Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #11
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Don't Give Them That Option!

If you put the option there, someone may click it. They may not like that type of pet or are just being mean. But people shouldn't put that button there in the first place. Well, if they have stronger feelings, maybe, but if you don't want a possibity of getting your feelings hurt, then don't do it.
Put a nicer sounding option like, 'that's not really my style '

Thank you!
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #12
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

It's up to the poll-maker, and the voter. If someone has that option, you have ervy right to click it. I use it, and if someone hates whatever it is, then that's fine with me. Everyone has different tastes, and if the poll-maker is OK with people saying that, then that's their choice.
Ivie is offline Female
Old 02-25-2009, 08:52 PM   #13
no
Webkinz :)

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Wink Re: Don't Give Them That Option!

View Post Originally Posted by ChihuahuaGrl16
well, we give them that option, but we hope that even if they DO pick that option, we don't want a big long negative/rude post about why those chose that option! They COULD JUST SAY :"Sorry, it's not my style....I like_________ instead" or something like that----we like constructive critisim---it helps you become a better person liked by all, but we don't want a long -drawn-out... "OMG THAT"S TERRIBLE! blah blah blah...."

Okay? do you see what I mean?

You should just put the option, other. A simple no can hurt someone's feelings, and that is the poll owner's decision. (I don't know why, but I have seen people get upset over a no.) It would be better if they didn't vote. See what I mean?
badena2 is offline Female
Old 02-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #14
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

I believe that if you don't want someone to say something negative, don't give them the option of doing so. For example, if you post a thread asking, "Do you think my favorite outfit is cute?" and YOU think it is, don't put "It's horrible!" as an option. Just put positive (It's great!) or neutral (It's okay) options.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 02-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #15
Whew I made it to a
Gift Guru

maynardg is a name known to allmaynardg is a name known to allmaynardg is a name known to all

agreed makes sense
Old 02-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #16
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Wink Re: Don't Give Them That Option!

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
I believe that if you don't want someone to say something negative, don't give them the option of doing so. For example, if you post a thread asking, "Do you think my favorite outfit is cute?" and YOU think it is, don't put "It's horrible!" as an option. Just put positive (It's great!) or neutral (It's okay) options.

I agree. That is the message I am trying to get across.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 02-25-2009, 09:03 PM   #17
hpfreaksyd

Fabiola is just really niceFabiola is just really nice

I couldn't agree more. I can't help rolling my eyes when people make polls like "Do you think I'm nice?" and rude people vote "Eww no" or something like that, then the pollmaker makes a board whining. In one scenario (I don't remember if it was this site or not), there was a poll that said something along the lines of "Would you like to be my friend?". One option was "No way" and one voter chose it. The upset pollmaker found out who it was and made a hate board against that person. I nearly screamed at my monitor!
Fabiola is offline Female
Old 02-25-2009, 09:03 PM   #18
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by badena2
I agree. That is the message I am trying to get across.
Yeah. I forgot to put "I agree", LOL!
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 02-25-2009, 09:04 PM   #19
Gifted

pianolover is just really nicepianolover is just really nice

Well, I agree partly. I agree that it should not be an option, because if you were to state it, it could be offensive. But, however, the user making the poll does have to assume that people might choose an offensive option. In my opinion, if you don't put a choice that could be offensive, then it works out for everyone.
pianolover is offline Female
Old 02-25-2009, 09:26 PM   #20
ChihuahuaGrl16
Banned
ChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond repute

i see your point, but it's the poll-makers choice and we just shouldn't whine if someone chooses that option...but i put it there because I like to know other's opinions incase they bring up a good point on something i could change :-)

see there's really two sides to the story...its all in how you look at it: Glass half full or half emptY?
ChihuahuaGrl16 is offline Female
Closed