Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

Default A 'donations of items' sticky?

I'm sorry, the headline of "donation of items" sticky doesn't really explain what I'm thinking... but I wasn't sure what else to put in there!

I've been looking around, and haven't seen this anywhere (except for GG's to donate to GC's) and I was wondering if there is a place for us to go if we'd like to donate some items to for all the wonderful contests and giveaways they do. IF there's not, I think it would be a great thing to have here in WI, as I know I've always wanted to help donate some items, and I know lots of others have wanted to do this, too.
Maybe an account could be set up to 'hold' items that are donated for a giveaway/contest (virtual items) or there could be a way for us to donate a plushie with the unused codes, so that they code could then be used in the giveaway? (I know the emailing of codes would not work, because there is no way to confirm it's unused, but if we could send real postal mail of a plusie with the tag, then that tag could be used as a prize).

Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part, but I would really love to be able to help contribute to WI in this manner. What do you all think?
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #2
Is Back!
Gifted

Jumping Wizard is a forum hero
Jumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum hero

Arrow Re: A 'donations of items' sticky?

I don't think there's one... not sure... but that's really kind of you to want to do that for the staff here! How thoughtful! Have a spectacular day, Mama!

Jumping Bean
Jumping Wizard is offline Male
Old 02-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #3
PEEP!
Gift Guru

adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence
adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: A 'donations of items' sticky?

I think that donating items would be a great idea. I have a lot of stuff people consider to be really good that is just sitting in storage.
adrkmfdm is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
Webkinz :)

Strawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledge

I like your idea! Donating items would be great because that way it wouldn't just be Justin and Wendy (and maybe some Mods/Admins) giving away their items, it could be WI members "sharing" items! Maybe if you donate an item, you could get a little sign or something next to your name... kind of like the one you get if you donate money to WI (the little "Donor" sign)!
Although it would be a neat idea, it would be hard to progress. Justin and Wendy (or Mods/Admins) would have to add a lot of people to their Kinz Phone, and that can take sometime. Maybe the people that could donate could only be GT's and anyone above that rank.. but then it might be unfair to some people who would want to donate. Hmm, that might take some thinking as to how that would work... but other than that, I think this is a great idea! Rep to you!

---------- Strawberry Jam added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later ----------

OH! And donating plushies without a code is a wonderful idea as well! I would love that!

Last edited by Strawberry Jam; 02-14-2009 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-14-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
Tim Gunn is a
Gift Guru

kateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud of

Yep, funny story, my account happens to be the one that holds priceless donations...LOL! That is a very good idea since they do so much for us. It also would help them create more contests so people who are just starting can get those hard to find items! Rep to you!
kateannec11 is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 09:40 PM   #6
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

This is a FANTASTIC idea!

I think there is already an account that the admins have set up for donations though. You just have to PM them or contact them somehow to let them know you want to donate.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #7
maltingheartforcats
Gift Guru

swisscheese101 has disabled reputation

I think I recall something where you could donate items to the GT program.. I would donate if I knew how to..
swisscheese101 is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 10:00 AM   #8
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

Thanks for all the wonderful comments and support. I know that there is an account set up for those to donate to Gift Coaches, but I've only seen the info for this provided once I became a GG. I'm guessing that there are other accounts set up to receive donations, but I've not run across any threads pertaining to them.
I do agree that having a donation account would be a LOT of work, but maybe a trusted mod or admin could be incharge of caring for the account donations, and accepting the friends requests for it. (And I know, they already do soooo much, so this just might not be feasable).
But I'm so happy to hear that there are so many of us that would like to be able to donate to WI and help out like this.

---------- Mama Girl NH added 709 Minutes and 53 Seconds later ----------

Good morning... does anyone else think this would be an asset for WI? please let us know! Thanks!

Last edited by Mama Girl NH; 02-15-2009 at 10:00 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #9
uvs Kris Allen ♥
Gifted

rocky654 is a glorious beacon of lightrocky654 is a glorious beacon of lightrocky654 is a glorious beacon of light

I think that already has this when you can donate money for contests & to keep the site up and running
rocky654 is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 10:27 AM   #10
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by rocky654
I think that already has this when you can donate money for contests & to keep the site up and running
Hey Rocky... thanks for posting. I know that there is a spot to donate money to the site, but I am question whether or not a spot is set up to donate virtual items (you know, like lavas, or retired holiday items) for WI to use in contests. Something along those lines... I thought it would help prevent the same people from giving away all their goodies, and I know lots of people would love to donate to a good cause. Thanks so much for posting!
Closed