Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 02:10 AM   #11
nseguin
Webkinz :)

ftegal is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Disturbing Advertisements...

The weight loss add that the creator of this thread posted is also a scam add. I had found an add for the same product and I tried it out, (it was not this same exact add, but the same product). Turns out that you get the initial product free, just pay shipping. But after that they just keep sending more and billing your credit card. They give you a phone number to call to cancel the service, but no one ever picks up the phone. I ended up having to cancel my credit card just to cancel the service.

I was always under the impression that these types of forums could choose the themes of ads shown. Am I wrong?

It is bad enough to see these ads but the fact that they are scams really upsets me since this site has a large audience of kids and young adults who may easily be persuaded that these ads are legit. I admit, I fell for it. But now I want to do all I can to prevent others from falling for it.

Maybe if we all make an effort to note and post these ads, the admin can weed them out one at a time.
ftegal is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2009, 04:44 AM   #12
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

I don't know that you can choose your ads. Unless a forum goes ad free there isn't much one can do about this type of advertising these days. Being ad free would cost us all money to be a member here and the site owners are trying to keep this forum open to all. In an open forum, the advertisements are allowed because those people contribute to the sites money wise in order to get exposure. The sites benefit from it because they are being paid for. Someone has to pay for this space and picture loads and all that. On some forums the content of the advertising is chosen by what content is on the site, but on the forum I once owned..I never could figure out the connection between my forum and certain ads. This is an unfortunate thing about the internet. We all have to be subjected to stuff we don't like and is inappropriate.
Tula is offline Female
Old 06-09-2009, 05:49 AM   #13
✞ Walk by Faith ✞

dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy
dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy

Ugh! I know. I hate ads like these. Right now, there's one up advertising a 'dietary suppliment pill' with some interesting pictures. I do agree that some of these ads are inappropriate, but what can we do?
dumblonde693 is offline Female
Old 06-09-2009, 05:55 AM   #14
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

Yes, I see that one lately. It is very disturbing and really not kid apprpriate for 6 year olds here on WI. I'm sorry, but WI can't help this unless you become and Insider Insider. So, if you do not like them very highly, become an Insider Insider.
Emma8432 is offline Female
Old 06-09-2009, 06:31 AM   #15
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by xKittyKinz13x
Around the forum lately, I have seen some downright disturbing & disgusting advertisements lately.
(of course, when i go to search for some, they're all hiding.. lol)
but for example, this:
Click the image to open in full size. i really doubt any of us want to see this.
is there a way for WI to monitor the ads? maybe have kid-friendly ones only?
thanks for reading. ♥ amanda
Some adds slip through. If you see an ad that bugs you,take a screen shot of it and PM it too a Mod or Admin. They'll take care of it.
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 06-09-2009, 06:36 AM   #16

friendsforever9 is just really nicefriendsforever9 is just really nice

i hate these ads very much! and i agree there are 6 year olds in here can't it be an ad for a kid toy or something?
friendsforever9 is offline Female
Old 06-09-2009, 06:57 AM   #17
nseguin

ftegal is on a distinguished road

It is easy enough for the adults on the site to upgrade so there are no ads to annoy us, but how many kids are going to be able to do that. There really should be some way to categorize ads for kid targeted sites.

Is it possible to switch to google ads on this site?
ftegal is offline Female
Old 06-09-2009, 06:59 AM   #18
Gifted
bawtneez is a forum hero
bawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum hero

Donation Award 

As far as I know, WI can't control the ads...But, I do wish they could be taken down.
bawtneez is offline Male
Old 06-09-2009, 07:11 AM   #19
Gifted
a72b75c77 is just really nicea72b75c77 is just really nice

I love the new Insider Insider subscription. For a yearly fee I can visit WI ad free. It's a good way to keep the site free for those who want free and subscription for those who rather pay for an ad free site. I love it.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:15 AM   #20
Gift Guru

lauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talent

Its unfortunate but every where you look you will see ads like this...on billboards, tv, mags,etc.
No its not kid appropriate but its important for adults to remember that we can't control the outside world we can only control what we teach our children about the outside world. My biggest beef with these types of ads are that they are dangerous to our young women. Every where you look these days we are seeing images of women that are unrealistic. We need to remember to teach our young women that they are beautiful and that they don't need to live up to some unrealistic idea of beauty. My M. Monroe avie( I hope ) serves as a reminder to all that if you don't think beauty comes in a larger size than you are wrong because Miss Monroe wore a size 14!!!
lauraanne is offline Female
Closed