Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2015, 03:56 PM   #21
•| ❣️ ѕoх ❣️ |•
Webkinz :)

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Discussion on how to revitalize WI?

View Post Originally Posted by robertcleveland
I didn't start the club, I loved it enough to make sure I post to keep it open.

As long as we don't lose any more of the wonderful people like the ones that have posted here We can make it. I for one miss Dragonbird and her 2 funny takes on blunders by Ganz, and off the wall humor.
I agree. I hope we don't lose anymore wonderful members of WI . I also miss old members who have either quit, taken a break, or whatever may have happened. I'm not on that much bc school has started for me and I have taken on some difficult classes this year. But regardless of that, I try to post and stay on as much as possible and whenever I can
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2015, 03:13 PM   #22
Serving Up Wacky
Gift Guru

robertcleveland is the all night partyrobertcleveland is the all night partyrobertcleveland is the all night partyrobertcleveland is the all night partyrobertcleveland is the all night party
robertcleveland is the all night partyrobertcleveland is the all night partyrobertcleveland is the all night partyrobertcleveland is the all night partyrobertcleveland is the all night partyrobertcleveland is the all night partyrobertcleveland is the all night party

I have a suggestion, everyone that has a GE re-open it and visit other open GE's to keep up interest, I was looking around the GE section and I was very disappointed by the many closed ones, ghost towns breed additional ghost towns, activity spurs more activity.

I have kept my GE open so any one that was interested could visit , by having it open I have made a couple trades recently, as long as people are trading the GE will still be open.
robertcleveland is offline Male
Old 10-12-2015, 04:52 PM   #23
Star Wars Fan<3

nancygurl is the light at the end of the tunnelnancygurl is the light at the end of the tunnel
nancygurl is the light at the end of the tunnel

I wanted to join the GE, but no one new can join
nancygurl is offline Female
Old 10-12-2015, 06:02 PM   #24

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I think that in order to keep this website alive, it's going to take more than members walking on eggshells and trying to be really good, or members trying to keep tired old threads alive by bumping them up now and then. It's going to take the founder to update things that only he can update, and implementing more staff members who have time and energy to keep things moving in a positive direction here.
I appreciate that members here are posting Webkinz news and updates. I really do appreciate that. I also appreciate the members who are posting interesting new threads that are thought-provoking. I am also trying to keep posting fun things, but....
in reality, it's going to take a new effort from the top to really keep it alive. I don't see that happening, so I hope that members here don't blame themselves when the site goes down. It's like parents getting a divorce. It's not the 'kids' fault. It's the choice of the 'parents' that it's happening. Don't blame yourselves. You guys are awesome, and I'm very grateful to have gotten to know you here.
Desty is offline Female
Old 10-12-2015, 06:09 PM   #25
Serving Up Wacky
Gift Guru

robertcleveland is the all night partyrobertcleveland is the all night partyrobertcleveland is the all night partyrobertcleveland is the all night partyrobertcleveland is the all night party
robertcleveland is the all night partyrobertcleveland is the all night partyrobertcleveland is the all night partyrobertcleveland is the all night partyrobertcleveland is the all night partyrobertcleveland is the all night partyrobertcleveland is the all night party

View Post Originally Posted by nancygurl
I wanted to join the GE, but no one new can join
I wish more could join Too , I have made some suggestions , but the process moves slowly .

I don't think you can see how many GE's there are most of them closed, dozens for each letter of the alphabet , I was in the F-I section the other day pages of listings 8-10 or more I forget , so if half re-opened think of how much activity that would generate !!!

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I think that in order to keep this website alive, it's going to take more than members walking on eggshells and trying to be really good, or members trying to keep tired old threads alive by bumping them up now and then. It's going to take the founder to update things that only he can update, and implementing more staff members who have time and energy to keep things moving in a positive direction here.
I appreciate that members here are posting Webkinz news and updates. I really do appreciate that. I also appreciate the members who are posting interesting new threads that are thought-provoking. I am also trying to keep posting fun things, but....
in reality, it's going to take a new effort from the top to really keep it alive. I don't see that happening, so I hope that members here don't blame themselves when the site goes down. It's like parents getting a divorce. It's not the 'kids' fault. It's the choice of the 'parents' that it's happening. Don't blame yourselves. You guys are awesome, and I'm very grateful to have gotten to know you here.
Sorry friend, I don't think pessimism is going to help, everyone doing a little more will !!!

Last edited by robertcleveland; 10-12-2015 at 06:09 PM..
Old 10-12-2015, 08:42 PM   #26
Is happy
Gift Guru

4000kitties is the rainbow on a rainy day4000kitties is the rainbow on a rainy day
4000kitties is the rainbow on a rainy day4000kitties is the rainbow on a rainy day4000kitties is the rainbow on a rainy day4000kitties is the rainbow on a rainy day4000kitties is the rainbow on a rainy day4000kitties is the rainbow on a rainy day4000kitties is the rainbow on a rainy day4000kitties is the rainbow on a rainy day4000kitties is the rainbow on a rainy day

I applaud your efforts to revitalize the WI and please continue all your efforts.

I actually wrote this several weeks ago. Thank you Desty for posting and giving me the courage to post.

Sadly the WI, like all forums is losing out to social media, add in declining WW members, loss of moderation and obsolete software and it is only a matter of time until the WI disappears. None of these can be fixed easily by the users.

I would suggest posters ask themselves these 3 questions:

How did you find WI?
What made you decide to join WI?
Why do you keep coming back to WI?

In my case I found WI doing an internet search looking for answers to the problems in WW.
I joined so I could ask my question.
I came back because posters answered my questions and gave me answers to questions I had not even thought to ask.

