Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!

Default Deleting Members

While I was scrolling through the members list I noticed that many of the users had 0 posts and that the last time they ever logged in was more than a year ago. So I was thinking maybe the Staff could just delete their account and possibly it would make run faster. It's really annoying to me that when I go through the list their are so many inactive accounts taking up space.
View Post Originally Posted by wikylo
I have some friends that didn't become active until a year after they made their account
Yeah but I mean sometimes people don't want their account anymore so many we can have a button or something telling the Staff that we don't want our account anymore and they can delete it. Cause I mean like people sometimes just make an account and don't want it anymore. Most people don't usually come back after a year or so.

Last edited by redstar55; 04-04-2010 at 06:54 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
Wacky Be
Gifted

wikylo is a creator of wonder
wikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonder

Default Re: Deleting Members

I have some friends that didn't become active until a year after they made their account
Old 04-04-2010, 06:54 PM   #3
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Some members register because of the many benefits, but choose not to post. We must respect that choice.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 04-04-2010, 06:57 PM   #4

redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!redstar55 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
Some members register because of the many benefits, but choose not to post. We must respect that choice.
Yeah, but some members haven't come on for like over a 2 years
Old 04-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #5
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Although your idea has some appealing features, I'm sorry to say that a "Delete my account" button is not in the works for several reasons.

I'm sure that these inactive accounts are not causing slower loading time or otherwise interfering at all in the workings of WI.

These inactive members are entitled to keep their accounts.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 04-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #6
katt †

cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Well I don't think thos would be fair,just in case the members ever change their mind.Maybe their just busy.
cloverpuppy10 is offline Female
Old 04-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #7
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

I don't think that they should delete the members account. Perhaps the members will come online some time! It may be because they were busy or had no time, but they suddenly did. Unless they ask to be deleted, their account shouldn't be.
MarielofRedwall is offline Female
Old 04-04-2010, 07:56 PM   #8
summertime‚ô•
Gift Guru

cutie patootie has a reputation beyond reputecutie patootie has a reputation beyond reputecutie patootie has a reputation beyond reputecutie patootie has a reputation beyond reputecutie patootie has a reputation beyond reputecutie patootie has a reputation beyond repute

that would've been cool, but when i first joined, i got so frusturated with designing my profile page, avatar, and signature, i almost left. then, i thought better of it and kept on playing. :] im not sure if it would prevent the loading time. i think the number of ppl on would prevent that. (:
cutie patootie is offline Female
Old 04-04-2010, 08:01 PM   #9
Gifted

labsrock has disabled reputation

Sometimes people (including me) will get frusterated if they can't figure things out, then they come back a year later and say i want an account on WI.. oh wait i have one! and they understand now.
labsrock is offline Female
Old 04-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #10
Autism Awareness

WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!

That wouldn't be fair....If I hadn't returned, and this was a rule *Which, thankfully is not* I would've been deleted by now. Rules are made for reasons. Both for the staffs' advantages, and our own.
WWhimsyDragon is offline Female
Closed

Tags
mockingjay