Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

Default Different colors for the FAQ & Rule button?

Lately I've been seeing a lot of help threads that could be solved if the poster read the FAQ's. Although this may not be the reason, it might be that the members do not notice the green FAQ or Rule buttons. Perhaps we could have the colors changed to Purple Floral Fox purple?
Just a thought I had. Thank you for reading!

it's been solved.

Last edited by Lake; 06-25-2010 at 12:58 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #2
Gift Guru

Baby_G has disabled reputation

Default Re: Different colors for the FAQ & Rule button?

hmm...i get your point. a lot of people don't really see the rules and faq buttons (either that or they don't care ) and lots of pointless threads are created that can be answered by either reading the rules or faq. hmm...maybe not a color change, but more like a size change?
Old 06-16-2010, 09:41 PM   #3
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

If fluorescent green won't attract people's attention, nothing will.

All questions asked here, or most of them, have their answer handy somewhere nearby in the forum. You might know that the FAQ and Rules are in the banner, but still not think of looking there. That FAQ is a very big place to search with lots of subdivisions. The purpose of this forum and the Somebody Help forum are to point people in the right direction, without hurting their feelings.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 06-16-2010, 09:59 PM   #4
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

I find the WI Blue and the particular green together hard to see, that's all. I figured others might feel that way too. . .
Old 06-16-2010, 10:29 PM   #5
I'm Ashlyn (:
Webkinz :)

starbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshine
starbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshine

The neon green stands out, But pink stands out more.
starbucksfun is offline Female
Old 06-16-2010, 11:34 PM   #6
ccgramma is just really niceccgramma is just really nice

Neon green does not show up well on my screen. Very difficult to read--especially with strange fonts.
ccgramma is offline Female
Old 06-17-2010, 01:20 AM   #7
pee queen

webkinzro is an unparalleled talent
webkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talent

Good Idea :Nod: I think the admin red draws my attention all the time :]It would be bettter if they were bigger and maybe bright Admin red....In bold print.It would stand out and people would see it better.The red draws my attention-A lot if it's in bold and big
webkinzro is offline Female
Old 06-17-2010, 06:02 AM   #8
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

That green is pretty bright. The only thing that could possibly be a little more obvious is bright red.

I do know what you mean. Reading the FAQs is a must on any site. It answers so many questions.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 06-17-2010, 07:51 AM   #9
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

Yeah, in the help section, at least maybe a fourth of the threads could be answered by reading the FAQ. I agree that it should stand out more in the nav bar.
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 06-17-2010, 09:41 AM   #10
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

There are many members who love answering these questions, they are the ones working towards their 50 non-fluff posts for the GE application.

The neon green against the blue background show up very well on my computer, a lot better than against the pale grey of the forum skin. Neon Green shows up best (FAQ and Rules), then the Orange (Donate and Subscribe). Everyone's computer varies a bit on colour, but I think on most, these colours stand out well.

It's true that the answer to most questions is found somewhere on this forum, either in the FAQ's, or in a guide or in the WIKI. However it's not always obvious where the answer will be.
Take "How do you become a Moderator?" it's in the FAQ's, but it takes me forever to find it, and that's after finding it 50 times already... and I know it's there. Someone who doesn't know, doesn't stand a chance to find it. So they ask.

Members here are of various ages and abilities, and allowances must be made. Many will ask the question here rather than search for 20 minutes or an hour or more... and who can blame them?
Webberlily is offline Female
Closed

Tags
goldendoodle