Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 01:19 AM   #81
Gift Guru

asterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clownasterravos is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 
Default Re: Don't read conversations other people have

I would actually prefer people to read the conversations in my profile. I don't hold real conversations there however, but random people often ask me questions which I find myself answering over and over (about my siggie). All other conversations I have are done via PM.
asterravos is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2009, 11:45 AM   #82
<3
Webkinz :)

pixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
Thanks pixelgirl!

I actually don't mean that you should say private stuff on profile or in PM's. I just meant that you shouldn't read conversations people have with others, but others have just been bringing that up so I decided to post it in the first post. However, the main point of this thread is to just not read conversations other people have that are not with you, not that you shouldn't post private stuff on profiles

---------- Dogluver620 added 5 Minutes and 16 Seconds later ----------

Thank you meowrus!

I'm sure that was a good intention. If you just saw the couple of messages someone posted, then I think it's better than if you were "snooping". Know what I mean?
Yeah. XD I figured that out after awhile. The only time I read my friends things is IF they have someone posting a question, like.... Where did you get you avatar? Then, I might have the same question and look. But that's it. I find the answer and leave and the rest is for her eyes only. =]]
pixelgirl242 is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 12:02 PM   #83
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

Hmm... I wonder who you could be talking about! LOL!

I feel kinda mixed about this though. Sometimes you'll just read one post of a conversation, and then you get ****** in, and wanna find out about it... And then you'll read another, and another, it's really addicting.

On the other hand, you don't want others to read your convos, if they're anything kinda embarassing... But I mostly PM the stuff people don't want me to see, so yeah!

Teehee... I wonder who you're referring too? It's so obviously not me!
twilightcrz is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #84
I'M BLUE! [DamDaDo]
Gifted

webkinz_lover_ is a name known to allwebkinz_lover_ is a name known to allwebkinz_lover_ is a name known to all

Alright, here's my two cents.

I don't mind people reading my conversations. Really. Most of my profile messages are about Roleplaying or how my day went or whatever. Anybody who reads it is not going to gain anything from reading it, other than the knowledge that I just got myself a bowl of ice cream. I don't have any "secrets" to keep here.

On the other hand, I can see many people who don't like getting their conversation's read. For this private profile's were made. I will sometimes read another post on a friend's profile. It's not like I go around reading them every single post, but every once in a while I'll read a post. But I only read it, I don't say that I did. I don't ask the person about it, I don't spread it around. Just keep it to myself. I've never read one that was "important." But I don't read strangers conversations. Ever.

I can see your point here, and it is a very good one. As a general rule, you shouldn't be sticking your nose into others people business. But, on occasion, there are exceptions.

Last edited by webkinz_lover_; 03-07-2009 at 01:00 PM..
webkinz_lover_ is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #85
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by asterravos
I would actually prefer people to read the conversations in my profile. I don't hold real conversations there however, but random people often ask me questions which I find myself answering over and over (about my siggie). All other conversations I have are done via PM.
Thanks asterravos!

Everyone has different circumstances, so there would be different opinions on this. Thanks so much for posting your opinion!

---------- Dogluver620 added 4 Minutes and 26 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by twilightcrz
Hmm... I wonder who you could be talking about! LOL!

I feel kinda mixed about this though. Sometimes you'll just read one post of a conversation, and then you get ****** in, and wanna find out about it... And then you'll read another, and another, it's really addicting.

On the other hand, you don't want others to read your convos, if they're anything kinda embarassing... But I mostly PM the stuff people don't want me to see, so yeah!

Teehee... I wonder who you're referring too? It's so obviously not me!
LOL!

I was totally not referring to you- that was already on my profile page and you probably didn't even have to click "View Conversation" to see the messages. That was funny though, I didn't mind. If you're open about it and the other person doesn't get mad, I think it's okay. But once I was talking with a friend about something, and another friend posted on my profile about the same thing. I could definitely tell they were reading my convos

I really don't have anything embarrassing to say, really. If I do, I use PM.

Last edited by Dogluver620; 03-07-2009 at 12:48 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 12:49 PM   #86
ithout a doubt
Gift Guru

rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!

