Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   Deleting your own threads and posts (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/deleting-your-own-threads-posts-627609/)

invaderzimluv1305-30-2010 09:10 AM

Deleting your own threads and posts

i think it would be a helpful tool...i do not know if you have it, but it's certainly an option for vBulletin. i know this.
like, if you accidentally made a thread or post saying something that's not allowed on WI, you should have a option to delete it.
or you want a fresh, new start on here, you could delete all your posts. of course, you can't delete another person's post.
(this would also be helpful for visitor messages!)

opinions? :coolsmiley:

COWS4YOU05-30-2010 09:27 AM

Re: Deleting your own threads and posts

This would not be good in the Gift Exchange at all. Why would someone want to delete all their posts? If you made a thread accidently and want it deleted, just flag it for us and we will be happy to remove it.

pinky71905-30-2010 09:47 AM

I do not think this would be a good idea, why would you want to delete all your posts? Like Cows said it would not be good in the GE, besides you can already delete VMs. I see your point and yes at some times it would be helpful, like if you already have the answer to something so instead of it being closed just deleted, but this could get out of hand and hard for mods/admins to control.

Emma843205-30-2010 10:08 AM

Hmmm, It's a pretty good idea. But, not the "Delete All Your Posts" thing, because you would loose ALL of your posts...

pikachukick90005-30-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinky719 (Post 19562873)
I do not think this would be a good idea, why would you want to delete all your posts? Like Cows said it would not be good in the GE, besides you can already delete VMs. I see your point and yes at some times it would be helpful, like if you already have the answer to something so instead of it being closed just deleted, but this could get out of hand and hard for mods/admins to control.

but you could only delete your own! and clicking the ''delete all posts'' button would only if you wanted to start over!!!! and you could only delete your own stuff!!

samoyeds4305-30-2010 10:18 AM

I don't really think this would be the best idea, because it would kind of be cheating. Say you did something wrong, and someone flags the thread, but then you delete it, and when the mod comes to the flag, nothing's there. Also, you could just delete things not to get in trouble. As people have also said, it wouldn't be a good idea for the GE either...then, you could erase records of you having said something.

invaderzimluv1305-30-2010 10:24 AM

what's a ge?

Lunagrrl05-30-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samoyeds43 (Post 19563321)
I don't really think this would be the best idea, because it would kind of be cheating. Say you did something wrong, and someone flags the thread, but then you delete it, and when the mod comes to the flag, nothing's there. Also, you could just delete things not to get in trouble. As people have also said, it wouldn't be a good idea for the GE either...then, you could erase records of you having said something.

Exactly my point.

pikachukick90005-30-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invaderzimluv13 (Post 19563400)
what's a ge?

i think it's really supposed to be GS, but GE means gift exchange, which that means graphic shop.

megaly05-30-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samoyeds43 (Post 19563321)

I was thinking the same thing!