Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 11:24 PM   #21
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Try to give others privacy on profiles

View Post Originally Posted by S.O.S.Star
I think this is a good idea, but sometimes I have to look back at my friend's converstations to get what they were saying to me. (Of course I will ask first, but most of the time they say "look at the conversation I had with --Insert Username here--")
I think you should respect people's privacy.
Good point, S.O.S.Star!

If you have the other person's permission, of course it's okay to look. But snooping should be a huge no-no. Thanks for bringing that up!
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2009, 11:44 PM   #22
ChihuahuaGrl16
Banned
ChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond repute

wow, i never even thought of looking at anyone elses conversations and never thought that other people might be looking at mine! Good thing i don't talk about anything even relatively interesting LOL
FANTASTIC THREAD! Rep for you!
ChihuahuaGrl16 is offline Female
Old 03-05-2009, 08:44 AM   #23
Just.Live.Life(as a)
Banned
puppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of light

Well, I'm kinda on the border line. I mean, it is a public profile, so anyone has a right to look at it, whether it's the right thing to do or not. On the other hand, yes, sometimes I don't want to wait 60 seconds to have a 'private' conversation with two people and would prefer to use their profile. But I'm a PMing kinda girl xD

♥puppiesrock465♥
puppiesrock465 is offline Female
Old 03-05-2009, 09:08 AM   #24
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

Oh Dogluver... we've actually come upon a topic of your creations that I... dare I say this... do not see eye to eye with you! LOL But I still respect your opinion and views, and I can completely understand what you are saying and even appreciate what your point is. So I do give you credit for your topic, and how well thought out it is.

I do agree that people should not 'snoop' into others conversations, however, if it's on the PUBLIC profile, it is their right to look and read. Anything public is just that, public. If the two members engaging in the conversation do not want anyone else reading it, or feel uncomfortable knowing that others might happen upon their conversations and read them completely.... well, they it's their responsibility to move that conversation into PM where it will remain private. (I do understand with the 60 second thing, this is sometimes a pain in the behind).

It goes both ways. We should respect others privacy. I agree with that 100%. But if your conversation is in a public place that anyone can see, you are leaving it open for anyone to view. Whether it's right or wrong, it is there for anyone to see, and you can't really fault someone for seeing what's been left in public.

GOOD TOPIC, though, and I really enjoy seeing both sides of the agrument, and thinking them both out. Thanks so much for posting
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Old 03-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #25
Webkinz :)
SNOWCLAW is not just visiting!SNOWCLAW is not just visiting!SNOWCLAW is not just visiting!SNOWCLAW is not just visiting!SNOWCLAW is not just visiting!SNOWCLAW is not just visiting!SNOWCLAW is not just visiting!SNOWCLAW is not just visiting!SNOWCLAW is not just visiting!SNOWCLAW is not just visiting!SNOWCLAW is not just visiting!

That is very true.
I don't mind if it was a friend of mine that I talk to everyday, but if it is someone I don't know, it just seems awkward.

Oh well, at least there's still private messages.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:39 AM   #26
ill work for webkinz
Gift Guru

CindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guide

I guess I'm of the opinion that my life is an open book. I don't much care who sees what about me (okay, so don't ask my weight!!!) I am very careful to not publicly post private info about my kids, but other than that, go ahead and ask or read about me!

I know about making the profiles private, but even my schedule/calendar here at work is public within our organization - and there are 100,000 employees! I figure, if someone REALLY wants to see when my next doc appt is, or who has swimming practice, they're welcome.

Of course, private things, and things that show who you are and where you live, should be kept out of public forums and the internet.

