Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #31
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Try to give others privacy on profiles

Thanks for all of your opinions I love hearing them. Personally, I like my conversations to remain with the person who I'm talking to, but of course, everyone has their own preference. I haven't been talking about PI, but I think it's just kind of weird if someone I don't know is looking through conversations I had with someone I do know, like Snowclaw said above.

---------- Dogluver620 added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by GrandBlancGirls
I totally agree with Mama! And I just want to make sure,

Our private messages do remain private, right?

As long as I can write to my friends with secure private messages, then I have no problem with the User Profile. In fact, User Profiles are a great way for new people to make friends or give compliments to others! I also enjoy visiting other's Profiles to see how they've decorated them. When you visit, however, it's hard not to notice the posts the person has received on their first page. But, I don't go snooping around at their conversations. However, is it Okay to look at their album? Because I thought people put stuff like that on their User Profile so other's could get to know them.
I'm pretty sure admins and/or mods can read your PM's... I've gotten in trouble once, I think that's how they knew. But I really don't know for sure. If they can, don't worry, because they have all been background checked. (Another thing I love about this site!)

Last edited by Dogluver620; 03-05-2009 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #32
Falling for
Webkinz :)

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

Thanks Dogluver for the info about private messages. I don't put anything really personal on my PM's, but I am more open than on my User Profile or posts. This is a great thread by the way. REP!
Old 03-05-2009, 02:59 PM   #33
Just another

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

You can always delete them. That's what I do every once in a while, I delete random messages from people who I have an ongoing conversation with. Also, I do use private messages only with the one person I really know on WI. Sometimes you may want a lot of messages on your profile but do you want others to read it?
dandogkinie is offline Male
Old 03-05-2009, 03:18 PM   #34

Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

That's a very good point...It's always a good idea that if you have something more private to say, that you do it via PM. Usually I always chat on profile, cuz I don't really have anything I need to say in private...but if you do you should definately use PM.

Fab thread!
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Old 03-05-2009, 05:30 PM   #35
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Red face Re: Try to give others privacy on profiles

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
Yes, I agree. I love receiving visitor messages though I would love it if there was an option for your profile when no one can read your conversations with other people.

LOL it's happened to almost everyone, I think.
I love getting the messages too, but when you look to see what a person is doing, they might be viewing a conversation, and it could be yours with another friend!
P.S. I have to spread around some rep. before I give you a rep.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 03-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #36
jml123456789

jj887 is a name known to alljj887 is a name known to alljj887 is a name known to all

That is all very ture. And like you, I don't read other WI user's conversations. It is not right. I know exactly what you mean.

--JJ887
jj887 is offline Female
Old 03-05-2009, 05:40 PM   #37
e are jormariffic
Pupsaresocute is a forum hero
Pupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum hero

The only time I have looked at someone's convo. Was when I was looking to see what question I asked earlier and I saw someone that said: What grade are you in? And I went to that person's profile (the one who asked) And reported them and the person that said I'm in __ grade.
Pupsaresocute is offline Female
Old 03-05-2009, 06:23 PM   #38
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Thanks, everyone!

I don't know if everyone has the option of deleting messages from their profile, but if there is something you don't want others to see, delete the message.

If you do have something private to say, say it using PM, like other members suggested
Old 03-05-2009, 06:25 PM   #39
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Smile Re: Try to give others privacy on profiles

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
Thanks, everyone!

I don't know if everyone has the option of deleting messages from their profile, but if there is something you don't want others to see, delete the message.

If you do have something private to say, say it using PM, like other members suggested
That is true. I actually like to get profile messages instead of PMs. Maybe its the other way around for some people....and that is OK!
badena2 is offline Female
Old 03-05-2009, 06:27 PM   #40
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by badena2
That is true. I actually like to get profile messages instead of PMs. Maybe its the other way around for some people....and that is OK!
I feel the same way too. It's easier to check and you don't have to delete PM's all of the time especially if you talk to your friends a lot.
Closed