Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #41
Hebrews 6:19
Gifted

i love summer knows the way
i love summer knows the wayi love summer knows the way

Default Re: Don't quote a post and hit reply.

View Post Originally Posted by TheFlamedance
So if someone asks "Do You Like Spongebob?" and Pupsaresocute replies; "Yes, I love Spongebob!" and you agree with her, you can't quote her as to imply that is your answer also?
I do that on polls, and I've seen people do that to my posts. Actually, I like it when people do that to my posts. ^^ It makes me feel good somehow.
I totally agree. I do this quite a bit, usually when someone steals the words right outta my mouth.

I actually prefer that people do that on threads then seeing like 20 posts of some form of "I love Spongebob!"
i love summer is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #42
gangnam style
Webkinz :)

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

View Post Originally Posted by Pupsaresocute
Yeah, like Jennielou said, I think that makes it spam.
I just find this post a bit ironic.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 12-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #43
;)

CandyCanez is a glorious beacon of lightCandyCanez is a glorious beacon of light

Good to know, i'll keep that in mind when posting.

View Post Originally Posted by tarsky781
I just find this post a bit ironic.
It IS ironic isn't it
CandyCanez is offline Female
Old 12-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #44

swimmergal20+ has disabled reputation

It doesn't annoy me.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #45
Gift Guru

katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence
katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence

it gets irritating when you're looking through a thread for a specific answer, and all you see are quotes with the same thing repeated over and over and over.

i agree QQ.
katiepup is offline Female
Old 12-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #46
zacspet defies all odds
zacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou
I do too, that's what they are there for. I think she means simply quoting another person's statement or answer and using that as their reply. That is not helpful to do at all.
Oh well if that is the case i take back what i said before!

I am also pretty sure that if you post the same thing it comes up as a quote even though you might not have known it
zacspet is offline Male
Old 12-08-2010, 05:34 PM   #47
Banned
lotooo hit the reputation jackpot!lotooo hit the reputation jackpot!
lotooo hit the reputation jackpot!lotooo hit the reputation jackpot!lotooo hit the reputation jackpot!

But for all of the ones who do that are new members, they are new and all and probaly don't know every single detail o what to do and on what not to do.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:57 PM   #48
Mo Ikai, onigai!

catspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guide

If you mean to completly copy it, as if you made it yourself, I'd say that it's rude and\or mean. However, if you quote someones post and go "agreed!" Or maybe "Quack Quacks got it!" I think that that's fine, possibly even complimenting you\the person so-and-so quoted.
catspaws is offline Female
Old 12-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #49

jessie_1721 has a reputation beyond reputejessie_1721 has a reputation beyond reputejessie_1721 has a reputation beyond reputejessie_1721 has a reputation beyond reputejessie_1721 has a reputation beyond reputejessie_1721 has a reputation beyond repute

I admit I have done that a few times but that's not a bad thing if you quote someone and hit reply if you wanted to write that too but it seems like copying the other person if you don't put the quote thingy there do you get what I mean? If you quote someone it's lime giving the credit to them instead of making seem that you copied them
jessie_1721 is offline Female
Old 12-08-2010, 08:37 PM   #50
Oh! I Am Green!
Gift Guru

PoliceProperty is the epitome of excellencePoliceProperty is the epitome of excellence
PoliceProperty is the epitome of excellencePoliceProperty is the epitome of excellencePoliceProperty is the epitome of excellencePoliceProperty is the epitome of excellencePoliceProperty is the epitome of excellencePoliceProperty is the epitome of excellencePoliceProperty is the epitome of excellencePoliceProperty is the epitome of excellencePoliceProperty is the epitome of excellencePoliceProperty is the epitome of excellencePoliceProperty is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Quack Quack
I am getting kind of tired of people doing this to posts:

----

This post Quack Quack made explains what you are asking.
-----------------------

It is almost as bad as quoting someone's response and nothing else.
I just want to suggest to people not to do that, because it is kind of rude, and annoys the person who made the original post.

Thanks.
Hello! Ok, from QQ's post she is referring to different kinds of posts. The first one has to do with someone's response regarding the Value of a PSI. And instead of the "Poster" just placing a link like this:
(WIGEV) Pet Specific Items - Webkinz Insider Wiki
in their post, they decided to place the Graphic. Which was totally Unnecessary & is Considered Spam in My Opinion.
The Second Part of her Post is Referring to Posts that are Quoted and there is Nothing Added. Until a Recent Thread of Mine, I have Never had this Problem, (Nor had I seen it), Before. The "Quoter/Poster" just quotes like I did Jennielou and then does Not Type Anything, IE; I Agree; Yes; or even . They leave it just like it is below, (without Anything written Above). Now does this make sense to everyone?
Hugs!
PP

View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou
If I see the quote reply with nothing else written especially, I delete it as spam. If you can't reply on your own don't reply at all.
Closed

Tags
<3livetolovee., catspaws was around, god is 100% awesome, lightning :), shootforthemoon♥, ••••••••shatner•, ♫sing4me a melody