Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 10:00 PM   #61
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru

Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Try to give privacy to other people's conversations on profiles

She's such a card, she's one to be dealt with! LOL!!! Ok, that was bad!
Polarity is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2009, 10:00 PM   #62
Is Back!
Gifted

Jumping Wizard is a forum hero
Jumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum hero

Arrow Re: Try to give privacy to other people's conversations on profiles

View Post Originally Posted by Polarity
She's such a card, she's one to be dealt with! LOL!!! Ok, that was bad!
You sound like a tough guy... just like meh!
Jumping Wizard is offline Male
Old 03-05-2009, 10:09 PM   #63
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

LOL!

This is turning into a DCT...
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 03-05-2009, 10:11 PM   #64
Is Back!
Gifted

Jumping Wizard is a forum hero
Jumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum hero

Arrow Re: Try to give privacy to other people's conversations on profiles

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
LOL!

This is turning into a DCT...
That can't happen... unless you'll bribe me with a red lava!? Good night, bed calls!
Jumping Wizard is offline Male
Old 03-05-2009, 11:44 PM   #65
ill work for webkinz
Gift Guru

CindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guide

I do want to mention to you all that deleting PMs doesn't meant that a mod or admin can't read it - once you post or PM something, you should assume they can see it. That's the blessing (and curse) of computers - for example, you know that just because you delete a file from your computer, it doesn't mean that it's really gone, right?

Just be careful out there (and if you're under 18, this applies double and triple!)
CindyMommy is offline Female
Old 03-06-2009, 12:46 AM   #66
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by CindyMommy
I do want to mention to you all that deleting PMs doesn't meant that a mod or admin can't read it - once you post or PM something, you should assume they can see it. That's the blessing (and curse) of computers - for example, you know that just because you delete a file from your computer, it doesn't mean that it's really gone, right?

Just be careful out there (and if you're under 18, this applies double and triple!)
That is a really good reminder, CindyMommy! The admins do have access to everything on the site, so never give out any PI at all even through PM. (The mods and admins are background checked and everything though, I doubt anything will happen.)

This post should be stickied, IMO
Old 03-06-2009, 12:48 AM   #67
Webkinz :)

Nightowl is a name known to allNightowl is a name known to allNightowl is a name known to all

Thank you, Dogluver, for another good reminder. I guess we're all curious sometimes, but we should respect other people's privacy. I, for one, need to tone down my curiosity...

Anyways, thanks,

Night
Nightowl is offline Female
Old 03-06-2009, 07:28 AM   #68

turtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clown

That is very true! Even if you can make it so only contacts can see, you ma want everyone to see and then they ruin your coversation with someone! Now, if there is a problem or something and it involves Fakeuser85. And your talking to Imnotreal20. Then, P0SSIBLY! but that stuff is better for PM's. Awesome thread! Reppy!
turtlegurl is offline Female
Old 03-06-2009, 08:14 AM   #69
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
Hi there!

I've noticed this recently, and I'm not naming any names. It could just be a "game", but it could be embarrassing or a little annoying if you do this: look at others conversations with other people. It's sort of like someone's reading your IM's or your e-mails behind your back. Not a good feeling, although I understand when people aren't trying to hurt you most of the time. It's also easy to see other people's posts on a friend's profile if you're posting back. However, you can still access their conversations.

Also, Dixiecup pointed out that you can make your profile private or talk through PM (great suggestion!). I'm not one that uses PMing for conversations a lot, but I understand a lot of you do. Also, I think your friends can also look at your conversations, even if it's private (please let me know if that's wrong.)

If you do have something private to say to someone, do it in PM, not in profile messages. Anyone can have access to it then.

I really don't know if others do this, but it's just a heads up to respect others' privacy. By this, I mean just not reading through their conversations with others. I'm the kind of person who likes to talk to a lot of people, but I don't like other people reading our conversations. I just don't feel comfortable with that. However, many people are fine with reading their conversations with others, and I understand that. Unless someone says it's okay, in my opinion, just don't do it. You don't know whether the person you're doing it to is fine with it or not, but anyways it's respect

As always, please post your ideas/opinions/criticism. Thanks!
rep! I agree. Its like going on someone ones profile and seeing a question then someone who wasent supposed to answer it answered it!

EDIT: I have to spread some rep around first. I'll get too you when i can!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 03-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #70
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Nightowl
Thank you, Dogluver, for another good reminder. I guess we're all curious sometimes, but we should respect other people's privacy. I, for one, need to tone down my curiosity...

Anyways, thanks,

Night
Thanks, Night!

Yes, curiosity has gotten the better of me before...
Closed