Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 07:23 AM   #11
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Delete all never used accounts?

You know, Mouse...I have a couple of real life friends who never post on here, BUT they are members, nonetheless. They have activated the accounts and they are on here a LOT, they just kinda 'lurk' on here and gather information.
I have also seen members who have been gone for over a year suddenly show up again. Things change in people's lives. If we delete 'inactive accounts' then my daughter, who is a gift guru, would have to start all over.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2009, 07:26 AM   #12
< 33
Banned
mouse4 has a reputation beyond reputemouse4 has a reputation beyond reputemouse4 has a reputation beyond reputemouse4 has a reputation beyond reputemouse4 has a reputation beyond reputemouse4 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm being misunderstood....I'm saying that accounts that have never been on or posted should be deleted, like totally inactive accounts. Not lurkers because they're on alot, lurking.

Does that make sense?
mouse4 is offline Female
Old 06-20-2009, 07:30 AM   #13
How many zeros?
Webkinz :)

000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity
000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity

doesn't inactive mean banned?
000000005 is offline Male
Old 06-20-2009, 07:37 AM   #14
webkinz_forever

This is a great idea. I think that all accounts which are lil' kinz with 0 posts should automatically, after a year or so, just be deleted, or put in some kind of 'bin' in which they can then contact the mods to get their account if they really need it later.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:40 AM   #15
Gifted

xoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clown

Great idea! Its slowing down the forum with all these inactive people. I remember when i tried joining the username i wanted was taken. then i searched the person and found they were inactive since a couple years ago. It would totally help new members by deleting people who have joined and never posted.
-Claire :]
xoxoilyalyssa is offline Male
Old 06-20-2009, 07:42 AM   #16
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

Well I wonder what message that would give people though that after they sign up and for whatever reason they don't use their account get kicked off. They might come and try to use it only to find they were dumped. That might not be the type of action that WI would stand for as its a friendly place. Besides having people registered and not using their accounts isn't affecting the site or our ability to do things here.

Message boards can't make people be active members. Some people are just not talkers. Maybe they joined once for one particular reason and had to let it go for a while. Perhaps they might be sick with a serious illness and won't be back for a year or longer. Since we don't know why they don't use their account..it doesn't seem that deleting the account is completely fair.

As far as names go for account holders, there are thousands of possibilities in spite of all the non active users.

Last edited by Tula; 06-20-2009 at 07:46 AM..
Tula is offline Female
Old 06-20-2009, 07:42 AM   #17

i_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talent

i think that's a good idea. They should have a 2 year limit. If they never log in once in that time, it will be deleted. However if they continue to log in every few weeks, but don't post, then they could stay. i think they shoul;d get a warning though, so that they know they have to post.
i_like_pie is offline Female
Old 06-20-2009, 07:56 AM   #18
I'm now a

x-tiff is a splendid one to beholdx-tiff is a splendid one to beholdx-tiff is a splendid one to beholdx-tiff is a splendid one to behold

I'm not sure about this because say there was a new member they only posted once then the next day they left for a 2 month vacation with no computer or anything else. They would be crushed if their account was deleted and they can't use the same username because someone already took it. I know they could make a new account but they would be known as a different person. I hope this is readable Lol well good idea anyways!
x-tiff is offline Female
Old 06-20-2009, 08:17 AM   #19
I be Shadow. >:D
Gifted

shadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clown

I totally agree. I think it's pointless to have all these members that haven't logged on in over a year. XD Maybe there could be some way, that they could keep their account from getting deleted if they didn't log in in a while. Like maybe they got grounded or had to move or something. There should be like an email warning, too.
shadowsown88 is offline Female
Old 06-20-2009, 08:22 AM   #20
(┓^ω^)┛))ヨイサヨイサ♪

MissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellence
MissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellence

I agree. But like Shadow said, there should be an e-mail warning, like 30 days before your account gets deleted? (Kind of like in WW! ) And if you haven't logged on for over a year, your account gets deleted. I really like this idea.
MissSparkle is offline Female
Closed

Tags
hailee, shadow eats tags - sc