it more obvious to other members that they're copying. xD Rather amusing, IMHO.
Another problem is name-dropping ... I've noticed lately [not like it's happened to me], that other people keep mention other members & a/s makers ... it's like talking behind their back. That's one thing I'll never get used to.
Repp for you! =]
Just an opinion from another a/s maker,
~♥~ Catherine ~♥~
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 08-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #13
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by pokemon2
Hmm, there are some people who really like an idea and want to do it. If they improve it of make it unique, i think that it is some kind of complement.
But if you improve it that would mean it wasn't good enough for you and it would then become an insult. An addition to one person might kill the graphic for another. You may like an idea a ton, but is it worth copying?
twilightcrz is offline Female
Old 08-17-2009, 11:42 AM   #14
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

Well, I think it's good to be able to resize things. So what if another shop resizes images? It's a free world, so if they want to include that to, what harm is really done? If you truly are a great siggy maker, no one will be able to copy you.

Also, when people use the same program to make images, they are bound to look similar. I mean when do text signatures, I use a different program that only I know of. However, when I make my banners, I use PhotoFiltre because the text effects rock. And if the person says 'I use lunapic to make these' or something, they are bound to be copied. If they give away their source, people will use it. My advice to avoid this would be to be careful when giving out information. Online stuff will be copied. Like text effects on lunapic, they will be copied because anyone can make them. The best way to not be copied is to use a really hard to find program that no one knows about. That way no one can copy you.

Last edited by pokemon2; 08-17-2009 at 11:51 AM..
pokemon2 is offline Female
Old 08-17-2009, 11:49 AM   #15
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

Wink Re: Don't steal ideas for Avvies and Siggy Shops!

Well, I think it's good to be able to resize things. So what if another shop resizes images? It's a free world, so if they want to include that to, what harm is really done? If you truly are a great siggy maker, no one will be able to copy you.
Hmm ... I don't think Danielle was talking about resizing. You're right, there's nothing really wrong w/ that - two shops that know how to do the same thing, there's no problem w/ that. I think she means like, copying the basis of the shop, imitating someone's graphics, something along those lines. That's the sad thing, when I go through the A/S section, some shops are similar, some are name-dropping, and some are complete copies - it's sad. Know what I mean?

Hehe, I'm just glad you made this thread, lexi. Had to let it out. xD
Old 08-17-2009, 11:52 AM   #16
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

Sure resizing is nice, but it's technically it's irrelevant to this subject, because some pictures need to be different sizes. There's nothing you can do about it but resize, and we're not going to let one person have all the resizings. Blinkies for instance. High demand, and often need to be resized. You aren't copying an idea for making a graphic, but a well known technique to modify it. What we're specifically talking about is ideas for Banners, Avatars, Signatures, and etc.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #17
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

Quote:
Also, when people use the same program to make images, they are bound to look similar. I mean when do text signatures, I use a different program that only I know of. However, when I make my banners, I use PhotoFiltre because the text effects rock. And if the person says 'I use lunapic to make these' or something, they are bound to be copied. If they give away their source, people will use it. My advice to avoid this would be to be careful when giving out information. Online stuff will be copied. Like text effects on lunapic, they will be copied because anyone can make them. The best way to not be copied is to use a really hard to find program that no one knows about. That way no one can copy you.
But when there's an intention to make it look like someone else's that's a much different story. I've seen many that look like an attempt to seem like cocoabean's old graphics, and it was obvious they were tryin to copy her. You can use the same programs, that's no problem, but it's the idea. Say I went up to Catherine's shop right now, and I used PF to make a banner that looked just like hers, and I used rainbow text, the same font, and her signature flower. That would be copying her idea. If I just used PF to make a banner, I'd be in the clear.

Last edited by twilightcrz; 08-17-2009 at 12:02 PM..
Old 08-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #18
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

That's true, and I really get where you're coming from. But sometimes I see a few really original shops, and there's usually something that can relate in all of their graphics - which is kinda cool for them. But then I see people like imitating that, one specific thing, and I feel bad for the other people. I don't keep a close eye on this type of stuff, but a few glances at different shops, and it's not even subtle. Know what I mean?
Old 08-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #19
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

xD And another thing I'd like to point out. This used to happen a while ago, not sure if it's reoccurring - but like a/s makers used to go to other shops, and try to find out which programs they used ... it happened to me recently too, and I don't see any schools open, so I can just tell that they looked at other shops. xP
Old 08-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #20

i_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talent

I totally agree. Some people have copied stuff that only I used to offer in my shop, and it's super annoying. I think that that just shows how un-creative people are if they have to steal other peoples ideas to get stuff for their own shop, and they can't even come up with ideas themselves.
i_like_pie is offline Female
Closed

Tags
cheese!