Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 08:06 PM   #11
weevie97
Webkinz :)

mantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Disagreeing vs. arguing...

great thread . thanks for the reminder . rep
mantateelover is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2008, 08:07 PM   #12
WhiteTerrierFan

Thanks for posting this great thread! There is a fine line between arguing and disagreeing. Sometimes people won't always agree with others opinions, but that's going to happen wherever you go. You just need to learn to work with it and try to deal with the situation in the best way possible. There will be disagreements about things, but if both parties discuss their opinions on it, they can work it out, and arguing won't be necessary. For example:

Example #1:
Cindy: I don't really like Twilight. It's not my style of reading.
Rachel: YOU HAVE TO LIKE TWILIGHT. IT'S THE BEST BOOK.

Example #2:
Rachel: Twilight is my favorite book. Have you read it?
Cindy: I tried reading, but I didn't like it very much.
Rachel: Ohh, what is your favorite book?

As you can see, example 2 is the better way to go. Rachel likes the book, but Cindy doesn't, and although they disagree they still continue to discuss other things, while in example 1 they argue because one of them doesn't like the book.

It would be much better to talk in a conversation like example 2, and would prevent arguments just because people have different opinions on something.

REP to you!
Old 12-31-2008, 08:13 PM   #13
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

i completely agree, and i have felt those affects firsthand.

the e-store thing in my signature is a prime example. my PM box was once full of things such as "boo e-store, you rock!!!", or "you stink, e-store rocks", and people would start arguing with me. but now people respect my opinion. and i like it. who knows, one day i may like the e-store, and it will start again.

but coming from soneine with experience, i feel your thread is about tolerance, and it is needed here on WI.
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 01-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #14
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I agree, on WI, in the real world, anywhere, it's possible for you to feel attacked by people's words. And, sometimes if you don't even realize you can be attacking people with words as well.
It can be purposely or by pure accident. Just saying, 'oh yeah, I think harry potter is freaky, no offense.' Well first off, the whole freaky part can make someone feel like a freak and that can REALLY hurt feelings. Then 'no offense.' Saying 'no offense' doesn't take the offense out of it.
You just really have to be careful with this.
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Old 01-02-2009, 12:19 AM   #15
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

Yup, just because one user's opinion does not agree with yours, that doesn't mean that your opinion is LAW, and everyone elses must be that way also.
icecube730 is offline Female
Old 01-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #16
World's largest
Webkinz :)

Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by BackFlip15
I agree, on WI, in the real world, anywhere, it's possible for you to feel attacked by people's words. And, sometimes if you don't even realize you can be attacking people with words as well.
It can be purposely or by pure accident. Just saying, 'oh yeah, I think harry potter is freaky, no offense.' Well first off, the whole freaky part can make someone feel like a freak and that can REALLY hurt feelings. Then 'no offense.' Saying 'no offense' doesn't take the offense out of it.
You just really have to be careful with this.
I agree, I can't tell you the number I times I have seen no offence used when it is clear that the person would be offended. For example: 'I think that is a stupid thing to say, no offence.' Or 'I don't mean to offend anyone but that is dumb.' Of course people are going to be offended, you can't take that away by saying 'no offence.' If you feel the need to add 'no offence' to what you've said, chances are, you need to rephrase it before you click reply...
Closed