Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   Discovery critics (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/discovery-critics-449531/)

kinzdreamer01-01-2009 10:50 PM

Discovery critics

If you are like me you have at one time posted something you saw on WW and thought it was new, undiscovered. I once had this thread for the "fishy" ad hinting at the goldfish. At first people said "Cool I never saw that yet!". Eventually they started saying things like " Well duh that was in the news..." It hurt my feelings because if you actually checked the date and time I made it you would find I made it before it hits the news headlines.
When you see threads like these or threads with people wondering what a particular item is don't act obnoxious please just give them an answer or comment, whether they found something new or not. You chose to post there.
I even heard that people replying can be hurt because other say "Someone already said that."
Even better someone should make a "What Is It" thread where people post mystery items they experience difficulty identifying. Someone who recognizes most items and has access to a database w/photos (not me). Anyone agree/disagree?:idjut2:

angel511201-01-2009 10:53 PM

Re: A new rude

i agree!, i have seen A LOT of this on webkinzinsider! i think someone should do something!

01-01-2009 10:55 PM

Oh I know what you mean...people should really check the dates of a thread before criticizing its content. Except usually you don't need to check the date if the thread is by me...you usually can go right ahead and report me =o

Sunnygirl01-01-2009 10:59 PM

I completely agree! You have a wonderful point here. I too, have seen that happen on threads and felt so bad for the person who had posted it. It even bothers me to see it happen to the people who have posted a thread after the fact. No one deserves to be treated with disrespect. I am truly sorry that has happened to you. Thumbs up to you for posting this!

Tango01-01-2009 11:02 PM

Oh, I think that instead of a "what is it?" thread, that should be a section of the forum!! Love the idea!!

kinzdreamer01-01-2009 11:03 PM

Thanks I like all your well thought-out responses.

Trouble01-01-2009 11:04 PM

There is no need what-so-ever to be rude. Even if it is a late post. The person who made the post believe they are helping ppl.. I always believed if you have nothing good to say than keep your mouth shut (or in this case - your typing).

kaykay199401-01-2009 11:06 PM

I completely agree. In fact that has happened to me, and I think it should be stopped. I think you have a GREAT idea

edwardcullen88801-01-2009 11:07 PM

I know how you feel it happens to me quite a bit.

ChihuahuaGrl1601-01-2009 11:12 PM

I'm constantly feeling bad for the person who might be new or just young, or just hasn't seen the newz headline and then all these people come at [like] a mad rush at them and start saying mean things, and I try my best to console the attacked member-people are too harsh and too quick to judge on here! We all need to take a deep breath *sigh*, and remember others feelings .
Golden Rule : Treat others how you would want to be Treated