Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2015, 06:44 PM   #1
e Are The Light
Webkinz :)

designergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fish
designergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fish

Default Discussion on how to revitalize WI?

I think it has become pretty clear that the site itself is glitching and does need some work. It is also clear that there is not enough hours in the day for the few active mods to do everything that needs done. I think this is completely understandable. It is said Justin is the only person who can fix those things, however, I think there is more we as WI members can do to restore certain sections of WI. This won't be in the form of physical updates so much as either volunteering with WIKI or doing our part to filter our own conversation. The less of off topic posts, reopening threads and dealing out appropriate member penalties for breaking our forum rules the mods have to do, the more time the existing mods have to start working on other issues this site is facing. Here are a few things I think we could start doing directly off the bat to help combat these challenges.

1. Rather than asking mods to reopen threads we can update the threads we want to keep open so they won't close.

2. We can stop complaining about Justin being inactive and mods not doing enough. The mods that we still currently have are doing more than their share of work. There is nothing we can do about inactive mods or Justin's inactivity and complaining about it will only turn off new members!

3. Don't try to avoid or ignore the rules. When the mods do log on they have reports to take care of and PM's asking questions about exactly how 'such and such rule' works. I am pretty guilty of this. I mean, always asking questions when I really could probably find the answer myself if I looked hard enough. This will greatly free up the mods time.

I am not trying to call anyone out but I have reported several posts which mods have quickly removed here on WI. I think that if we were to all do our best to follow the rules with dedication there is also a better chance of future advancements.

4. Starting or more actively posting on threads. I am guilty of lagging behind on updating my house thread (Though with Webkinz X I haven't been playing hardly at all.....). The more webkinz related information we post the more we will come up in search results. New WI members are probably going to be active webkinz players.

5. I just did this today! Posted a thread and then thought, oops, this isn't on the rules list but it could be questionable even though it seems harmless! Better contact a mod! Instead just don't waste the mods time by posting the thread in the first place. I will try to remember this in the future!

I was hoping someone could enlighten us on how one could volunteer with WIKI. I do think there would probably be at least a couple of members willing to dedicate time to that.

Thanks to monkeecj for providing the information below!

Quote:
Contributing to the WIki is as simple as adding missing or new information to a page. This thread has information about getting started and the basic features of the WIki:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...basics-557972/

Additional editing tips can be found in the stickied threads in the WIki Discussion sub-forum:

Wiki Discussion
With all of these duties out of the mods way they will have more time to focus on things like the front page and new ideas on what a revised trading system here on WI could look like. Keep in mind these are things for the mods to discuss. The purpose of this thread is how we can do our part to enable them to make the changes we have all been wanting. Rather than just complaining about the lack of interest in the site.

Thank you girlzluvtoplay for this idea!
Quote:
would it be a good idea for us to have a single thread with announcements on it for the pet adoptions and new stuff in webkinz world that the members start?
If we do it in a professional manner, it could take the place of the front page for a bit until the mods can once again get it running.

I also realized today that the lack of committed members and hosts for our contests section is in a rather sorry state! My recent contest has closed because no one could find time. Which is fine. I completely get that. But it comes off looking rather bad for our site. Like "Oh, these people can't even finish a contest." All that stuff piles up. Some more webkinz related contests with decent prizes could help draw some active members who still play webkinz out of hiding. ONE ROUND contests to start with. So everyone has time to completely commit.

Thank you all for taking to time to read my post! I plan on adding to it later with more information!

Last edited by designergirl101; 09-26-2015 at 10:28 AM..
designergirl101 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2015, 09:03 PM   #2
hat even
girlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicness
girlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Discussion on how to revitalize WI?

Thanks for taking the time to post this! You definitely had some great points here.
girlzluv2play is offline Female
Old 09-25-2015, 10:21 AM   #3
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen
monkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizenmonkeecj is a crafty citizen

View Post Originally Posted by designergirl101
I was hoping someone could enlighten us on how one could volunteer with WIKI. I do think there would probably be at least a couple of members willing to dedicate time to that.
Contributing to the WIki is as simple as adding missing or new information to a page. This thread has information about getting started and the basic features of the WIki:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...basics-557972/

Additional editing tips can be found in the stickied threads in the WIki Discussion sub-forum:

