Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 07:04 PM   #21
e all love our
Webkinz :)

fluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant future

Default Re: Don't go "Fishing for Reps".

Great point, I think "fishing for reps is a bad way to get them. They are supposed to be given to you when you are helpful, not when you just want the....anyway, I know you said not to give any reps here, but I think you really deserve one!
so [rep] for the GREAT thread!
♥peep♥
fluffypup is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #22
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

I'mma make my opinion clear, I do like rep. I like it, I enjoy it, it makes me feel good when I read those nice little coments that people leave for me. But, when I post a thread, I think if anyone made this thread before. In my personal opinion [excluding lissyxwebkinz, she had a valid reason] there should be 1 thread for each reminder. I've seen COUNTLESS reminders for that. For crying out loud, it's a sticky already, we don't need it too much. [Like I said, lissyx actually had an EXPERIENCE, that's different.]

I hope this didn't offend, I meant to addmore, but I g2g.
icecube730 is offline Female
Old 02-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #23
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by icecube730
I'mma make my opinion clear, I do like rep. I like it, I enjoy it, it makes me feel good when I read those nice little coments that people leave for me. But, when I post a thread, I think if anyone made this thread before. In my personal opinion [excluding lissyxwebkinz, she had a valid reason] there should be 1 thread for each reminder. I've seen COUNTLESS reminders for that. For crying out loud, it's a sticky already, we don't need it too much. [Like I said, lissyx actually had an EXPERIENCE, that's different.]

I hope this didn't offend, I meant to addmore, but I g2g.
I agree with you on that one, icecube.

There are already a couple threads about posting PI (personal information), and most members would know about posting in light colors or blue/red. However, we do need reminders now and then.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 02-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #24
Gifted

luvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you 100%! Sometimes I get rep just for posting my opinion on a poll...I didn't ask for it, I just randomly get it! And then my really helpful posts get seen by no one, and I get no rep for those.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:19 PM   #25

turtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by gabbyz2
I'm not saying it isn't okay to give people reps on a thread. I undertsand that if someone makes a really helpful thread they deserve it but if someone just makes a thread just for rep points well, that's not okay. If you want to make a helpful thread you should do it because it is a nice thing to do not just because you think you will get rewarded with many reps. If you post a thread don't go "Fishing for Reps".

P.S. Please do not rep me for this. I'm not fishing for rep points.
Well, i think its ok. Maybe a person thinks another person is a great person/friend!!! Or maybe a PM/Profile Message was helpful. I think if u dont go out saying

"PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME A REP!" Its fine.
turtlegurl is offline Female
Old 02-05-2009, 10:06 PM   #26
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by Pandora's Box
Great points!

As you said, no one should make threads just to get rep. This should be just about helping people. Well, thanks again for this thread!
That is exactly how I feel.
Teamplaya2 is offline Female
Old 02-06-2009, 07:26 AM   #27
Gifted

gabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roost

Glad all of you understand!
gabbyz2 is offline Female
Old 02-06-2009, 06:42 PM   #28
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
I agree with you on that one, icecube.

There are already a couple threads about posting PI (personal information), and most members would know about posting in light colors or blue/red. However, we do need reminders now and then.
Yep, I can understand that I always try to at least read those threads, because sometimes I learn soemthing new
icecube730 is offline Female
Old 02-07-2009, 02:01 AM   #29
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Ha ha, I like this thread

I actually do not like creating new threads now. I like to respond to everyone when people post on my threads, so creating new ones means even more I have to keep track of. So if I def don't create threads to fish for reps, cause it's way more of a hassle than a benefit. So if I create one, then that means I really really really felt for a need for it.

I'm not sure that all people posting duplicate threads are so much fishing for rep as they just didn't search to see that other people created a thread talking about the same thing. I know, sometimes, they are right next to each other + someone might go "how hard is it to scan a page to see if people are talking about the same thing?", but I think it's easy enough to do that by mistake.
sno4270 is offline Female
Old 02-07-2009, 02:03 AM   #30
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Talking Re: Don't go "Fishing for Reps".

View Post Originally Posted by gabbyz2
I'm not saying it isn't okay to give people reps on a thread. I undertsand that if someone makes a really helpful thread they deserve it but if someone just makes a thread just for rep points well, that's not okay. If you want to make a helpful thread you should do it because it is a nice thing to do not just because you think you will get rewarded with many reps. If you post a thread don't go "Fishing for Reps".

P.S. Please do not rep me for this. I'm not fishing for rep points.
I agree! Reps are supposed to be a suprise inside! LOL!
badena2 is offline Female
Closed