Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2008, 12:35 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

telogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of lighttelogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of lighttelogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of light

Default Deleting temp. internet history WORKED

I can NOW get into Curio Shop because I deleted temporary internet files!
waiting to see if there are consequences
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2008, 12:38 PM   #2
Gift Guru

mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!

Default Re: Deleting temp. internet history WORKED

I always recommend clearing cookies, cache, history on a daily basis..ww puts quite a load on the computer. It also works like a charm when you get the green screen of doom..clean it up and reboot daily
mom2hnemi is offline Female
Old 02-25-2008, 12:41 PM   #3
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by telogiatrisha
I can NOW get into Curio Shop because I deleted temporary internet files!
waiting to see if there are consequences
There should not be any consequences of you deleting them at all. Congrats. It is something a person should do OFTEN. It clears the internet cache and allows pages to load much faster. The only other thing that seems to work as well is the Disk Clean Up function. That will clear up a lot of other residual unneeded files. For that you go into your Start Menu in the far left bottom. Go to programs, accessories, system tools, disk clean up. Then you just delete those other unwanted files from your main drive (usually the C drive) that may have been left behind. Don't tick off any other selections, though. The ones your computer selected for you should do well enough. The only draw back is that you may have to log back in on Webkinz Insider.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 02-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #4

telogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of lighttelogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of lighttelogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by mom2hnemi
I always recommend clearing cookies, cache, history on a daily basis..ww puts quite a load on the computer. It also works like a charm when you get the green screen of doom..clean it up and reboot daily
Thanks for the advise. I'll start doing it regularly... but since I'm not computer savy...what's a cache? and how do you get to it?
Old 02-25-2008, 01:18 PM   #5
Brazilgirl101
Gifted

dcfrog101 has a spectacular aura aboutdcfrog101 has a spectacular aura about

I have never done that, is it possible to do it on a mac?
dcfrog101 is offline Female
Old 02-25-2008, 01:20 PM   #6

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
There should not be any consequences of you deleting them at all. Congrats. It is something a person should do OFTEN. It clears the internet cache and allows pages to load much faster. The only other thing that seems to work as well is the Disk Clean Up function. That will clear up a lot of other residual unneeded files. For that you go into your Start Menu in the far left bottom. Go to programs, accessories, system tools, disk clean up. Then you just delete those other unwanted files from your main drive (usually the C drive) that may have been left behind. Don't tick off any other selections, though. The ones your computer selected for you should do well enough. The only draw back is that you may have to log back in on Webkinz Insider.

Thanks for the directions. I'm not computer savy and would never have known how to do it!!
Old 02-25-2008, 02:22 PM   #7
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by telogiatrisha
Thanks for the directions. I'm not computer savy and would never have known how to do it!!
NP, Telogiatrisha! It is something that you should do at the end of your day on the computer. The other way really is just as simple. Up in your toolbar in the Upper Right Hand corner should be a 'sprocket' that has the word tools beside it.
You go into that sprocket and select 'Delete Browsing History.'
This will open up another box with options. Click every box, one at a time (wait for it to cycle through the contents) then go to the next button.
Attachment 65480
When you get to the LAST button it will open up another box, this box is important, make sure you check it because it gets rid of add-ons. Then click ok and you are clean for the day! OH yes, Mom2hnemi is right, you should reboot!
Attachment 65481
Dcfrog101 if you have a mac click History, then "Clear History" I think it brings up a similar menu of options.

Last edited by Dixiecup; 02-28-2008 at 12:36 PM..
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 02-25-2008, 04:04 PM   #8
spongiebobbie
Gift Guru

CatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Lol--green screen of doom! Agree that clearing on regular basis helps cut down on doom screen....just not sure if the only once a day works for me! Perhaps really do need to cut back!
Closed