Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #1
Call me Mo Mo!
Webkinz :)

sciencegirl87 has a spectacular aura about

Default Display Name-Please read & consider

UPDATE: I just created a poll where you can vote if you like this idea, please click here

Hey guys, its Mo Mo here, and I have a suggestion for you to consider.

I have had this webkinz insider account for-two years or so, and I honestly have to say that I no longer like my account name, I have out grown it.
I know that you are not allowed to have more than one webkinz insider account, but I was wondering if maybe there was some way to change your user name, or maybe have a "display name". I have seen this on other sites, where you have your user name, and also a 'display name'. This could be anything at all, for example, your first name, or your nickname, or another user name you prefer to be called by. This "display name" can be changed at any time and you are not stuck with it. Also, it's completly optional, if you are comfortable with just your user name, than you dont have to have a display name.

Please share your thoughts on this and if you have any other ideas, I'd be happy to hear them.
Thank you for reading this.

Quote:
Unless both your User Name and Display Name were both shown, it might be a little confusing if you keep changing it all the time. There are a lot of threads that I subscribe too that I'm always looking for "ABC" user and if they change it to "DEF" one day and "GHI" the next, I might never find them again.

But, if both were displayed, that would be cool... then we could call youby your Display name in posts and stuff but look for you by your username.
Yes, I think that would be confusing. But what if you could search for someone using their user name, but underneath your user name on your posts or on your profile, it said your "display name". Remember, its the idea that the display name is not replacing your user name, its just something extra, or what you would like to be called by. And its completly optional.

Quote:
Again, let me clarify that the display name would be completly optional. If you like your user name, thats fine, if you dont, thats fine again. People would search for you by your user name, that way there is no confussion, however, the display name would be what you would prefer to be called by, or an alternate name, if you, like I am, do not like your user name. It will not take the place of the user name, it would be just what you would like to be called, if you choose to have a display name.

Quote:
I have to say that is a great idea, but I do not understand all of it. You could just post in the W "Call me _______" or something like that, right?

That is true, you could just do that. However, the idea for me was more of if you don't like your user name anymore. And having a display name would avoid confussion concerning the "" line.

Quote:
This would be really confusing because in the GE, you're GE has to be under a the letter you're name starts with. If you were constantly changing it then places lik that would be chaos.

I'm not sure how exactly that works because I am not gifted, but I think that possibly (and please correct me if I'm wrong), your user name could be connected with the "letter your name starts with". As I said before, your display name would not take the place of your user name. It would be an additional line when you post things, just like "(webkinz world ID)" is.
The "(webkinz world ID)" does not take the place of your WI user name either, it is just an addition.

Catherine made these two pictures to demonstrate how your display name would possibly look like (thanks!!!):

Click the image to open in full size.

or

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by sciencegirl87; 08-17-2009 at 11:01 AM..
sciencegirl87 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #2
I ♥ British

iluvginger33 is a name known to alliluvginger33 is a name known to alliluvginger33 is a name known to all

Default Re: Display Name-Please read & consider

Great suggestion!
iluvginger33 is offline Female
Old 08-14-2009, 03:52 PM   #3
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

Great idea!

I go on another vBulletin forum,and this is an option,but only staff can change it. You just have to ask them and they'll change it.

But here on WI,it won't be changed unless you have a really good reason (Examples: Personal Information,Rude or Mean,etc.).

Anyways,great thread!

Last edited by lizzyxwebkinz; 08-14-2009 at 04:09 PM..
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 08-14-2009, 03:53 PM   #4

AdamLambertROX has a reputation beyond reputeAdamLambertROX has a reputation beyond reputeAdamLambertROX has a reputation beyond reputeAdamLambertROX has a reputation beyond reputeAdamLambertROX has a reputation beyond reputeAdamLambertROX has a reputation beyond repute

i love this idea! I like my username, but it would be helful to people who have usernames that they are outgrown from...... like say MrsJonas.....then u stop liking the jonas brothers.....
AdamLambertROX is offline Female
Old 08-14-2009, 04:01 PM   #5
It's fun to be a
Gifted

bubbanight is a glorious beacon of lightbubbanight is a glorious beacon of lightbubbanight is a glorious beacon of light

Unless both your User Name and Display Name were both shown, it might be a little confusing if you keep changing it all the time. There are a lot of threads that I subscribe too that I'm always looking for "ABC" user and if they change it to "DEF" one day and "GHI" the next, I might never find them again.

But, if both were displayed, that would be cool... then we could call youby your Display name in posts and stuff but look for you by your username.
bubbanight is offline Female
Old 08-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #6
acky april fools!!
Gifted

ducttapequeen is a splendid one to beholdducttapequeen is a splendid one to beholdducttapequeen is a splendid one to beholdducttapequeen is a splendid one to behold

that could get confuzing, if you continually change your display name, people might think you are a different person every time! that would be very confuzing for whoever was your buddy!!
ducttapequeen is offline Female
Old 08-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #7
Call me Mo Mo!

sciencegirl87 has a spectacular aura about

Yes, both would be displayed.
sciencegirl87 is offline Female
Old 08-14-2009, 04:07 PM   #8
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

Hey Mo Mo!
That's a great idea! I don't really have a problem w/ my username, but I'd like to put up 'Catherine' as my display name or something like that, so members can call me that instead of by my username. I'm sure many other WI members would find it handy as well! Teehee, I bet you'd change yours to Mo Mo, would you?
Repp! =]
~♥~ Catherine ~♥~
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 08-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #9
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

I would love this, if like... when people PMed you and searched for you and your posts, they would do it by your username, but then when people saw your posts, it would show your display name. Like, my friend and I are on a proboards site where it has display names and we're constantly changing them to different things. One time I had "And Avvy said" and then her display name was "Let there be Foreign" and it was cool.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:44 PM   #10
Banned
FireFlyz is a name known to allFireFlyz is a name known to allFireFlyz is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by bubbanight

I agree with you on this!
Possibly if V-Bulletin allows it, we could have our Display name towards the top and then our Usernames underneath the display name, perhaps a bit smaller..

Awesome suggestion, though because one day I will eventually get tired of my User Name!
FireFlyz is offline Female
Closed

Tags
cheese!