Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 11:41 AM   #21
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

Default Re: Do closed threads get deleted?

The reply button is not available, usually a thread is closed and you submitted a message without refreshing your browser.
pokemon2 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2009, 11:44 AM   #22
Do you like cake?
Webkinz :)

rachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud of

A thread is closed if the maker of the thread requests it to be closed. It can also be closed if no one has posted for about 2 weeks. If a thread has brocken the rules, it will be delited. (:

View Post Originally Posted by jazzykinz
My problem with the threads are the fact that while reading you have some thoughts and hit the REPLY button and start typing your response. When you hit SUBMIT it seems like it takes forever, then finally you see it, the dreadful: THIS THREAD IS CLOSED.

My question is: Why is the REPLY button available if the thread is closed??
I think while you were typing the thread was closed, so you would have to somehow refresh the page to know.
rachel21 is offline Female
Old 09-13-2009, 11:44 AM   #23
owzers, I sure am
Gifted

soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!

Interesting point you bring up!

I would personally find it best if threads didn't close at all. Breaking the rules should be a good reason to close/delete a thread.... but other than that I don't really see any harm in keeping them open...
soccerox7 is offline Female
Old 09-13-2009, 12:11 PM   #24
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by rockermom
I have a question.

This has been happening a lot lately.

I find a thread that I find interesting. I read the Title and the first post and it interests me, so I read on to see what others say.

So I type out something I find meaningful and thoughtful and save it to my notebook. Then I scroll to the bottom of the thread only to find it has been CLOSED.

Now........YES I am learning my lesson and scrolling all the way to the bottom and seeing if the thread has been closed before typing my reply.
However, it feels almost useless or even worthless to me
You can find out if a thread is closed on the first post.

Just look on the left just above the date and you will see an icon that says "CLOSED" if the thread is locked - look at this closed post to see - http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...people-554533/

Threads close automatically (in most sections) if no one has posted for a few weeks - or if a help topic has been answered or if Moderators feel the issue has been discussed fully.

I think these are all great reasons to close a thread - many people don't do what you do and simply read the first post and then answer - often you will see the same solution to a problem posted many times by people who all think they are helping.

All you need to do is post yourself every few weeks on any threads you are interested in will stay open - if the thread is over 3 weeks old then no one will see that great response you've spent all that time writing.

Last edited by Jarrah; 09-13-2009 at 12:15 PM..
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 09-13-2009, 12:20 PM   #25
green =/= creative
Banned
x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!

nope, otherwise we'd all have 0 posts! xD
x pookie x is offline Female
Old 09-14-2009, 03:08 PM   #26
Don't get knarky wit
Webkinz :)

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by x pookie x
nope, otherwise we'd all have 0 posts! xD
This is also true; when a thread gets deleted, the number of posts you have on there are deleted, therefore they are taken away from your post count. I once lost 300+ posts on one thread...but we won't get into that.
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Old 09-14-2009, 04:18 PM   #27
what is going on
Gifted

lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

I've had experiances with that too. Most of the time with avvie and siggie shops. i see a really eye-catching title, but then see it's closed.

I believe eventually closed threads will get deleted, but only the really old ones. Otherwise, they stay open.
lilhorselover is offline Female
Old 09-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #28
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

As far as I know, all closed threads get saved. That way, if one is on an important topic, it's there for anyone to read but not post on.
AsH xO is offline Female
Closed