Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 06:22 PM   #71
Webkinz :)

*Fabulous* is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Don't people know kids are on here?!

I agree about the cussing thing but the hot thing is okay i think!Cuz u could be describing a person like um i dont know.....EDWARD CULLEN!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #72
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

Dude's Crap ain't a bad word as much as you want it to be EVERYONE uses way worse.
minimaid is offline Female
Old 01-11-2009, 06:35 PM   #73
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Well, it is starred out like many people have said, but the thing about it is someone can put a dash, period, comma, (etc) through half the word. That's really not good. WI bleeps it out for a reason. They don't do that so that it looks cool. It's so no one should say the word. So if this is seen, just flag it, it only takes a short amount of time to make a difference.

And I sorta agree with M&M but, some kids are younger and their parents wouldn't want them saying that.
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Old 01-11-2009, 06:41 PM   #74
✞ Walk by Faith ✞

dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy
dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy

To be completely honest, I have never seen a swear word on WI. I can indicate where there would have been a bad word because they are starred out using the asterick. Also, I don't think that "******" and "hot" could be considered as using fowl language. I would describe Edward Cullen as "hot" and I would describe liver as "******." I do agree that some users have to watch their mouth, but not to the point where they are being reported for saying "******" and "hot."
dumblonde693 is offline Female
Old 01-11-2009, 06:50 PM   #75
Lauren(:

softballgirl17 has a spectacular aura aboutsoftballgirl17 has a spectacular aura about

****** and hot aren't "bad words". If they were concidered profanity, then they would be automatically starred out like the other words. If kids would get in trouble for saying those words, then i think they are too young to get a WI account without parent permission, and if the parents don't want their kids to be around words like ****** aqnd hot they should have kept their child from making an account on this site.
softballgirl17 is offline Female
Old 01-11-2009, 06:56 PM   #76
My 35 webkinz are
Gifted

webkinzlover1264 has a spectacular aura about

yeah I see the f-word occasionally which is disturbing but "hot" is not that non-kid. Plus, I dont think any kids under the age of 10 is here!

---------- webkinzlover1264 added 1 Minutes and 10 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by softballgirl17
****** and hot aren't "bad words". If they were concidered profanity, then they would be automatically starred out like the other words. If kids would get in trouble for saying those words, then i think they are too young to get a WI account without parent permission, and if the parents don't want their kids to be around words like ****** aqnd hot they should have kept their child from making an account on this site.
I agree totally.

Last edited by webkinzlover1264; 01-11-2009 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
webkinzlover1264 is offline Female
Old 01-11-2009, 06:58 PM   #77
Joma13

Joma13 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree. Though it's their choice to say what they want. I'm not defending them. It's just they know it's wrong. Though you can report people.
Joma13 is offline Female
Old 01-11-2009, 07:07 PM   #78
ill miss you all!
Banned
andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by Penguin33
Hi, I have been seeing some threads and seeing lots of people saying stuff that kids should not say! Please forgive me for saying such worlds, but people have been saying stuff like, "******" and "Hot (Like, pretty)", and If i was saying that kind of stuff, I know, and I know, my mom would be filled with rage and punish me. I have eve saw a couple people saying curse words! I mean come on! I just wanted to say that. Does anyone else agree with me?

Those words are starred out.

The members who get around the censors are severily punished and possibly even banned. I don't have a problem with "Hot", but then again, I know other people are more sensitive.

---------- andrewhoya added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzlover1264
yeah I see the f-word occasionally which is disturbing but "hot" is not that non-kid. Plus, I dont think any kids under the age of 10 is here!

---------- webkinzlover1264 added 1 Minutes and 10 Seconds later ----------

I agree totally.

There are kids under ten on here.

---------- andrewhoya added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by dumblonde693
To be completely honest, I have never seen a swear word on WI. I can indicate where there would have been a bad word because they are starred out using the asterick. Also, I don't think that "******" and "hot" could be considered as using fowl language. I would describe Edward Cullen as "hot" and I would describe liver as "******." I do agree that some users have to watch their mouth, but not to the point where they are being reported for saying "******" and "hot."

COmpletely aggreed.

---------- andrewhoya added 0 Minutes and 21 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by softballgirl17

Very good points. Rep.

Last edited by andrewhoya; 01-11-2009 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
andrewhoya is offline Male
Old 01-11-2009, 07:11 PM   #79
emily44

I make sure i do everything that little kids are allowed to see
Old 01-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #80
e all love our

fluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant future

great points! we should keep this community growing by making it appropriate for younger aged kids. that way they will be allowed to continue going on this site! But if anyone does see those bad words or inappropriate subject, we all have to remember to flag the post! thanks for the great reminder!
[rep]
♥peep
fluffypup is offline Female
Closed