Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 06:20 PM   #1
lucky3900
Gifted

lucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud of

Default Don't forget, WI has a log out button! It's Important to use it!

Whenever I was done posting on WI I would just exit out. Innocent right?
WRONG.
Please PLEASE use the log out button! It cleans out all the cookies and junk that some of the ads contain here on WI. They aren't TOTALLY harmful but too many could bug up your system!

Curious where that button is?
I've included a pic! Don't forget, log out and clean out too!
Click the image to open in full size.

Here is the pic when you log out!

Click the image to open in full size.

Another way to get those icky bugs out...
1. Click "Tools" on your toolbar!
2. Click "internet options"
3. Look for a little icon that looks like a timer and then a button that says "Delete Browsing history"
4. Click Delete Cookies!

Last edited by lucky3900; 12-13-2008 at 06:54 PM..
lucky3900 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2008, 06:25 PM   #2
Gift Guru

tokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: Don't forget, WI has a log out button!

Oh, thank you so much for telling us! I never thought about that and I usually just exit out. I will remember to log out each time from now on! Great reminder! Thanks again!
tokyo rose is offline Female
Old 12-11-2008, 06:26 PM   #3
ub my hubbykinz
Webkinz :)

MsSchoolBus flows towards the sea of knowledgeMsSchoolBus flows towards the sea of knowledgeMsSchoolBus flows towards the sea of knowledgeMsSchoolBus flows towards the sea of knowledgeMsSchoolBus flows towards the sea of knowledgeMsSchoolBus flows towards the sea of knowledgeMsSchoolBus flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 

Wow! Thank you for the tip. I never even thought to look for a 'Log Out' button. Your post made me think twice about how some of those tricky bugs get into your system.
MsSchoolBus is offline Female
Old 12-11-2008, 06:27 PM   #4
lucky3900
Gifted

lucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud of

Thanks everyone!
Old 12-11-2008, 06:27 PM   #5

kaylacakes is an unknown quantity at this point

i always log out but this is a really good reminder to people who dont usually use the log out button
rep to you!!
Old 12-11-2008, 06:31 PM   #6
lucky3900
Gifted

Thank you for the REp!
Old 12-11-2008, 06:35 PM   #7

awsome is a glorious beacon of lightawsome is a glorious beacon of lightawsome is a glorious beacon of light

Ok, thanks for the heads up. Rep points for you since I do that all the time. Why does it build up cookie viruses in the ads?

---------- awsome added 1 Minutes and 12 Seconds later ----------

Sorry, but it won't let me give you rep points, why?

Last edited by awsome; 12-11-2008 at 06:35 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
awsome is offline Female
Old 12-11-2008, 06:36 PM   #8
lucky3900
Gifted

Well I was on the computer and it had this little "eye" icon in the corner and I clicked on it and it had a list of aLL the cookies I had accumlated and there were a LOT! Anyways I'm not sure if it's from the ads but I think it is because why would it be from WI?

---------- lucky3900 added 0 Minutes and 21 Seconds later ----------

Maybe because you've given it to me already and you have to spread it around?

---------- lucky3900 added 0 Minutes and 22 Seconds later ----------

I looked at my rep and you gave me it! Thanks for it!

Last edited by lucky3900; 12-11-2008 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-11-2008, 06:39 PM   #9
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

I usually just exit out too to save me time logging in on my next visit, but mention the cookies clearing and bugs and stuff made me realize I need to log out. . Logging in when you visit again maybe takes 1 minute or 2, no big deal.

Rep points comin' to ya.
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 12-11-2008, 09:47 PM   #10
lucky3900
Gifted

Thank you svmmonkey! I'm so glad that you liked it!

---------- lucky3900 added 182 Minutes and 40 Seconds later ----------

Anyone else want to share?

Last edited by lucky3900; 12-11-2008 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed

Tags
i don't get it, in the sun, log out!