Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber
Default Do closed threads get deleted?

I have a question.

This has been happening a lot lately.

I find a thread that I find interesting. I read the Title and the first post and it interests me, so I read on to see what others say.

If I think I have something that I can offer the member I will (sometimes) go to my notebook and write something out.
Because I have lost SO many posts because they were not saved and I got logged out or something.

So I type out something I find meaningful and thoughtful and save it to my notebook. Then I scroll to the bottom of the thread only to find it has been CLOSED.

Now........YES I am learning my lesson and scrolling all the way to the bottom and seeing if the thread has been closed before typing my reply.
However, it feels almost useless or even worthless to me.......when I read "Please HELP me!" and I read through what happened.......only to find it has been closed.

Kind of like a Garage Sale Sign that is still up for LAST weeks Sale? You read it and get excited about it, only to find it is not there?
Or a lost puppy dog flyer that you help in scanning the area for only to find once you contact the owner that the flyer is old and the puppy is home safe and sound.

I do not know. Maybe it is just me. But I am getting frustrated running into old threads that are closed. And I am wondering when and how they get deleted? I probably have some out there myself!

Does anyone know? or feel the same way?
rockermom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2009, 10:54 PM   #2
Gift Guru

stbernard07 knows the way
stbernard07 knows the way

Default Re: Do closed threads get deleted?

Some closed threads get deleted if they break the rules... Others I think may be recycled. Others just stay there. Though I'm not totally sure because I don't know much about what the WI staff does or how vBulletin works in this way.

Last edited by stbernard07; 09-12-2009 at 10:57 PM..
stbernard07 is offline Male
Old 09-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #3
Toph is a
Gift Guru

cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible

I can always check for the lock on the thread to the left, that alerts me, what annoys me is if it closes WHILE I'm typing a response .
Some get deleted, but many don't. Those that get deleted generally are against the rules, otherwise they're stored - but I think that WI might have a program which deletes REALLY old unpopular threads, but I don't know.
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Old 09-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #4
1collector
Gifted

wkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

in the help section if it says closed it is because they already got the help they needed.

If you look at this thread you can select best anser and it will close it. (it says select this as the best answer beside the "re: do old threads get deleted" on the responce posts)
wkwcollecter is offline Female
Old 09-12-2009, 10:58 PM   #5
Yay! I'm finally a
Webkinz :)

WebkinzLover531 has a spectacular aura about

Well usually they don't, if it was closed because the rules were broken then they will be delelted. But if it was closed just to, I guess clear up space for WI or for any other reason, then it won't be deleted
WebkinzLover531 is offline Female
Old 09-12-2009, 11:09 PM   #6
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

It should say Closed at the top left also, but closed and deleted are 2 different things...not all closed threads are deleted.
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 09-12-2009, 11:15 PM   #7
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

Why are closed threads not deleted?
Old 09-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #8
1collector
Gifted

wkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

closed threads just means people cant post to them.

But they are kept just in case someone else wants to read them
wkwcollecter is offline Female
Old 09-12-2009, 11:17 PM   #9
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

WI Subscriber

oh ok that makes sense
Old 09-12-2009, 11:18 PM   #10
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

Closed is just because there's no more need for any more posts. But no rules were broken or any reason to delete it outright.
Jennielou is offline Female
Closed