Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 04:19 PM   #31
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: The difference between constructive critisism and rude comments....

I find that when a sentence starts of with 'No offense...' I immediately take up the defense. I am ready for that 'BURN.' It shouldn't BE that way. You are right, for the caring people WE ALL are, that is the wrong introduction to a constructive critique. Construct means to build. We want to build our budding Artists confidence Find the GOOD in their work and zero in on it if that is all you can do. Confidence allows them to BUILD their talents. You build them; they build their experience
Dixiecup is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2008, 04:31 PM   #32
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!

Thanks for bring that to everyone's attention. I have not seen alot of that, but I do not spend that much time in the art area.
Teamplaya2 is offline Female
Old 12-25-2008, 02:12 AM   #33
is pony PERFECT!
Gifted

WebkinzOnIce! will become famous soon enough

NO offence but this is a waste of a thread.... JUST KIDDING!!
It's totaly worth it! thanks and Amen to your exsamples!
Old 12-25-2008, 02:35 AM   #34
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

I do see your point{s} here, by the way, and you make a lot of valid ones...but {LOL} as I said there is unfortunately not one thing that covers everything/every situation {or type of person/their reaction}.

There is also another reason for saying something like no offense meant or please don't take this the wrong way -- in this medium {the internet, writing} the other person{s} can not see your face, expression{s}, body language or anything else that usually shows when someone is being serious, joking, trying to be helpful but can't find the right words, all sorts of things.

Also there are quite a few people that take anything that is said as offensive, even if it is merely a differing view point {and said as politely or tactfully as possible}. At the same time, since the comment{s} may or may not be what the original writer wanted to hear so in THIER opinion the comment was not 'nice' whether the poster/answerer meant it to be constructive or just their viewpoint being stated.

We have all seen this in these forums, more so lately with the continuing glitches on the other site because some won't hear anything 'bad' against the site and/or the company running it. However there are a lot of dissatisfied and unhappy people voicing their concerns, problems with the site in many ways, and so on in a reasonable manner but you will always see one or even several jumping in trying to make it an argument instead of a discussion {and they have/do/will take offense at anything written that does not believe and state exactly what they did}.

Since I tend to ramble I want to make sure that my main point here is repeated: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you IF YOU WERE THEM, and that pretty much covers most cases BUT still there are times it doesn't cover the situation/other person and there will be disagreements. Of course we all wish that things would stay on a discussion level and not escalate {there is no reason for it to do that} but it has happened. There are times when someone should just skip reading/responding to a post, too, but that doesn't happen enough, either! LOL Still, if everyone would realize that everyone else is entitled to their opinion{s} it would go a long way.
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 12-25-2008, 08:35 AM   #35
luv14webkinz

that is a great point! niced jib! i gave u a rep!
Closed