Maybe I'm just extreme, but I've always thought the idea of someone bugging my phones ("big brother", the government, etc.) really funny - I mean, they would TOTALLY fall asleep bored if they heard my conversations!
CindyMommy is offline Female
Old 03-05-2009, 10:00 AM   #27
Gift Guru

Geminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Yeah, I agree with DixieCup on this, although it's not right to read what other people are writing, I think that if you really don't want them to, you can use PM or make your profile private..
Geminicat21 is offline Female
Old 03-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #28
Look world I'm
Gift Guru

marileemed is just really nicemarileemed is just really nice

Oooh CindyMommy....we see so much the same.....I used to work in a similar environment (Govenment)....before I was disabled.... I could care less who sees what's on my public profile...I figure whateve is put out on the computer someone will view it who shouldn't actually see it....so as someone stated before....(Always the lovely Dixie, ) if you don't want people reading it....don't put it out there.

I will say I have people that when we PM we give each other our personal names....I would be very upset if that person went and put it out on my profile. I think that would be wrong....but maybe that is another thread.
marileemed is offline Female
Old 03-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #29
NightB4Christmas
Gift Guru

NightB4Xmas is the bees knees!NightB4Xmas is the bees knees!NightB4Xmas is the bees knees!NightB4Xmas is the bees knees!NightB4Xmas is the bees knees!NightB4Xmas is the bees knees!NightB4Xmas is the bees knees!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by CindyMommy
I guess I'm of the opinion that my life is an open book. I don't much care who sees what about me (okay, so don't ask my weight!!!) I am very careful to not publicly post private info about my kids, but other than that, go ahead and ask or read about me!

I know about making the profiles private, but even my schedule/calendar here at work is public within our organization - and there are 100,000 employees! I figure, if someone REALLY wants to see when my next doc appt is, or who has swimming practice, they're welcome.

Of course, private things, and things that show who you are and where you live, should be kept out of public forums and the internet.

Maybe I'm just extreme, but I've always thought the idea of someone bugging my phones ("big brother", the government, etc.) really funny - I mean, they would TOTALLY fall asleep bored if they heard my conversations!

CindyMommy -LOL! You are too funny!!!!!
I tend to agree with Mama Girl NH and CindyMommy on this one. A public profile is just that, a PUBLIC profile. If you do not wish for others to see certain things then it should not be posted there. I can honestly say that I rarely read through the conversations of other people. Perhaps, my work as a therapist makes me much LESS curious about people as I am on information overload by the end of an 8 hour work day!

That being said, if anyone wishes to take a gander through my public profile please feel free to do so! It is not overly exciting but there are some pretty graphics on there.

Thank you for starting such an interesting topic!!
NightB4Xmas is offline Female
Old 03-05-2009, 10:25 AM   #30
Falling for
Webkinz :)

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by Mama Girl NH
Oh Dogluver... we've actually come upon a topic of your creations that I... dare I say this... do not see eye to eye with you! LOL But I still respect your opinion and views, and I can completely understand what you are saying and even appreciate what your point is. So I do give you credit for your topic, and how well thought out it is.

I do agree that people should not 'snoop' into others conversations, however, if it's on the PUBLIC profile, it is their right to look and read. Anything public is just that, public. If the two members engaging in the conversation do not want anyone else reading it, or feel uncomfortable knowing that others might happen upon their conversations and read them completely.... well, they it's their responsibility to move that conversation into PM where it will remain private. (I do understand with the 60 second thing, this is sometimes a pain in the behind).

It goes both ways. We should respect others privacy. I agree with that 100%. But if your conversation is in a public place that anyone can see, you are leaving it open for anyone to view. Whether it's right or wrong, it is there for anyone to see, and you can't really fault someone for seeing what's been left in public.

GOOD TOPIC, though, and I really enjoy seeing both sides of the agrument, and thinking them both out. Thanks so much for posting
I totally agree with Mama! And I just want to make sure,

Our private messages do remain private, right?

As long as I can write to my friends with secure private messages, then I have no problem with the User Profile. In fact, User Profiles are a great way for new people to make friends or give compliments to others! I also enjoy visiting other's Profiles to see how they've decorated them. When you visit, however, it's hard not to notice the posts the person has received on their first page. But, I don't go snooping around at their conversations. However, is it Okay to look at their album? Because I thought people put stuff like that on their User Profile so other's could get to know them.
Closed