Wiki Discussion
monkeecj is offline Male
Old 09-25-2015, 12:32 PM   #4
Truly Gifted :)
Gifted

mattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicness
mattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicness

This has been a topic that I've posted about many times before, if anybody from a few years ago is still here they will definitely remember me. In 2012 and 2013 I posted here like crazy, I guess I never thought that activity could decline so much from 2013 to 2015, I mean like this site is coming up on its 9th birthday, a forum with over 200,000 members. I still love WI of course. When I joined the forum was pretty well nearing the end of its glory days but I still got to see the tail-end of what it once was.
I myself would be willing to help out with updating the wiki and stuff, school is busy right now so I'm busy however I'm going to try to be more active here again.
I sure hope we can revive this site, because it would be absolutely amazing to see a WI like the one I used to know again.

Though I think what contributed to most of this sites decline was the decline of webkinz world itself, this is a webkinz based site and with the decline of webkinz itself how do we get members here is the question.

I'll keep checking back here to see your ideas, I think this can be a good thread.
mattyboo1 is offline Male
Old 09-25-2015, 05:43 PM   #5
e Are The Light

designergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fish
designergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fish

View Post Originally Posted by mattyboo1
This has been a topic that I've posted about many times before, if anybody from a few years ago is still here they will definitely remember me. In 2012 and 2013 I posted here like crazy, I guess I never thought that activity could decline so much from 2013 to 2015, I mean like this site is coming up on its 9th birthday, a forum with over 200,000 members. I still love WI of course. When I joined the forum was pretty well nearing the end of its glory days but I still got to see the tail-end of what it once was.
I myself would be willing to help out with updating the wiki and stuff, school is busy right now so I'm busy however I'm going to try to be more active here again.
I sure hope we can revive this site, because it would be absolutely amazing to see a WI like the one I used to know again.

Though I think what contributed to most of this sites decline was the decline of webkinz world itself, this is a webkinz based site and with the decline of webkinz itself how do we get members here is the question.

I'll keep checking back here to see your ideas, I think this can be a good thread.
While there is less interest in Webkinz itself all new members to our forum will be interested in webkinz. Meaning we may need some more webkinz related topics circling.
designergirl101 is offline Female
Old 09-25-2015, 06:45 PM   #6
Gifted

mattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicness
mattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by designergirl101
While there is less interest in Webkinz itself all new members to our forum will be interested in webkinz. Meaning we may need some more webkinz related topics circling.
There are many members left here who do not regularly play webkinz anymore. But I definitely do see your point though.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:26 PM   #7
•| ❣️ ѕoх ❣️ |•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

Thanks for this thread!
I think if we actually tried doing what you have suggested above I think it could actually work out Because complaining about how things are not getting done isn't going to get them done, it's only going to cause annoyance and rage. I definitely think all the points you covered on your thread so true. Hopefully with the work of all the WI members left I think it could actually work out, but we all need to do our parts/our share of what needs to be done for it to perfectly work out
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Old 09-25-2015, 07:30 PM   #8
hat even
girlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicness
girlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicnessgirlzluv2play is epic beyond epicness

would it be a good idea for us to have a single thread with announcements on it for the pet adoptions and new stuff in webkinz world that the members start?
girlzluv2play is offline Female
Old 09-25-2015, 10:02 PM   #9
Is happy
Gift Guru

4000kitties is the rainbow on a rainy day4000kitties is the rainbow on a rainy day
4000kitties is the rainbow on a rainy day4000kitties is the rainbow on a rainy day4000kitties is the rainbow on a rainy day4000kitties is the rainbow on a rainy day4000kitties is the rainbow on a rainy day4000kitties is the rainbow on a rainy day4000kitties is the rainbow on a rainy day4000kitties is the rainbow on a rainy day4000kitties is the rainbow on a rainy day

View Post Originally Posted by mattyboo1
There are many members left here who do not regularly play webkinz anymore. But I definitely do see your point though.
This is why I rarely post even though I read WI almost everyday.

How can you help or advise other WW players if you do not play yourself?

4000kitties is offline Female
Old 09-25-2015, 10:21 PM   #10
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by 4000kitties
This is why I rarely post even though I read WI almost everyday.

How can you help or advise other WW players if you do not play yourself?

I personally rarely play webkinz anymore, though i use to be crazy addicted to it. I still come on here to see what's going on though.
Closed