Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 08:40 AM   #31
ell,I♥FieldHockey
Webkinz :)

webkinzwaiter is the cats pajamas!webkinzwaiter is the cats pajamas!webkinzwaiter is the cats pajamas!webkinzwaiter is the cats pajamas!webkinzwaiter is the cats pajamas!webkinzwaiter is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Doesn`t telling what grade level you`re in....

I would never give out personal info because i don't feel like fighting for to not get kiddienapped
webkinzwaiter is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2008, 08:52 AM   #32
Give a
Gift Guru

kinzdreamer has disabled reputation

I find this a bit unfair we already know many people on here are kids.
kinzdreamer is offline Female
Old 12-19-2008, 08:58 AM   #33
montanarose9

I understand it's a rule and I have never done it, but why can't you post your age?
Old 12-19-2008, 09:01 AM   #34

Softball_Luva33 is a splendid one to beholdSoftball_Luva33 is a splendid one to beholdSoftball_Luva33 is a splendid one to beholdSoftball_Luva33 is a splendid one to behold

I saw a thread called 'What state do you live in?' and people were giving out states...Is that legal?
Softball_Luva33 is offline Female
Old 12-19-2008, 09:07 AM   #35
MadTVstewart

That could give away their age. I skipped 4th grade but my grade still gives away about how old I am.
In a short version: Bad people can get you if you give out any personal info, don't.
Even though I can still tell how old people are by looking at things like grammar, spelling, attitude, "lingo", Disney Channel avatars xD, and context clues. Creepy.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:27 AM   #36

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

I was not sure if you are making a statement or asking a question. I don't think that giving info is bad as long as you don't give exact info. like name, house address, school you go to parents credit card info that kind of stuff. I am smarter then that anyway. no one uses their real name on here or most other places. If they do then they must not care about personal privacy or safety. you can only worry about yourself, you cannot make others do the same . It is a choice. Sissy
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 12-19-2008, 10:37 AM   #37
BC is a

Maddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to behold

Strictly speaking, once you turn 13 you're allowed to give out all the personal information you want. COPPA is only supposed to protect the information of kids under 13.

But yes, I agree with you

xD

---------- Maddiebear added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Softball_Luva33
I saw a thread called 'What state do you live in?' and people were giving out states...Is that legal?
Yeah, as long as it's not your town or area. So you can't say you live in the Chicago area [which I don't]

Last edited by Maddiebear; 12-19-2008 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Maddiebear is offline Female
Old 12-19-2008, 10:49 AM   #38
Cαℓℓ mє Sαяαн

hereigns56 rocks our collective sockshereigns56 rocks our collective sockshereigns56 rocks our collective sockshereigns56 rocks our collective sockshereigns56 rocks our collective sockshereigns56 rocks our collective sockshereigns56 rocks our collective sockshereigns56 rocks our collective sockshereigns56 rocks our collective socks

Yes, giving out your state is allowed but your grade is unacceptable. (so i've heard)
Old 12-19-2008, 11:08 AM   #39
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru

Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

No, you aren't supposed to post your grade level, because as you said, all someone has to do is a bit of Math and they can figure out how old that person is. So WI doesn't allow for the posting of grade levels for that reason. Anytime you see something like that, flag it or if it's on a profile, send a link of the place on the profile and tell where it is to a Mod or Admin for that person's safety.

---------- Polarity added 7 Minutes and 0 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by montanarose9
I understand it's a rule and I have never done it, but why can't you post your age?
For your safety, since there are sooo many members on here, and you don't know if any of them would take your information and use it for their own reasons. I wish I remembered where that thread was that showed how just posting small things like age, state, etc. could lead someone to find out more about you than you think. It was a good thread that really made you aware of being careful about posting stuff like that.

Also, Justin and Wendy and everyone else want to be able to have a site that all ages can go on and be totally safe. One way to do that is not post information that is personal, and age is personal....just ask any woman over the age of 21 how personal it is...haha But seriously, it is considered personal information and they want the safest site out there, so that's why you can't post that.

I know that people over 18 or 21 can post ages, I think, but they still advise them not to as well, so that everyone can be safe.

Last edited by Polarity; 12-19-2008 at 11:08 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Polarity is offline Female
Old 12-19-2008, 02:06 PM   #40
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

You aren't allowed to post your grade level or your age on WI.
vanvan20 is offline Female
Closed