Use your answers to think of ways to help the WI.

The lack of moderation is hurting the forum simply because posters are not sure where to post and this results in multiple threads on the same topics. A good example of this is the 3+ threads all concerning the fall floaties or the several threads about the new game. In the old days moderators would have closed and combined threads to keep topics together. That way posters saw answers and questions all together and did not have to ask questions that had already been answered and received an answer to their question much quicker.

My suggestion would be to help out the moderators by pointing posters to one thread, pick the first one or the one in the most appropriate category and post only on that thread, except a post to direct to the first thread.

Posters want to be answered. That is why they are posting.

Instead of trying to make friends of users who are on line why not post answers to the latest questions or your thoughts on the latest topic? Good posts are what drive a forum not PMs.

Going down the forum and answering a bunch of old posts does nothing to make posters want to read or post. Constantly posting Ganz's mantra “clear your cache and email Ganz support” likewise is usually of little use. That is exactly what Ganz used to say when they had phone support. Often I see this posted and it seems as if the posters are not even reading the thread because it is a totally inappropriate response. If you don't have an answer post “I don't have an answer” not clear your cache and email Ganz.

Tracking threads should not be constantly posted. These posts tend to bury other threads and yet give little information. They should only be posted when the object being tracked is found.

If you go back to the beginning of the tracking threads it will give you an idea of how difficult it used to be to find Mr. Moo with all the different zones and parks. In the beginning he did not show in all parks at the same time. Posting when he is not there would not matter except that the tracking thread is in the General Chat section and buries other posts that I feel would interest far more posters then the few who might care that Mr. Moo is not in the park.

Post on the tracking threads only when the thing is there. For example instead of 12 posts in 12 hours saying no Mr. Moo post just one when he is there. I don't want to know Mr. Moo is not there, I want to know he is there.

The GE is dead because Ganz has killed it. Ganz has given away almost every item from the past 5 years numerous times. There are almost no more real collectibles. I don't trade simply to trade, I trade to give other traders what they want for items I want. Unfortunately most of the users are looking for and have the same things as I do.

The front page could be fixed by simply posting at the very top: "For the latest news go to the forum" and make it a link. I would not post anything about the inability to update the front page, I think it makes newcomers think the site is down.

Thanks for reading.

I am not posting this to make posters upset or feel attacked. I am posting this in the hopes of generating a real conversation with the goal of finding realistic solutions.

4000kitties is offline Female
Old 10-12-2015, 08:56 PM   #27

cbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truth
cbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truthcbjhockey climbs the tree of truth

I just wanted to quote a little piece of 4000kitties post to respond. Know that if nothing else at least one moderator is checking in on this thread and reading.

View Post Originally Posted by 4000kitties
The lack of moderation is hurting the forum simply because posters are not sure where to post and this results in multiple threads on the same topics. A good example of this is the 3+ threads all concerning the fall floaties or the several threads about the new game. In the old days moderators would have closed and combined threads to keep topics together. That way posters saw answers and questions all together and did not have to ask questions that had already been answered and received an answer to their question much quicker.

My suggestion would be to help out the moderators by pointing posters to one thread, pick the first one or the one in the most appropriate category and post only on that thread, except a post to direct to the first thread.
You are absolutely correct. In the old days, members would flag such situations so that the first available moderator could look into the situation and combine when needed. I am around at least once a day as are others. We are happy to combine/clean up posts but that process needs to be simplified in the same manner as always (i.e. members flagging to let us know).
cbjhockey is offline Female
Old 10-13-2015, 10:54 AM   #28
Serving Up Wacky
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by cbjhockey
I just wanted to quote a little piece of 4000kitties post to respond. Know that if nothing else at least one moderator is checking in on this thread and reading.

You are absolutely correct. In the old days, members would flag such situations so that the first available moderator could look into the situation and combine when needed. I am around at least once a day as are others. We are happy to combine/clean up posts but that process needs to be simplified in the same manner as always (i.e. members flagging to let us know).
Thank you CBJ for being here, and being such a great Mod for so long !!!
Old 10-13-2015, 11:50 AM   #29
Go XYZ!

Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness
Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness

My opinion on the Mr. Moo tracking is this:

One of the reasons we post when Mr. Moo is not in the park is that it saves time for others. For example, if I wanted to know if Mr. Moo was in the park, but nobody had posted anything, I would make special effort to go to the park. If someone posted that Mr. Moo was NOT in the park, it would save me time and I would not take the time to log into my Webkinz account and go to the park.

It really doesn't take much time to click on this link to see if Mr. Moo is in the park or not. It does take more time to go to the park to find out if he is there or not (especially with all the please waits and lag time).

We all know that Mr. Moo only comes 2 x a day, so it isn't as important to track once he is there twice. However, I usually do, because I'm always hoping that there is a third visit.
Queen of Sheba is offline Female
Old 10-14-2015, 10:10 AM   #30
Serving Up Wacky
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Queen of Sheba
My opinion on the Mr. Moo tracking is this:

One of the reasons we post when Mr. Moo is not in the park is that it saves time for others. For example, if I wanted to know if Mr. Moo was in the park, but nobody had posted anything, I would make special effort to go to the park. If someone posted that Mr. Moo was NOT in the park, it would save me time and I would not take the time to log into my Webkinz account and go to the park.

It really doesn't take much time to click on this link to see if Mr. Moo is in the park or not. It does take more time to go to the park to find out if he is there or not (especially with all the please waits and lag time).

We all know that Mr. Moo only comes 2 x a day, so it isn't as important to track once he is there twice. However, I usually do, because I'm always hoping that there is a third visit.
Makes sense to me .
Closed