I look at posting anything anywhere on WI as this: If it isn't something your Mom could read, don't type it. I've made some mistakes in all my time here. But I've learned from those mistakes.
rickekinz is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 12:51 PM   #87
Gifted

honeyluv55 is a forum hero
honeyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum hero

Post Re: Don't read conversations other people have

Well, I agree and disagree. If it's private, PM it. If you're too lazy to clean out your PM's...it's your own problem...right?? You can always change it so only friends and contacts can see your profile. I agree, it might be a bit nosy to look through VM's not including you. But the only times I've done it is if I want to find out an answer to a question someone has that I have, too or something. There are many options. Letting them view it is your personal choice. If you're too lazy to do anything about it, then sure, people will view your conversations. I don't care if people read mine. All I ever say is, "Hi, how are you doing?" or, "Hey, what's up my friend?" or, "He-lloo!" or, ....."I'm good, and you?" Just casual back and forth greetings. Read every message I've ever posted. Read it or not, I'll keep profile messaging. And people will keep viewing conversations.

honeyluv55 is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 12:51 PM   #88
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz_lover_
Alright, here's my two cents.

I don't mind people reading my conversations. Really. Most of my profile messages are about Roleplaying or how my day went or whatever. Anybody who reads it is not going to gain anything from reading it, other than the knowledge that I just got myself a bowl of ice cream. I don't have any "secrets" to keep here.

On the other hand, I can see many people who don't like getting their conversation's read. For this private profile's were made. I will sometimes read another post on a friend's profile. It's not like I go around reading them every single post, but every once in a while I'll read a post. But I only read it, I don't say that I did. I don't ask the person about it, I don't spread it around. Just keep it to myself. I've read one that was "important." But I don't read strangers conversations. Ever.

I can see your point here, and it is a very good one. As a general rule, you shouldn't be sticking your nose into others people business. But, on occasion, there are exceptions.
I love the two cents you put in!

I don't read strangers' conversations either. It's none of my business and I don't even know them. Sometimes, if you're posting on a friend's profile, a message from another person might spark your curiosity. That doesn't mean you were reading their conversation, because you hadn't actually read what they said to each other.

Thanks so much for your opinion!
Old 03-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #89
I'M BLUE! [DamDaDo]
Gifted

webkinz_lover_ is a name known to allwebkinz_lover_ is a name known to allwebkinz_lover_ is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
I love the two cents you put in!

I don't read strangers' conversations either. It's none of my business and I don't even know them. Sometimes, if you're posting on a friend's profile, a message from another person might spark your curiosity. That doesn't mean you were reading their conversation, because you hadn't actually read what they said to each other.

Thanks so much for your opinion!
Glad your open to opinion!

And where it says, "I read an important one," in my post, It's supposed to say never read an important one. Whoops.
webkinz_lover_ is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 01:01 PM   #90
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by honeyluv55
Well, I agree and disagree. If it's private, PM it. If you're too lazy to clean out your PM's...it's your own problem...right?? You can always change it so only friends and contacts can see your profile. I agree, it might be a bit nosy to look through VM's not including you. But the only times I've done it is if I want to find out an answer to a question someone has that I have, too or something. There are many options. Letting them view it is your personal choice. If you're too lazy to do anything about it, then sure, people will view your conversations. I don't care if people read mine. All I ever say is, "Hi, how are you doing?" or, "Hey, what's up my friend?" or, "He-lloo!" or, ....."I'm good, and you?" Just casual back and forth greetings. Read every message I've ever posted. Read it or not, I'll keep profile messaging. And people will keep viewing conversations.

Hi honeyluv!

I totally understand your point- everyone has a different opinion, and everyone uses their profile differently. Sometimes it's too much for me to have a conversation and trade through PM all at the same time, so that's why I prefer profile messaging.

Of course you can always make it private, but your friends can always look at your other conversations, no matter what.

Thanks for your opinion!

---------- Dogluver620 added 0 Minutes and 27 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz_lover_
Glad your open to opinion!

And where it says, "I read an important one," in my post, It's supposed to say never read an important one. Whoops.
LOL! I thought that's what it meant

Last edited by Dogluver620; 03-07-2009 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed