Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 01:40 PM   #21
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Did anyone think of this?

*IMHO*

If all you decide to write on a thread is 'cool' or 'awesome' or 'thanks' or 'wow', then we don't need it. WI can do without small 10 letter phrases. See, some examples.

Bad post
Omg cute *stupi10letterrule*

Good post

Wow, congratulations on your Persian! Henri is such a cute name! My persin's name is Bob. Maybe Henri could come over to my WW house? My ID is xxxx.
icecube730 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2008, 02:08 PM   #22
WhiteTerrierFan

It helps prevent spam. If you just put "cool" in the post, it is fluff anyway.
You could always put something like, "That's pretty cool. I love _______ about it," or you could ask a question or something. IMO if it was my thread, I wouldn't want people to just all reply by saying "cool!"
Old 11-30-2008, 02:12 PM   #23
^^Look up^^
Webkinz :)

m00sep00p is a jewel in the roughm00sep00p is a jewel in the rough

I disagree. If it's under 10 letters, then it's considered a "fluff" post...and we don't need it.
~m00sep00p
m00sep00p is offline Female
Old 11-30-2008, 02:16 PM   #24
maltingheartforcats
Gift Guru

swisscheese101 has disabled reputation

I agree, spam is not good..Its not hard to make a meaningful post!
swisscheese101 is offline Female
Old 11-30-2008, 04:59 PM   #25
Hebrews 6:19
Gifted

i love summer knows the way
i love summer knows the wayi love summer knows the way

IMO, I ♥ the 10 letter rule! It keeps people from typing fluff posts like:
cool
or
hi
or
thanks
or
lolz
You get the point. A post with more than 10 letters is typically way more thoughtful and helpful than a fluff post. Plus, as adressed above, you must have at least 50 nonFluff posts before you can enter the Gifting field. If you want to know how to make good posts, Gingerly has a sticky in this section of the forum about making good posts!
i love summer is offline Female
Old 11-30-2008, 05:27 PM   #26
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru

Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by icecube730
*IMHO*

If all you decide to write on a thread is 'cool' or 'awesome' or 'thanks' or 'wow', then we don't need it. WI can do without small 10 letter phrases. See, some examples.

Bad post
Omg cute *stupi10letterrule*

Good post

Wow, congratulations on your Persian! Henri is such a cute name! My persin's name is Bob. Maybe Henri could come over to my WW house? My ID is xxxx.
I completely agree! If I had a thread, honestly I wouldn't want someone to just post "Cool!" or "Good job" or "Awesome". Give me a reason why you think it is cool or awesome or why I did a good job.

Yes, you won't get gifted by doing that all the time, but there's more to it that that. By posting more, you are reaching out to others and you may make a friend in the process.

When people start doing that whole "Wow" thing, I tend to think they are just trying to boost their post count, and the thread they posted in was a way to do it, therefore, they don't mean anything by what they posted. That's not what WI is for, as far as I'm concerned. I have met a lot of really nice people on here, and I think for it to stay the caring community that it is, we need that 10 letter rule in place.
Polarity is offline Female
Old 11-30-2008, 05:48 PM   #27
Don't mess with us

oon23 is a name known to alloon23 is a name known to alloon23 is a name known to all

I agree with Polarity on this one.
oon23 is offline Female
Old 11-30-2008, 06:03 PM   #28
Call me Mo Mo!

sciencegirl87 has a spectacular aura about

I agree with you all about the "fluff posts", but on profile messages, it would be a lot more convenient, that's all.
sciencegirl87 is offline Female
Old 11-30-2008, 06:13 PM   #29
Gift Guru

MsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicness
MsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

If someone post a thread you should at least get a(an) commendable acknowledgment from them. The same with a picture, assistance, ect. That is my opinion.
MsHoliday is offline Female
Old 11-30-2008, 07:35 PM   #30
YAY! I am a
Gift Trainee
stylediva7 is just really nicestylediva7 is just really nice

The upside to the rule:
-it forces you to write a more meaningful and well thought out post. Instead of "lol," you would put
"that's so funny! Cool thread!"

The downside:
-it can get a little tedious to make posts longer when you don't have much to say.

I like the rule; it makes me feel like people are taking time to post on my threads.
Closed