Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 09:08 PM   #11
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 
Default Re: Copying Posts

View Post Originally Posted by badena2
Thanks! =) I have seen people say don't copy threads, but then again don't copy posts.

---------- badena2 added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later ----------

I see things here on WI and on other sites. I have even seen a person in my class copy and paste for their report! :O They got caught. but I see many of these things every day.
Oh, so you've saw people actually copy and paste someone's post? Okay, yeah, that's plagerizing and isn't good. Thanks for letting me know
smvmonkey is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2009, 09:10 PM   #12
no
Webkinz :)

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Wink Re: Copying Posts

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
Yeah, that's a good idea for new members. I mean, the member that did that didn't copy my post, but it was a similar idea. Sorry about the confusion!
Oh! At least they put in their own words. Still, I think you would have appreciated a quote instead.

---------- badena2 added 1 Minutes and 28 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by smvmonkey
Oh, so you've saw people actually copy and paste someone's post? Okay, yeah, that's plagerizing and isn't good. Thanks for letting me know
No problem! I don't actually remeber where it was, somewhere in naming pets or something. They copied and pasted the exact same thing!

Last edited by badena2; 02-04-2009 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
badena2 is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 09:10 PM   #13
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by badena2
Oh! At least they put in their own words. Still, I think you would have appreciated a quote instead.

---------- badena2 added 1 Minutes and 28 Seconds later ----------

No problem! I don't actually remeber where it was, somewhere in naming pets or something. They copied and pasted the exact same thing!
Okay, reading these posts, I understand now, LOL, sorry about all that, I didn't quite understand
Old 02-04-2009, 09:12 PM   #14
no

badena2 defies all odds

Talking Re: Copying Posts

Okay, reading these posts, I understand now, LOL, sorry about all that, I didn't quite understand
Its OK! I could have worded it better!
Old 02-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #15
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by FunnyHoney
People copy and paste their posts all the time in the "Hi my Name is Joe" section of the forum.
I think Badena meant posts that OTHER people made ... the ones in the "Hi my Name is Joe" are people that have a set greeting they post that they made themselves, that they post the same thing in different "Hi..." threads.

A copied post would be like Badena coming up with a really cool explanation, maybe how to use a feature in my page. Then I come along, copy the text, and post it in another thread as if I made up the whole thing. It's real easy to have the same post without copying for simple stuff, but for longer posts it's more likely someone copied another person if the text is the same, cause most people have different ways of writing than each other.
sno4270 is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 09:27 PM   #16
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!

I agree with you, I have also seen this in welcome posts.
Teamplaya2 is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 09:33 PM   #17
no

badena2 defies all odds

Cool Re: Copying Posts

View Post Originally Posted by sno4270
I think Badena meant posts that OTHER people made ... the ones in the "Hi my Name is Joe" are people that have a set greeting they post that they made themselves, that they post the same thing in different "Hi..." threads.

A copied post would be like Badena coming up with a really cool explanation, maybe how to use a feature in my page. Then I come along, copy the text, and post it in another thread as if I made up the whole thing. It's real easy to have the same post without copying for simple stuff, but for longer posts it's more likely someone copied another person if the text is the same, cause most people have different ways of writing than each other.
Exactly! I agree 100%! Rep! Thanks for explaining!
Old 02-04-2009, 09:34 PM   #18
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Teamplaya2
I agree with you, I have also seen this in welcome posts.
She doesn't mean copying and pasting your own post I think she means copying and pasting OTHER people's posts
Old 02-04-2009, 09:37 PM   #19
no

badena2 defies all odds

Wink Re: Copying Posts

She doesn't mean copying and pasting your own post I think she means copying and pasting OTHER people's posts

Yeah I do! =) Thanks!
Old 02-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #20
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!

That is what I ment, I have had my posts copied and used. I PM them and tell them they an use some of my info but not all of it.
Sorry I was not clear.
I am out of sorts right now.
Teamplaya2 is offline Female
Closed