Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 08:20 AM   #1
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default The Difference Between PMing and Posting On Profiles

I thought this could be brought to attention, and i'm not saying anyone does this, well i don't know but....

Pming-
Private
Safer

Profile Posts-
Non-private
Not as safe as PMing

Some people PM places they're going to their friends in real life. That's okay! (= But if you post something by accident on a thread like your birthday, and that's your password, they can hack into your account and look at your PMs. Including stuff like adresses, phone numbers, places... you name it, if you PMed it, they got it.

Some people don't realize that PROFILES aren't private! I can't stress that if someone can hack into your account, they sure can go and see your profile or a friends. This could get serious if you post an address publicly or in anyform. Just call your friends to give them adresses. And hey, if you don't have their number cuz they're on WI you shouldn't give it to them whether you want to, or if they want you to. If THEY want you to then report them immediatly. (=

This wasn't to scare you or to be in harsh tone, just trying to remind you. (=

Flipperz
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2008, 09:18 AM   #2
webkinz_forever

Default Re: The Difference Between PMing and Posting On Profiles

Thanks soo much for mentioning this. Much too often to I see personal talk on profiles. Way to go!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:20 AM   #3

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

Great point.
Because this is an online forum & there is always a chance someone could get into your acct.
It's probably best not to share that kind of information through PMs anyways... just wait until you see the person in person again.. or email them. A little more secure.

also would like to say -
if your PW is your birthday, phone # or other piece of information like that... (mom's bday etc ) probably would be wise to change it... those are generally the first thing people will guess if they are looking to get into your account.
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 10:17 AM   #4
Gift Trainee

susanbeth is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sorry I don't post very often anymore but as you can tell I am on insider frequently and I love this site. I am just not as computor savy as most and I feel pretty much like an outsider. I try to enter the contests but I think Im not really entered. I try to add important things I have found on ww but it always seems like old news. I have asked for help but I never see any one taking the time to answer me. I just get skipped over. Please don't get me wrong, I know that a lot of the issues are on my end and this site is the best. I now have 3 ww sites and nearly 100 kinz. I can't seem to figure out how to get a screen picture to work and transfer to WI. I am using an HP Pavillion Entertainment Pc with vista, so if anyone has any sugestion please help. Do I need to have Officeor another special program? Your help is greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Susanbeth.

---------- susanbeth added 2 Minutes and 4 Seconds later ----------

See what I mean, now my post is in the wrong place and no one will ever see it or repy

Last edited by susanbeth; 10-08-2008 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-08-2008, 10:20 AM   #5
Webkinz :)

bonairgirl is on a distinguished road

thank you for adding this pm info. whenever I have a problem I look to Webkinz Insider and it is always there because we have such a great group of supportive players
bonairgirl is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 10:40 AM   #6
Lad
Webkinz :)
Ladystrac is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info...still new to all this and I'm not even sure what the difference is anyway!
Old 10-08-2008, 07:14 PM   #7
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Thank you to everyone whom looked or posted! Remind your friends (=

---------- BackFlip15 added 103 Minutes and 50 Seconds later ----------

Thanks again ya'll! (= lol

jb... (just boredd xD)

Last edited by BackFlip15; 10-08-2008 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-08-2008, 07:23 PM   #8
call me jenny(:♥

JonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all around

thanks for the reminder! i have seen too much of that, and hopefully people will stop. WI should be a safe environment for everyone
JonasBrothers<3 is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 07:37 PM   #9
mommysaysim
Gifted

Thanks for posting, remind your friends! (=
Closed