Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

Default Could we get GAMES here in WI?

I think a huge part of the fun here in is being able to interact with other members... and wouldn't it be so much fun to actually have some games here in WI to play against each other?
I don't know if it's at all possible (programming, expenses, time and maintence, etc..) but that would be a feature I would ADORE having here in WI. Nothing complex, just simple games that you could play against other members, and maybe have a small "chat" bar to make comments back and forth during the game. Tic Tac Toe, or checkers? Card games or other small scale games that don't require lots of graphics.

Just a thought. What do you all think? (Thanks for reading, and for your comments.)
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
uvs the weim
Webkinz :)

SOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Could we get GAMES here in WI?

I would love to see that! Great idea
SOSO910 is offline Female
Old 02-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
Just another
Webkinz :)

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

Great idea!!
dandogkinie is offline Male
Old 02-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #4
I is a haven for a
Gift Guru

gReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wonder

Good idea..

but I copied the list of vBulletin's features....I don't think that's possible.

Here they are, maybe I missed something.

Scalable solution - database server and web servers can reside on separate machines.
MySQL back-end database
vBulletin can be run on any machine that can support PHP and MySQL (Solaris, BSD, Linux, Windows, Mac)
Written in PHP which makes for a fast and efficient product
Admin Control Panel
Moderator Control Panel
User Control Panel
Compliant with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) of 1998. See this page for more information: How to Comply With
General Forum Features
Threads

Thread display options - sort by, sort order, from date
Thread and forum subscription (notification by email optional)
Thread preview on mouse-over (optional, via Admin CP)
Active Users viewing thread shown
New Post Indicator
Printer Friendly versions on threads
Admin tools for Threads - edit/delete/move/lock/Make sticky/ etc
Email page to a friend option
Similar Threads displayed on all thread views
Linear, Threaded, Hybrid display views available
Supports BB Code in posts
Supports HTML in post
Smilies
Optional WYSIWYG or standard editors for posts and Private Messages
Attachment images (.gif,.jpg, etc) are no longer in the database (optional, via Admin CP)
Quick reply box (with optional "forced" click on post to quote)
Preview post option
Post rating
User reputation
Polls
Post Reporting - report posts to moderators
User post count
Admin tools for Posts - edit/delete/move/ etc
Preview safe attachments
Members

Member List
Member Search
User Style picker
Private Messaging
Buddy list
Member Birthdays shown on Forum home
Calendar Features

Supports multiple private and public calendars
Viewable public and private events (adminCP option)
Weekly, monthly and yearly views
Jump to Today option
Add single, ranged or recurring events
Add all day events
Option to show calendar event on forum home page (adminCP option)
Show events to specific usergroups (adminCP option)
Calendar Moderation
Private events reminder
Ability to add custom fields
General

Who's online
Search
User Control Panel Features
Editable user profile

This information can be viewed by other members from the member list. Custom user title, URL home page, date of birth, instant messaging medium, location, occupation, biography, interests, vB version, plus any other custom user fields that may be defined by the administrator
Profile pictures

Allows members to upload pictures that can be viewed in the users' profile.
Private Messaging

Pop-up notification when new PM received
Private Message Tracking
Private Message filing in custom folders
User Options

These include Daylight Savings options, forum style chooser, selection of notification types for PM, emails etc, thread display options, WYSIWYG editor options, language chooser, vCard downloads to allow the user profile to be placed into an address book
Attachment Management

View attachment statistics - shows limit and used space
View the attachments you have posted (link or thumbnail views available)
Remove attachments

Admin Defined Avatars
Custom Avatars - upload from your own computer or specify a URL
General

View and manage subscribed threads and forums
Calendar event reminders for subscribed events
Pop-up auto-refreshing buddylist with ICQ-style alerts when new buddies come online
Signature Editor
Email and password changes require current password
Joinable Public User Groups
Admin Control Panel Features
Styling & Templates

Templated system
Conditionals supported in the templates
Ability to create multiple styles which can be applied to different forums and users
Ability to upload / download styles and languages
Language & Phrase Management

Language manager - allows you to easily translate your forums in any language
Multiple languages supported
Phrase manager
Users & Usergroups

User registration options
User banning (by name & IP)
Global ignore user aka 'Tachy goes to Coventry' - when enabled all posts by the specified user will be ignored/unseen by other members. Automatically added to the all users ignore lists
Unlimited Moderators and SuperModerators
Permission system, based on user, usergroup or forums
Board Maintenance

Task Scheduler
Control Panel, Moderator & Task logs
Board statistics
Maintentance - Database backups, table repair
Post Prunning
Moderation

Moderation queues for user registration and posting
Calendar moderation
Import Facility

Import facility - import posts and members seamlessly upgrade from other bulletin board systems, including Infopop's Ultimate Bulletin Board, UBBThreads, OpenTopic, ezboard, and Ikonboard
Attachments

Multiple attachments and types (types defined by admin in CP)
Attachment thumbnails (requires PHP to have GD enabled)
Storage type options for attachements (database or file system)
Attachment moderation
General

Multiple calendars supported
Paid Subscriptions (PayPal, WorldPay, NOCHEX and Authorize.net)
Private forums
COPPA compliant
Server Settings and Optimisation options configurable via the adminCP
Editable FAQ for your own boards
Context sensitive help throughout the adminCP
gReTa is offline Female
Old 02-23-2009, 04:40 PM   #5
Not just a
Gift Guru

ImTara55 is a forum hero
ImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum hero

That would be REALLY cool! Awesome idea! I would be there a lot too.
ImTara55 is offline Female
Old 02-23-2009, 04:44 PM   #6
montanarose9

Yeah, I think it could be possible! Like for example, "Pacman". There could be a high score to beat, too!
Old 02-23-2009, 09:23 PM   #7
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

Oh my goodness Greta... LOL That was like me trying to read four foreign languages, upside down, using mirror images. LOL I am very impressed by what you responded with, but have to admit I have no clue what any of it meant. I am soooo not computer literate. I can turn my PC on and off, and use the standard apps, but I've got nothing flashing in my neurons that understood any of that. LOL I need to go back to school and take some computer classes! But THANK YOU for your post.

And thanks everyone else for your interest in this idea. I think it would be so much fun to be able to play a game against other members.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:30 PM   #8
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

vBulletin is what WebkinzInsider was created on. If GAMES is a feature, then it's possible WI will do it. I however, don't think it's an option. I think that WI should just stick to the forum. It's more for discussing, so I don't know if GAMES really would grasp any concept of WI. I like the idea though!
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Old 02-23-2009, 09:47 PM   #9
GumDrops

Hmm, although it is a great idea, I would rather there would not be any games.
I like just the talking and asking questions part of WI.
I mean we want to keep WI webkinz-related, not turning into a chat and gaming site.
I totally respect your ideas, I'm just stating my ideas.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:51 PM   #10
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by GumDrops
Hmm, although it is a great idea, I would rather there would not be any games.
I like just the talking and asking questions part of WI.
I mean we want to keep WI webkinz-related, not turning into a chat and gaming site.
I totally respect your ideas, I'm just stating my ideas.
Thank you, GumDrops, for your input. I value all input highly, and really appreciate your opinion. And YES, you do make a good point. This site is dedicated to webkinz-related info, and the sharing of conversations and questions centered around this. Adding games could be something that would shift the focus, like you say, and change the forum into a chat/gaming site, and I would not want to see that happen, either. So thank you for pointing that out, and I find myself agreeing with you that such a thing could have negative changes.

See... hearing all opinions is GREAT! Thanks so much for taking the time to post!
Closed